Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

35 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

My understanding is that Seattle express only picks up at SEA-TAC area hotels? Not directly from airport or downtown hotels to the cruise pier?

I was researching how the pick up times work and it's listed in the FAQ that they don't pick up from the airport 

https://seattleexpress.com/frequently-asked-questions/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

My understanding is that Seattle express only picks up at SEA-TAC area hotels? Not directly from airport or downtown hotels to the cruise pier?

I’m at an airport hotel, it’s another poster that is downtown 

• Like 1

Here I am, semi patiently awaiting the shuttle to take me to home for the week. If I’m not ocean ready, I don’t know what is 😂 no I don’t normally have such colorful hair but return to cruising and the ocean has me excited, and my friend is is school to do hair so why not let he play. And I guess everyone on board will know how to find me 🌊😂It is temporary 😂im so looking forward to the next week onboard. My friend gave me the shoes early this week that were a bit tight so I’ve been pulling out all the stops to make them fit In time for today. Thanks to those following along and to those also boarding, see you soon, out

r adventure awaits 🚢🌊

76CF1421-CDBA-48D9-BF3D-5AF739EC12CB.jpeg

1577114E-FB0E-49DF-9B1E-44C3EA5E1348.jpeg

F0A42E30-FC8D-48C9-90DC-10CA0178DA64.jpeg

23E5267C-54AA-4A79-9BCF-D945B39A09DF.jpeg

7C460243-D481-4F86-9D7F-BBB43880F1E5.jpeg

• Like 44
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

I’m at an airport hotel, it’s another poster that is downtown 

We are taking Seattle Express from our airport hotel to the pier.  Our cruise is 8/9.  Could you please tell me if possible, how many stops the shuttle made and about how many people were  in the shuttle --- I would appreciate it. Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Here I am, semi patiently awaiting the shuttle to take me to home for the week. If I’m not ocean ready, I don’t know what is 😂 no I don’t normally have such colorful hair but return to cruising and the ocean has me excited, and my friend is is school to do hair so why not let he play. And I guess everyone on board will know how to find me 🌊😂It is temporary 😂im so looking forward to the next week onboard. My friend gave me the shoes early this week that were a bit tight so I’ve been pulling out all the stops to make them fit In time for today. Thanks to those following along and to those also boarding, see you soon, out

r adventure awaits 🚢🌊

Love the Hair, shirt, socks and mostly the shoes! You are ready!! Have a great cruise, will be reading along.  Kaye

• Like 6

I hope this thread discusses things other things in addition to transportation, dining, medallion, etc.  The previous live thread barely touched on the onboard naturalist presentations as well as what was seen as far as wildlife and glaciers.   The rangers that board in Bartlett Cove for Glacier Bay day are great for that area.

On our previous Princess trips the naturalist would have a map noting sites of interesting along the way that include known humpback whale feeding areas for increased sightings and the date and time we’d be transiting those areas.  Is this not the reason we cruise Alaska?  We’re on the 8/8 sailing.

Hi all, I am living vicariously through you this week! I am obsessed with MDR menus including breakfast and lunch menus (they change daily, I promise). When possible please post (or TV menu or app menu, whichever is convenient). Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Made it to port!!! Picked up at 9:05, picked up at one other hotel (2 people) and I’m made it to the port at 10. Seattle Express was easy and he showed up where to go to be picked up when we get back. Great experience and a great price! He said the next pick up has 19 passengers so that will take longer. They aren’t letting anyone into the port building yet, not sure what time that will start but hopefully not at 11:30. Maybe I’ll see that lounge 😄🚢

422495F3-FDF4-4B9D-9FC0-9980EF9973C3.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Made it to port!!! Picked up at 9:05, picked up at one other hotel (2 people) and I’m made it to the port at 10. Seattle Express was easy and he showed up where to go to be picked up when we get back. Great experience and a great price! He said the next pick up has 19 passengers so that will take longer. They aren’t letting anyone into the port building yet, not sure what time that will start but hopefully not at 11:30. Maybe I’ll see that lounge 😄🚢

Bet that sight gave you goosebumps! Happy for you. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Looking forward to following along. 
love the photos. 

• Like 2

First observation was there is no priority line for elite and platinum guess you kind of have to go in the shuffle with everyone else but the check and process is well under a minute if you have your medallion. Aa I'm sitting here waiting to board with group A, and I have to inquire if there was a elite Platinum lounge for priority boarding and I had a girl who was very kind to go check there is a sign but there's absolutely nothing there. I told her it's okay I just wanted to triple check and I did mention that some passengers last week spoke to the president Jan said that there should be a longue. It is what it is a happy camper and I can't wait to board.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

r adventure awaits 🚢🌊

2 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

r adventure awaits 🚢🌊

where did your friend find those shoes, would love to get a pair?  thanks

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

First observation was there is no priority line for elite and platinum guess you kind of have to go in the shuffle with everyone else but the check and process is well under a minute if you have your medallion. Aa I'm sitting here waiting to board with group A, and I have to inquire if there was a elite Platinum lounge for priority boarding and I had a girl who was very kind to go check there is a sign but there's absolutely nothing there. I told her it's okay I just wanted to triple check and I did mention that some passengers last week spoke to the president Jan said that there should be a longue. It is what it is a happy camper and I can't wait to board.

I’m in the “platinum elite” area. It’s a little corner and there are 5 of us here. Few chairs and no snacks 😂. They just told us about 5 more minutes 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

we made our way to Group A, as well!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

I’m in the “platinum elite” area. It’s a little corner and there are 5 of us here. Few chairs and no snacks 😂. They just told us about 5 more minutes 

I ywreeting the girl told me stay put with group A. Since there was no lounge setup.  I just made my way by the boarding door with assumption we get priority boarding before even group A🤷‍♀️

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pkt1976 said:

Thanks for the transportation information, it is very much appreciated and will be of help to us next week. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Were suite passengers at that 'corner' too? Did you board with or before Group A? Thank you!