Is the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection launching this November?

Does anyone know if the Ritz-Carlton Evrima yacht is on track to launch on November 10? 3 months out there are still no photos or videos of the yacht. When people comment about that on RCYC social media posts there is

no comment. They just continue to post destination photos and computer renderings to generate new bookings. 

Hoping to rebook once the line has launched and reviews confirm it’s worth it. The lack of transparency worries me at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just received notice that my March cruise is canceled and all voyages until May are canceled as well. This is the third or fourth time they’ve canceled on us. This time they’re offering no compensation, which I think is ridiculous. I now have to go back again and cancel flights and hotels. This is not the Ritz Carlton brand we are accustomed to, I will not be booking again unless they treat their clients better.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree the emails sent out in the past couple days are only have computer drawings. We’re booked in March after 4 or 5 delays. No discount or compensation after the last delay. They’ve had our money since the first day the bookings opened. Not impressed so far, hopefully it will be a wonderful cruise.

There are reports online by the "guy" about the first sailing (they were not on board, but interviewed two women they knew who were -- one who has never cruised, but who travels a lot.  Both women were happy with their food (no menus posted) and service. One woman who described herself as Jewish was happy with the breakfast lox and bagels. One of the women's suite attendant did not introduce herself until several days into the cruise, for unclear reasons

Several of the top suites were not ready yet, so those pax were downgraded to a base suite.

there were problems in some suites with climate control, some other pax got locked into their bathrooms due to some electronic problems, and there were a few other issues on this shakedown cruise.

Edited by Catlover54
Typo

3 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I have friends on the inaugural sailing and they are quite pleased.  There are a few technical, mechanical glitches but it seems the consensus among the passengers that it was a success.  I’ll try to glean more details.  They are not CC’ers.

That would be very helpful, thank you! 

Even the pax reporting to the woman who wrote the "guy" article I referred to said everyone seemed to have a great time.

In a few days the second group will be off, and we will know even more. 

Though I adored my Crystal Endeavor cruise in 2021 (2nd voyage of the ship), many things were broken and/or not in service yet on that brand new ship.  There had been a rush to finally get the ship going, as they were very much behind schedule . Ritz was behind 33 months before this trip, and many were unhappy with no FCC or compensation for canceled trips.

On the Endeavor, we and all guests received 25% FCC (which was many thousands of dollars) for the deficiencies, (like no pool) but that was of course pretty much all lost when Crystal went belly up.  RC likely has deeper pockets, and their new pride and joy won't go BK so quickly.   But if we had broken AC in a hot climate, combined with a pool out of service, DH would not be a happy camper, and FCC would not optimally  make up for it, so we're being more cautious.