New Health Attestation/Ticket Contract

35 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Jimmcdaniel:

Does Viking have any idea where or how the passenger on the tour bus got Covid?

So all those passengers that were on THAT bus are in quarantine even thought they

tested negative? CRAZY

I'm beginning to thing that these tests are not accurate. 

I’ve posted more detail on the Live Blog (or whatever they call it over on Viking) but the summary is that Viking has made no public announcements about this. I am guessing most pax are unaware. The General Manager told my wife that their experience so far with these Iceland Cruise is that the breakthrough infections are detected by day 3 or 4 of the cruise. 

I am totally guessing here but that that may reflect someone who got infected  after their required pre-Cruise test (like in the airport) since that corresponds with the incubation period for covid but that is just a guess. I am also inferring that since most of the folks are happily enjoying their cruise the tests are not totally worthless. It is this weird Iceland bus policy that really messes things up. Viking also requires us to carry contact tracing gizmos all the time but Iceland doesn’t seem to think those matter. If you are on the bus you are guilty. 

I believe all those quarantined passengers have now returned to the US. We were told that if you test negative after you are removed from the ship you must board a flight home. 

We have no idea what the policies are in the UK regarding testing negative after being on a tour bus.

All our excursions are with Regent. I guess we will be a a bubble with fellow passengers.

Unfortunately we booked this cruise in August 2019. Way before Regent instated any Reassurance

programs... seems as though our booking doesn't apply. This cruise was sold out before 2020 and had

a wait list.

3 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

All our excursions are with Regent. I guess we will be a a bubble with fellow passengers

Not completely true.  You still have the driver and tour guide not part of the bubble plus you are outside the bubble once you get off the bus.  Nothing anymore is completely safe.

This September 11th cruise is 11 nights. It will be interesting to see how many passengers end up

in quarantine.

Our next cruise in in February 2022.... more than likely we won't make the final payment if we end up

in quarantine on this cruise. Not going to risk  being in this situation again.

Our first Regent cruise is in January 2022.  I am beginning to wonder whether we will make it onto the ship.  We are both fully vaccinated (and may qualify for boosters before the end of the year).  We will probably isolate during the holidays.  But the fact is, to get to Miami for the cruise, we will be traveling from our UWS home to LGA.  We will be masked, but masks only provide so much protection.  We will spend a certain amount of time in LGA (anyone who has been there knows it's crowded on the best of days).  We will be traveling on an airplane, which means we will be among many others.  We will then be at MIA, which, again, is a crowded airport, even on the best days.  We will spend the night at a hotel (we chose to do this, to make sure we have plenty of time to make it to the ship the next day, especially in light of the need to test the next morning).  More exposure to other people.  Masks only give you so much protection in all of this.

DH and I have been pretty much holed up at home since this whole thing started, and are beyond grateful for the vaccine.  But the fact is that we have no guarantee that we won't be exposed to Covid and test positive on our way to the cruise.  It's a definite risk.

21 hours ago, Aubie59 said:

It is glaringly obvious Regent has lawyered up and those of us with future cruise credits are at high risk of losing our money. We have been cancelled twice and because we were paid in full we could not get a cash refund. Now we are 2 years older and my husband will be 85 when we are scheduled to cruise early 2022.  Plus no one knows about booster shot requirements now that most of us have reached our 6 months since fully vaccinated. What a mess and I have a feeling Regent will wind up with all our money and we will have no cruise. 

We were paid in full when Regent cancelled our March 2020 cruise due to Covid.  We were offered a full refund or a future cruise credit. You may want to double check on that!

2 hours ago, mrstanley said:

We have no idea what the policies are in the UK regarding testing negative after being on a tour bus.

1 hour ago, mrstanley said:

This September 11th cruise is 11 nights. It will be interesting to see how many passengers end up

in quarantine.

If you are fully vaccinated it is unlikely that you will have to isolate unless you test positive:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/self-isolation-removed-for-double-jabbed-close-contacts-from-16-august

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise. The weather around Britain in September is often very pleasant.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rallydave said:

Unfortunately most if not all cruise lines including Regent write their terms and conditions as unilateral not requiring your agreement and without any time limit on changes.  You are stuck with whatever changes they choose with no prior notice and no ability to disagree.  You agree to all of this by booking your cruise and giving them money.  This is unfortunately from a cruisers point of view but, the facts.

