Chauffer service?

Rob1966

We are looking to book a cruise for 21st August from Tilbury, could someone advise what type of vehicle is provided for the Chauffer service? I'm thinking of suitcases and comfort.

thanks

Rob

On our last cruise we were transferred by this company http://aga-traveliners.co.uk/
On our previous cruises by Titan.
Titan used VW Caravelles and AGA Traveliners used a Mercedes Vito going down and a Mercedes Viano coming back.
There were just 4 passengers in our transport.

Edited by Glenndale

We have always had a people carrier shared with only one other couple, but the level of comfort has varied. On one journey, when snow was on the ground, the other couple wanted the heating on full. They were dropped off first, and for the next hour or so, requests to turn down the heating fell on deaf ears, and I had to keep my feet raised off the floor to avoid my shoes melting!  For another journey, the other couple hadn't advised Saga about how many walking aids they were taking, and we had hand luggage pressed against our legs for the journey. Other journeys have been ok, but I would rather they refer to it as a door-to-door transfer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wacktle said:

For another journey, the other couple hadn't advised Saga about how many walking aids they were taking, and we had hand luggage pressed against our legs for the journey.

That doesn't sound nice at all , especially for 4 hours plus .  I would hate it as I need to move  leg or I get bad painful  cramp , wife says I exercise to much.

I think what we will do is tell Saga we have more luggage than we actually have, that should ensure space. Is there any limit on luggage as we are going for 32 days.

Hopefully in May we will still be at no shared transport. 

It's a pity Saga don't offer a discount for not using their travel. We have a very reasonable local man, with a BMW X5,  so plenty  of room for luggage and ideally prefer to support local. He is actually cheaper than the extra 1.85p a mile Saga charge for a private trip.

I might enquire of Saga. The one big advantage of Saga transport is if it's late then its their responsibility. 

They will pay parking, train fares and even flights from local airports.

No fun if someone selfishly crowds out the transport with their luggage I agree, they should have alerted Saga to their walking aids.

We were returning from a cruise on Sapphire and they had allocated us a limo, our cases were packed into boot when a single lady turned up with as much luggage as the 2 of us. There was no way it would all fit and in the end both parties had a private transfer.

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Door to Door chauffeur is the only way we'd go , just like to support small local than big companies.

I'd certainly prefer to do that too - but wouldn't risk travelling all that distance on the same day that the ship was due to sail, so we'd end up paying for a hotel overnight.  We're still undecided about whether a Saga cruise would provide what we want - but the included transfers are definitely one of the two things that tempt us (the other being the included insurance!)

3 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

I'd certainly prefer to do that too - but wouldn't risk travelling all that distance on the same day that the ship was due to sail, so we'd end up paying for a hotel overnight.  We're still undecided about whether a Saga cruise would provide what we want - but the included transfers are definitely one of the two things that tempt us (the other being the included insurance!)

I hope if Saga is responsible for the transport,  they will be responsible if anything goes wrong. In same way if you are on a Cruise line tour they are responsible.  Like you if we were organising own transport would normally go  night before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

Quite a few Saga cruises begin and end at different ports, so the included transfer becomes a nescessity!