Change to the "MYATLAS" form

keokukjoe

Please note that if you previously completed the "MYATLAS" form, there is now an addition under the "Medical" category which asks your Covid-19 vaccination status. Still no place to upload your CDC certificate but there is a red asterisk there so I imagine that we will need to upload an image of the certificate.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 3:19 PM, keokukjoe said:

Please note that if you previously completed the "MYATLAS" form, there is now an addition under the "Medical" category which asks your Covid-19 vaccination status. Still no place to upload your CDC certificate but there is a red asterisk there so I imagine that we will need to upload an image of the certificate.

Thanks so much for pointing this out!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention here about a special occasion we alerted both our TA and the my atlas form about - we were celebrating our anniversary on board during our trip. The night of our anniversary we were getting ready for dinner and at about 6pm our phone rang in our state room. They informed us that they overlooked our anniversary and asked if we would like a cake in Porto the following night. We agreed even though we had planned to go to Aft7 that night. The next night we went to dinner and when our server asked what we wanted for dessert we had to inform him that it was our anniversary the previous night and that we were told there would be a cake for us. He jumped in and made us a few really cool napkin sculptures which we totally appreciated. But this was still a big “miss” as it felt like we were asking for extra attention (not our style) and with only 50 or so people on board I think behind the scenes a few more people should have been alerted (like the dining room manager) which would have made it a little more special. As this was our first cruise I don’t know what other cruise lines do but I’m pretty sure it’s more than what we received. A card in our room maybe? Bottle of something with some glasses when we returned from our excursion? Hoping they can figure out a way to make these occasions a little more special as we booked our trip over these dates because of it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, saddledowndani said:

I forgot to mention here about a special occasion we alerted both our TA and the my atlas form about - we were celebrating our anniversary on board during our trip. The night of our anniversary we were getting ready for dinner and at about 6pm our phone rang in our state room. They informed us that they overlooked our anniversary and asked if we would like a cake in Porto the following night. We agreed even though we had planned to go to Aft7 that night. The next night we went to dinner and when our server asked what we wanted for dessert we had to inform him that it was our anniversary the previous night and that we were told there would be a cake for us. He jumped in and made us a few really cool napkin sculptures which we totally appreciated. But this was still a big “miss” as it felt like we were asking for extra attention (not our style) and with only 50 or so people on board I think behind the scenes a few more people should have been alerted (like the dining room manager) which would have made it a little more special. As this was our first cruise I don’t know what other cruise lines do but I’m pretty sure it’s more than what we received. A card in our room maybe? Bottle of something with some glasses when we returned from our excursion? Hoping they can figure out a way to make these occasions a little more special as we booked our trip over these dates because of it. 

Wow- It's these little things that make the difference.  I mentioned earlier, that to justify per-diems in the $800 plus arena, you need to make service, food and the overall experience beyond what else is in the marketplace.  Just the fact that the ship is only carrying less than 196 Guests, isn't enough. I'm sure that these notifications will be streamlined eventually, but I am truly sorry that the line missed your Anniversary.  Happy Anniversary to you!  Here's to many more.

Well, so did you ever get your cake?  Or did they blow through it again on the second night and figured fun napkins ala RCL & Carnival covered it?

Here's our experience on an Oceania cruise over my husband's birthday.  We hadn't said anything but obviously it is in our profile.  We went to a nice dinner, in one of the specialty restaurants, returned to our room and found it decorated with balloons, a fun towel heart and nice heart on the bed made from the turndown chocolates!  Right up our alley being chocoholics.  It really surprised us and touched our hearts.  It turns out our cabin attendants had seen the date in our profile and took it upon themselves to do some decorating.  They explained the ship provides balloons and it is up to the cabin attendants as to whether or not they wish to do something for the guest.  

Another year we were on a Crystal cruise.  For those having a birthday to celebrate on the cruise, they had a special cocktail party in the Captains suite, with him, some of the officers and of course all of us with a birthday that cruise.  For breakfast they make a special breakfast which had a beautiful array of specially made breakfast items sort of like a bruschetta or cheese board kind of idea for the presentation of things not on any of the breakfast menus.  Dinner was a specially made dinner for however many were in "my" travel party finished with a gorgeously decorated special chocolate torte.  They were doing a special birthday promotion gimmick that year so if your birthday fell during the cruise which mine did, we received a gift certificate for 50% off my cruise fare on a future cruise. And yes, that is 50% off whatever the already discounted published fare, not the faux "original" price.  Quite amazing.  Talk about an all around special day and top class way to handle the birthday!   I don't recall for sure whether or not there was also champagne so I will have to look back though my photos.  But yes there was also a card from Crystal.           