If they don't require my agreement, why are they asking  that we check the boxes saying we approve of the new terms regarding Covid protocols?  I absolutely have the ability to disagree and refuse to check those boxes.  The question then is, how will Regent handle it?  Will they claim I cancelled because I refused to agree to their new terms, and therefore charge the penalty?  That seems to be the route they are taking, or at least trying to, despite the fact that they changed the contract, not me (I have never heard of a business that can enter into a contract with a customer and then change it and penalize the customer).  I have a feeling that before this is all over, they're going to have a whole bunch of customers who don't feel that constant testing and wearing masks anytime you are outside of your cabin are the definition of "luxury" (regardless of how necessary those actions may be), and who will refuse to agree to the new terms. We are waiting until final payment day to see how the T&Cs change yet again (as they are quite likely to do)...but I have my doubts that we will be taking that cruise.  Or any other, for that matter. Far too much money to invest in something that really isn't "luxury."

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TahoeTraveler said:

If they don't require my agreement, why are they asking  that we check the boxes saying we approve of the new terms regarding Covid protocols?  I absolutely have the ability to disagree and refuse to check those boxes.

Simply part of another change to their T's and C's that you have no choice in signing or not and going on your cruise.  You didn't agree to anything in the T's and C's before other than book and pay your deposit so just another lawyer thing to cover their butts in case you choose to sue.

Not sure if the T's and C's say anything about checking the box or not and if they don't you may not have to check the box unless the website simply won't you go any further in the check-in process meaning I believe without completing check-in you are likely in essence canceling.

Sure the Regent lawyers have covered them selves and I still believe it is a unilateral contract with the checking of the box simply a new requirement that you don't have to agree with but, not checking the box likely will mean no boarding pass and no cruise. 

On 8/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, rallydave said:

Simply part of another change to their T's and C's that you have no choice in signing or not and going on your cruise.  You didn't agree to anything in the T's and C's before other than book and pay your deposit so just another lawyer thing to cover their butts in case you choose to sue.

Not sure if the T's and C's say anything about checking the box or not and if they don't you may not have to check the box unless the website simply won't you go any further in the check-in process meaning I believe without completing check-in you are likely in essence canceling.

Sure the Regent lawyers have covered them selves and I still believe it is a unilateral contract with the checking of the box simply a new requirement that you don't have to agree with but, not checking the box likely will mean no boarding pass and no cruise. 

True...we won't be able to board unless we agree to the changed terms.  That's why we're waiting to see what, if anything, changes between now and final payment date.  Things are in such a state of flux, especially with what appears to be another rise in Covid cases, that we don't count on anything going as planned these days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This document seems to be still in flux, as is everything else in the cruise/travel industry these days.  As I read it today (it will not allow me to cut and paste), I must agree to provide proof of full vaccination from those vaccines that have been authorized for use by WHO, FDA or EMA.  It does not state anything to do with the CDC, who have not yet approved mixed vaccines as millions in Canada have received.  Is anyone familiar with recent Regent allowances for such?

3 hours ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

This document seems to be still in flux, as is everything else in the cruise/travel industry these days.  As I read it today (it will not allow me to cut and paste), I must agree to provide proof of full vaccination from those vaccines that have been authorized for use by WHO, FDA or EMA.  It does not state anything to do with the CDC, who have not yet approved mixed vaccines as millions in Canada have received.  Is anyone familiar with recent Regent allowances for such?

I have read about this on the Oceania board and assume it would be similar for Regent. Oceania does not allow mixed vaccines on cruises calling on US ports because they are not authorized in the US. They will allow it on cruises calling only at non-US ports.

3 hours ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Here is what the FAQ from the SAILSAFE section of the website says:

What vaccines will be accepted to cruise? 
For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted, with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Vaccines include J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (also known as Covishield and Vaxzervria), Sinopharm BIBP and Sinovac. These vaccines are listed as examples. Refer to FDA or WHO websites for full approved current list. Mixed vaccination protocol will only be accepted for Pfizer BioNTech + Moderna (mRNA vaccines) with a minimum interval of 28 days between doses, and with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Individuals receiving a J&J Janssen vaccine before or after another vaccine are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.

