Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

Happy sailing to all of you!  I hope you have as much fun as we did.

I also hope you all have a better experience connecting to CC boards from the ships WiFi. I talked to several cc members who never got past the “this page is impersonating a site and trying to steal your info” or something to that affect every time they tried to log in to Cruise Critic. They gave up and never went back later to try. I almost gave up too as it really was frustrating. It kept happening the entire cruise. 

That’s why we didn’t have as many posting as wanted to. Every sailing it should all get better though. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

International Cafe - just an FYI, no almond milk...but two GF options. Cheesecake was bomb!

20210801_124908.jpg

20210801_124903.jpg

You are the bomb! Thanks again. 

Edited by mtnlvr53
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Postman806 said:

I did see patters for 2 days but not every day…..maybe I missed them

This post doesn't have them all, but does have more than 2.  (The link here is the post that HaveDog mentions below.)

Edited by GoHawks-43-8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A question: Has anyone boarded who had to pick up their medallion at the port? How did that go? I'm on the next departure (8/8) and we've got to get our medallions when we arrive. I'm hoping it's not a mess. 

And a comment: Thanks to the person who posted pics from the library! I've never seen SO MANY Scrabble games in one place outside of a store. Good to know there are options. 

Many thanks in advance to everyone who is posting!

• Like 4

@Postman806 I put up days 1 thru 6 in one post. Day 7 and the log of the cruise are in my checked luggage. So search my posts on day 6. That’s where you’ll find them. A kind member then made a single post right away where they were all oriented the same. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Chai8 said:

And a comment: Thanks to the person who posted pics from the library! I've never seen SO MANY Scrabble games in one place outside of a store. Good to know there are options. 

I saw the Scrabble games, and my eyes opened wide with excitement.

Hopefully, they all have the full compliment of letters. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Chai8 said:

A question: Has anyone boarded who had to pick up their medallion at the port? How did that go? I'm on the next departure (8/8) and we've got to get our medallions when we arrive. I'm hoping it's not a mess. 

I did, quick and easy 😁I was actually the first one that had to check at the desk today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We were in Group B, pre-assigned from the Medallion app. We used the Princess transfer from the airport, which took about 30 minutes. We were all setup in the Medallion app for the "green lane" and from getting off the bus onto the ship took about 15 minutes.  We boarded at 12:02 and it looked like only Groups A and B were going into the cruise port at that time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was one of the very first people to work if not the second. And unfortunately cabins were not ready when I boarded around 11:30. They actually did not become clean and available until about between 1 -1:30. Not worried or disappointed at all as I will gladly accept it very well cleaned through a sanitized cabin.

Before watching the mustard drill video I actually went ahead and checked into my mustard station to get that out of the way. They can find out if you have not done both the checking of your mustard station and complete it watching the video as in your state room TV when you're logged in get checks off the things that you have completed it's all hooked up to The Medallion one way or another. (By the way little hint you could go to anyone who's skating with a medallion machine when she get on the ship to scan your medallion and ask them where your mustard station is so you can just quickly take care of that)

Afterwards I decided to indulge and feed my very hungry belly at Alfredo's. I ordered my ultimate favorite the di'margo salad and a vegetarian pizza.

Now I'm waiting for the sail away to start in about a half hour so decided to try the famous chopsticks noodle bar. I went with a vegetable miso ramen. The presentation is lovely and they have extra condiments for you to put in whether it's vinegar soy sauce and so on. The presentation is lovely you do get set of chopsticks and a little spoon. It is excellent but very fair warning it is spicy and has a massive kick to the point you can use a glass of milk.

20210801_115227.jpg

20210801_120734.jpg

20210801_143811.jpg

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chai8 said:

Personally I did not have to pick up my Medallion at the port, but I did notice the lines were awfully small for those who were there to pick up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Here is the boarding paperwork about the platinum/elite lounge and today’s patter as well as my lunch in the dining room, oh and a few areas of the ship. Also a few shots of my state room with the normal set up and the over affectionate shower curtain I’ve missed a so much 😂. You can get topping at swirls ice cream on this ship and so I did!! 

