Surf to stream WiFi price

paulajj

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was on the Edge sailing last week, bought the slower internet (didn't have the AI fare) package.  It was unusable Day 2 so we went to guest services; just some datapoints:

- We asked if the basic just blocked streaming or if the premium was actually faster than the basic, they called the ilounge who stated premium's at least twice as fast.

- You can upgrade later in the sailing and only pay by the day so maybe if you have a port day on Day 2 upgrade on your next sea day if you want to save a little.

- They told us they'll upgrade us for 24 hours, if we want to downgrade back to basic within 24 hours they'll do so not even charge us.

- They applied the 10% CC level discount without me even asking.

- One our sailing it was bad day 1, day 2 from morning-2pm it was practically unusable with about 95% of the time, you click something and within 30-60 seconds, the page fails to load.  Like magic at 2pm through the rest of the cruise internet was pretty good yet that isn't to say there are occasional laggy times.  We had LLP on this sailing and a few suite pax told me when she asked suite pax how the cruise was going most said everything was great but the internet, very possible she authorized the ship to spend money to increase the bandwidth.

That’s really good information thank you.
I won’t be watching movies or anything but I do enjoy using it on holiday and miss it when I don’t have it. I’m assuming now that most are getting it free that will slow things down a lot. 
I’ll probably just upgrade before I go to save myself the hassle. 

Thanks again

paula 

• Like 1