All Other Vessels departing from or returning to a non US port will accept any U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted, with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Vaccines include J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (also known as Covishield and Vaxzervria), Sinopharm BIBP and Sinovac. These vaccines are listed as examples. Refer to FDA or WHO websites for full approved current list. Mixed vaccination protocol will only be accepted for AstraZeneca/Oxford + Pfizer BioNTech + Moderna (mRNA vaccines) combinations with a minimum interval of 28 days between doses, and with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Individuals receiving a J&J Janssen vaccine before or after another vaccine are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.

I underlined they language dealing with mixed vaccinations. Hope this helps.

Dave

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Here is what the FAQ from the SAILSAFE section of the website says:

What vaccines will be accepted to cruise? 
For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted, with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Vaccines include J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (also known as Covishield and Vaxzervria), Sinopharm BIBP and Sinovac. These vaccines are listed as examples. Refer to FDA or WHO websites for full approved current list. Mixed vaccination protocol will only be accepted for Pfizer BioNTech + Moderna (mRNA vaccines) with a minimum interval of 28 days between doses, and with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Individuals receiving a J&J Janssen vaccine before or after another vaccine are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.

All Other Vessels departing from or returning to a non US port will accept any U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted, with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Vaccines include J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (also known as Covishield and Vaxzervria), Sinopharm BIBP and Sinovac. These vaccines are listed as examples. Refer to FDA or WHO websites for full approved current list. Mixed vaccination protocol will only be accepted for AstraZeneca/Oxford + Pfizer BioNTech + Moderna (mRNA vaccines) combinations with a minimum interval of 28 days between doses, and with the final dose having been received 14 days or more prior to embarkation. Individuals receiving a J&J Janssen vaccine before or after another vaccine are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.

I underlined they language dealing with mixed vaccinations. Hope this helps.

Dave

Yup, just called Regent and that is what they directed me to as well.  Therefore, hundreds of thousands of Canadians are ineligible to cruise with Regent out of the US.

12 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Yup, just called Regent and that is what they directed me to as well.  Therefore, hundreds of thousands of Canadians are ineligible to cruise with Regent out of the US.

What is the stumbling block for ineligible Canadians?

Dave

7 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Not Canadian but, many have been given mixed vaccinations which may not match the applicable criteria.

Exactly!  Many were given a first dose of AstraZeneca and a second of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).  The AstraZeneca/Pfizer combination is actually proving to be most effective, however, still not approved by the CDC.  My beef is that it is considered safe and effective on Regent if sailing out of Europe but not if sailing out of the US.  Is it safe or isn't it?  I highly doubt that the vaccine or the virus care where in the world you are sailing or located.

2 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Exactly!  Many were given a first dose of AstraZeneca and a second of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).  The AstraZeneca/Pfizer combination is actually proving to be most effective, however, still not approved by the CDC. 

Exactly, the US FDA has not approved AstraZeneca in any way so CDC cannot list it as approved therefore not acceptable for sailing using US Ports.

4 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Exactly, the US FDA has not approved AstraZeneca in any way so CDC cannot list it as approved therefore not acceptable for sailing using US Ports.

However, the WHO and EMA have both approved it and the attestation states that the vaccine must be approved by the WHO, FDA OR EMA.  It doesn't mention the CDC at all.  That only comes into play in the Sail Safe portion of the website.  Still pretty muddy to me.  Final payment is Tuesday so must figure out a solution before then.

1 hour ago, DaveFr said:

What is the stumbling block for ineligible Canadians?

Full & lengthy debate may be found in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2790203-mixed-vaccines/

A double dose of Astra Zeneca is acceptable but a mixed dose is not. Although trials are ongoing WHO states that there is as yet insufficient data to recommend mixed doses.

On 8/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, flossie009 said:

A very positive sign that no ships have so far moved to red status.

It seems that the cruise line protocols are working well, and that their actions are satisfying the CDC surveillance.

Does the CDC publish similar tables for airlines, hotels, resorts etc?

Exactly.