Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

35 minutes ago, redrobin said:

Were suite passengers at that 'corner' too? Did you board with or before Group A? Thank you!

There were only 5 of us elites. We boarded first with the wheelchair group 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Boarding was a cattle call. No elite or priority groups respected. 

Ugly.  Someone on the ground there in the terminal needs to be updated as to what should be happening.  Looks like message from the top echelon has not trickled down.  A bit confusing, so it seems one needed to know where to access the gangplank and be ready to go. 

ETA - @pkt1976 was with a small number of Elites.  I wonder if others were sent to "general seating" with others in Group A and missed the direction?  IDK that terminal so hard to say.  If I was in PE, FL, I'd know where to be for the priority lounge.  LOL.

Hopefully, it will get better with communication and direction by next Sunday.  Step at a time.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

We were also in the group of 5 that was allowed into the Elite lounge area for boarding.  No snacks or beverages.  Had about 10 chairs, half of them holding network equipment.  We boarded with personnel from Group A that needed assistance.  Got on the ship at 11:26.  Saw from the ramp when they released Group A to board.

On board some confusion within the greeters.  Some did not know fire doors were closed to keep passengers cabins off limits while they were cleaning them.  Hope to get in there after lunch.

If you want a nice sit down lunch remember that Concerto dining room opens at noon on boarding day.  Some guides on board will tell you it is not open, don't listen to them.  One told us that, with Princess opening the Concerto doors behind her. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Gluten free and regular pizza in Alfredos. 

20210801_120816.jpg

20210801_120811.jpg

Gluten free definitely looks like gluten free, but I am so glad that it exists!! We don't cruise til June next year for an Alaska land cruise tour (I'm giving up on my South America cruise--even though it hasn't been cancelled YET.) If you have other GF dishes I'd love to see them. Thanks!!

Janet

3 minutes ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Gluten free definitely looks like gluten free, but I am so glad that it exists!! We don't cruise til June next year for an Alaska land cruise tour (I'm giving up on my South America cruise--even though it hasn't been cancelled YET.) If you have other GF dishes I'd love to see them. Thanks!!

Janet

I can tell you that was the best Gluten Free crust I have ever had. Very fluffy!

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Gluten free and regular pizza in Alfredos. 

20210801_120816.jpg

20210801_120811.jpg

Thanks for posting gluten info.  Since my last cruise (Hawaii 2020) I have been diagnosed as celiac and am interested in hearing about gluten free food on Princess as this is a new world for me. From what  I hear,  Princess does a fine job.

• Like 1

Princess staff very welcoming on board.  Plenty of Welcome Back greetings everywhere.

We were walking thru the ship and one lady called us over by name. Our names popped up on her tablet and she was the check-in person for our Muster Station. So we were quickly checked in knowing the location to go to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

Here I am, semi patiently awaiting the shuttle to take me to home for the week. If I’m not ocean ready, I don’t know what is 😂 no I don’t normally have such colorful hair but return to cruising and the ocean has me excited, and my friend is is school to do hair so why not let he play. And I guess everyone on board will know how to find me 🌊😂It is temporary 😂im so looking forward to the next week onboard. My friend gave me the shoes early this week that were a bit tight so I’ve been pulling out all the stops to make them fit In time for today. Thanks to those following along and to those also boarding, see you soon, out

r adventure awaits 🚢🌊

76CF1421-CDBA-48D9-BF3D-5AF739EC12CB.jpeg

1577114E-FB0E-49DF-9B1E-44C3EA5E1348.jpeg

F0A42E30-FC8D-48C9-90DC-10CA0178DA64.jpeg

23E5267C-54AA-4A79-9BCF-D945B39A09DF.jpeg

7C460243-D481-4F86-9D7F-BBB43880F1E5.jpeg

You are definitely ready! Princess should make you an official ambassador1

• Like 2

If anyone currently onboard has dinner at Bistro Sur La Mer (French specialty restaurant), I'd be grateful if you comment on the noise level there. Some previous reviews of the Majestic (from its time in Australia and Asia) have noted that the restaurant is close to the atrium and that the music, DJ announcements, and general passenger noise make it impossible to have a quiet conversation at dinner. I hope they've done something to fix the problem, because the menu looks great. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

I can tell you that was the best Gluten Free crust I have ever had. Very fluffy!

Thanks for posting! So glad to know this.  We sailed Majestic from Australia and at the time didn't know that I needed to be gluten free so I ate the "full strength" pizza and it was great. Trying to find a decent gluten free pizza is a challenge! Enjoy your trip!

15 minutes ago, Postman806 said:

I’m hoping someone will please please PLEASE post daily photos of the Patter.  We board on Aug 15 and would love to get a feel for the daily activities.  

Thank you in advance!!

They are/were posted on the previous "live from" thread....