Dinner is at 5, I tried to move it to later but it won’t let me. I’ll go to sail away then to dinner. 

I did stop by the Enclave and it’s indeed $179 for the week and you have to make reservations. Prior to boarding it was $140 on the Princess site. I’ll skip this time. 

ECCB81E1-A0FC-4CC3-A220-068B25A4AAD9.jpeg

88D34C4A-02C6-4275-A758-316161C79F6A.jpeg

214E52C1-0D12-467D-B43B-E9FD3BA6ADC8.jpeg

00EA2D6F-CF4B-41DC-B4E7-088E5190C289.jpeg

CC1A24A7-6B3D-4B74-A75C-D04465E662FA.jpeg

32F68BA6-40B7-40D6-93F3-C247EAB16717.jpeg

BF44B186-C7C2-4EC4-9100-AD1F3E7AA0EB.jpeg

93DDE278-FE66-42DD-8321-E5B6EE44C135.jpeg

51890045-B536-4EFB-98CA-944A95130076.jpeg

01811EC5-1328-4A36-BB64-009AFD305B8B.jpeg

B5A695A5-8337-4BA8-A059-C3A1145D1835.jpeg

AD2B0395-32DE-4C19-AA1B-3CD2D7DD95C5.jpeg

827FFE30-D716-44F4-8265-A6A1A339EA04.jpeg

5F76EAF9-5E7B-4E69-8954-21F0CFEA0691.jpeg

ACD0E5E5-5395-49A5-A29F-1DFA60A4D59B.jpeg

659BC7C9-C05A-484A-9B12-DC2451B44F59.jpeg

8C9347AA-8DC0-491B-9AD8-DD735AC5F6B7.jpeg

6C8F293F-8736-47C7-B299-0C818F515C96.jpeg

8811FAD9-40BC-4B02-B145-9EEEAF12CACE.jpeg

E39DE420-C392-466B-8C09-CC73B990B616.jpeg

C3EA48B7-B023-4D48-8D5D-F12895A437F5.jpeg

ED9643C0-032B-4E6D-92EA-60F0B7F461FF.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

We had an interesting situation upon checkin (2:00). My medallion worked just fine,  Jeannie's did not. This didn't seem to phase anybody at all. They just said "go to Customer Service and get another". Well, you have to use the medallion to "scan" onto the ship...at least that *used* to be the absolute rule. They let us on the ship without a working medallion!

Also...not once did anybody ask to see your app to show that you were green lane.  Seems like all of this technology that was thrown at us is being ignored. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We had an interesting situation upon checkin (2:00). My medallion worked just fine,  Jeannie's did not. This didn't seem to phase anybody at all. They just said "go to Customer Service and get another". Well, you have to use the medallion to "scan" onto the ship...at least that *used* to be the absolute rule. They let us on the ship without a working medallion!

Also...not once did anybody ask to see your app to show that you were green lane.  Seems like all of this technology that was thrown at us is being ignored. 

First thing I asked the guy at check in was if he wanted to see my phone for the QR code and they said nope as long as you have your medallion all my information I need is there.

Oh it's typical when a medallion doesn't work just means the battery is not working. They ship these out so close to your sailing because the battery longevity usually only lasts about 3 weeks or so.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

You can get topping at swirls ice cream on this ship and so I did!! 

Thank you SOOO much for the pictures!  The luncheon ravioli!  My favorite!

If you get a chance can you test the OceanNow food delivery and let us know how it works?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

I’m in the “platinum elite” area. It’s a little corner and there are 5 of us here. Few chairs and no snacks 😂. They just told us about 5 more minutes 

If I remember correctly the Platinum/Elite area is in the north corner o the terminal, think of office dividers, that what the look like. 

Edited by Eaglecw
  • Like 1

How exciting! I’m a foodie so post plenty of everything. Including drinks. That’s a bummer that they removed Gong Cha Cafe. I was looking forward to ordering from there as I’m a big fan of those types of drinks. What did they replace it with? And what new food items in the MDR did you come across?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chai8 said:

I'm curious about this info too, as we booked our trip (8/15) too close to departure to have our medallons sent to us....we have to obtain ours at the pier as well.