Southampton parking and pre-covid testing.

les37b

I've got Regal Princess booked for 28 August. I've still yet to buy car parking, but need to do so. (Is CPS the best option?)

Not 100% sure which option is best? But also a further question regarding pre-covid testing.

I know Virgin have a test area about 1.5 miles from the terminal and car park, so know for the cruise with them this weekend, I need to go direct to the test site, then on to the car park at Portsmouth. Does anyone know what the test procedure is? I expect it will be the same as MSC did and the cruise terminal itself is then used for this. Just want to be sure if it is off site, I know in advance.

Many thanks

Also - when do rooms get allocated?

Edited by les37b

We sail on Regal on 1st September & have booked alternate parking with Triangle as we had a voucher to use up from a previous cancellation. My understanding for those driving to Southampton is that there’s a drive-thru test centre near Mayflower terminal, then you make your way to your car parking, go to the ship’s berth terminal & await your results, before you can check in.

There are also testing facilities in the terminals for those arriving by foot, taxi or coaches.

We sail out of Ocean terminal & come back to Mayflower terminal.

No room allocation for us yet. Others seem to think between 2-3 weeks before.

Edited by favouriteplaces
Missed question
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks......

Start your Princess Cruises holiday check-in, if arriving by car you will need to arrive via dock gate 20 and head to our drive-through COVID-19 testing centre (complimentary in the price of your holiday) adjacent to Mayflower Cruise Terminal, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton SO15 1HJ. The testing centre is accessed via West Bay Road. Look for signs directing you to the prenetics testing site. You will head to your embarkation terminal after you have completed the drive-through testing at Mayflower Cruise Terminal. Don’t worry, we will have staff on hand to guide you through. Please arrive at your allocated time. Please have your health declaration confirmation, travel insurance and vaccination statuses available as these are checked for all guests.

Would be so much easier if they just dropped a pin for the actual locations. Both roads mention are pretty long.

I'm guessing it will be on the pin drop I added here.

Hopefully someone who has been will be able to confirm the details.

Edited by les37b

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Many thanks......

Start your Princess Cruises holiday check-in, if arriving by car you will need to arrive via dock gate 20 and head to our drive-through COVID-19 testing centre (complimentary in the price of your holiday) adjacent to Mayflower Cruise Terminal, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton SO15 1HJ. The testing centre is accessed via West Bay Road. Look for signs directing you to the prenetics testing site. You will head to your embarkation terminal after you have completed the drive-through testing at Mayflower Cruise Terminal. Don’t worry, we will have staff on hand to guide you through. Please arrive at your allocated time. Please have your health declaration confirmation, travel insurance and vaccination statuses available as these are checked for all guests.

Would be so much easier if they just dropped a pin for the actual locations. Both roads mention are pretty long.

I'm guessing it will be on the pin drop I added here.

Hopefully someone who has been will be able to confirm the details.

No entrance is further north on West Bay Road before Imperial Way. You exit on Imperial Way.

2 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

No entrance is further north on West Bay Road before Imperial Way. You exit on Imperial Way.

Yes, there are no visible signs and we made the mistake of coming in via dock 10 and turning into the main turning for Mayflower terminal and then following two other cars as we had to go back out again.  The test centre entrance is further along with a huge white tent in it.

1 hour ago, Merly said:

How do I know which terminal we sail from?

We use the Cruise Ship Schedule for Southampton 

Note that the Regal this weekend went out of Ocean Terminal but returned to Mayflower Terminal. So we had to hand over our car keys  to CPS so they could move the car over for us.

Our Sky seacation next month leaves from Mayflower and returns to Ocean  

Edited by dides

2 hours ago, CCFC said:

Could have sworn I read they were not going to check travel insurance.

No-one checked our insurance this last weekend - at the test centre or at the departure terminal.

2 hours ago, Alcairns said:

As I understand it if you have booked with CPS the COVID screening tests are done as you arrive at the parking area. Attached is from a post for Regal.

929CC880-5BBE-42ED-8036-C2D8B02E2306.jpeg

Note that all people who are parking , not just CPS, are now done at  the Mayflower COVID testing. This is a change from the original information which was made on 31 July. 

We advertise our drive on JustPark for about £4.20 a day. 10 minute taxi ride to the terminals some people have even walked down to the terminals. 

On 8/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, wowzz said:

Parking4cruises is normally cheaper than CPS for longer cruises, but probably not much in it for Seacations. 

Edited by southamptoncruisers

On 8/4/2021 at 2:52 PM, dides said:

We use the Cruise Ship Schedule for Southampton 

Note that the Regal this weekend went out of Ocean Terminal but returned to Mayflower Terminal. So we had to hand over our car keys  to CPS so they could move the car over for us.

Our Sky seacation next month leaves from Mayflower and returns to Ocean  

Thank you, that’s very helpful. Looks like we sail and return to Mayflower terminal.

• Like 1

This is what happened for us as we embarked on our seacation last Tuesday. We arrived at the Mayflower dock and were directed to a huge marquee back on the West Bay Road. We were early and waited in line for the testing to begin. Our COVID vaccine status and our passports were checked as we joined the lines. There were 4 lines of cars waiting to enter the marquee. When the testers were ready for us, we were waived forward, our passports checked again and a check message was sent to our phones. Then we were given a wristband each and several barcode stickers and sent on to the testers themselves. They took the stickers from us and proceeded with the nasal swab up both nostrils. There was a tester at each side of the car so this was quite quick. We were then able to go round to the Mayflower terminal. We were directed to park in another line and wait for CPS staff to arrive. This took about 45 mins as CPS had been told by Princess not to arrive until noon!! Meanwhile we had received our results text messages. Once we had handed the car over we handed our luggage over and entered the building. Our text messages were checked to ensure we were both tested negative and we were directed to a check in desk to collect our medallions. Thankfully we had been able to input all required information onto the app so we were green to go. We were then directed to sit ans wait for boarding to begin but only waited a minute or so. Then we went through security and onto the ship. From entering the terminal to being greeted by the crew was less than twenty minutes! Apart from the lack of signage for the testing marquee it was all very efficient. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 3:19 PM, Gettingwarmer said:

Note that all people who are parking , not just CPS, are now done at  the Mayflower COVID testing. This is a change from the original information which was made on 31 July. 

I think you might find that this has changed again!!  ??

On 8/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Harters said:

I've used Parking4Cruises in the past. Found them convenient, efficient and decently priced. I imagine I'll use them on our next cruise in 2022.

Thank you very much for the reference. I will definetly check them out. All the services I face on the internet do not seem really realiable, this time I think I will use this service. I will comment about it later. Thank you