On 9/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, andiamo76 said:

Well, so did you ever get your cake?  Or did they blow through it again on the second night and figured fun napkins ala RCL & Carnival covered it?

Here's our experience on an Oceania cruise over my husband's birthday.  We hadn't said anything but obviously it is in our profile.  We went to a nice dinner, in one of the specialty restaurants, returned to our room and found it decorated with balloons, a fun towel heart and nice heart on the bed made from the turndown chocolates!  Right up our alley being chocoholics.  It really surprised us and touched our hearts.  It turns out our cabin attendants had seen the date in our profile and took it upon themselves to do some decorating.  They explained the ship provides balloons and it is up to the cabin attendants as to whether or not they wish to do something for the guest.  

Another year we were on a Crystal cruise.  For those having a birthday to celebrate on the cruise, they had a special cocktail party in the Captains suite, with him, some of the officers and of course all of us with a birthday that cruise.  For breakfast they make a special breakfast which had a beautiful array of specially made breakfast items sort of like a bruschetta or cheese board kind of idea for the presentation of things not on any of the breakfast menus.  Dinner was a specially made dinner for however many were in "my" travel party finished with a gorgeously decorated special chocolate torte.  They were doing a special birthday promotion gimmick that year so if your birthday fell during the cruise which mine did, we received a gift certificate for 50% off my cruise fare on a future cruise. And yes, that is 50% off whatever the already discounted published fare, not the faux "original" price.  Quite amazing.  Talk about an all around special day and top class way to handle the birthday!   I don't recall for sure whether or not there was also champagne so I will have to look back though my photos.  But yes there was also a card from Crystal.           

We did get our cake the next night but we had to tell our server about it so he could track it down. Our server was a former RCL employee so the napkin statues were from him. He took the initiative to do that for us which was so appreciated and another reason we loved sitting in his section each night. Hope I didn’t seem ungrateful but I did kind of expect more from them for a special occasion. I can see the bigger ships probably have more people celebrating things so maybe they have more of a system set up for it. It’s definitely an area Atlas can improve on. 

Not ungrateful at all.  I think other lines just pay attention to details more and of course have much more experience.  As to special celebration days during a cruise, I think in general we as passengers do have to let them know, which obviously you did!  Even so I know many really don't just naturally do something special.  But when it is specially requested we certainly do anticipate something.  And actually on most of the lines, you can request just about anything anytime and they bend over backwards to do it for you.  All part of the pampering  to entice us to come back.  I have even heard repeated stories on Oceania of guests request a family favorite and they will make it, even the exact old family recipe if you give them that and a couple days advance notice!   Shoot I'm just happy when I request truffles and they make a special batch they keep with our name and cabin so anytime I want some they can send them up.  Not a good habit to get into but sure is nummy!

I know I sound quite negative now which is not my usual self.  We are just so fed up with them by this point.  I spent hours the past 2 days reading through numerous Boards and Roll Calls and it was exhausting reading all the endless changing of their story, cheapening of what they deliver etc.  This was supposed to be a fun special trip celebrating my husbands "special number" birthday.  A starting number that most of us don't like to see but at this point only gets worse!  But as we say, consider the alternative.  Many don't get this opportunity.  Atlas has been such an aggravation and disappointment to deal with it has put quite a damper on our usual enthusiasm.  There were so many other very neat things we could have done instead so this has been a major factor in our irritation.  Way too much needless time spent.  On to better things!  As the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  

I thought it must be an RCCL person.  We have never used them but have heard and seen from friends that do.  Always fun and it was indeed very thoughtful of him.  Curious what his name is.  Perhaps we can try to be in his section.  It does sound like they have a good pleasant crew and some nice food.   Guests always appreciate that.  By now it is pretty much expected as it is so much the norm.  I like the sound of their country theme dinners.  We always enjoy those on other lines.