New press releases

amunhbuu

Haven't seen anything from any actual passengers yet.

I think these are similar text:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/atlas-ocean-voyages-cruise-line-debut

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6361/

Another thing I realized a couple of months ago is that they already had a sister ship to the World Navigator, the World Explorer which is chartered by Quark.  Not a lot of reviews on that either.

1 hour ago, amunhbuu said:

Haven't seen anything from any actual passengers yet.

I think these are similar text:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/atlas-ocean-voyages-cruise-line-debut

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6361/

Another thing I realized a couple of months ago is that they already had a sister ship to the World Navigator, the World Explorer which is chartered by Quark.  Not a lot of reviews on that either.

I’m following 2 people with public Instagram accounts that are on the first cruise. Looks like they are both travel professionals that may have been invited. @traveltalkweekly and @disneytraveldad. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

I’m following 2 people with public Instagram accounts that are on the first cruise. Looks like they are both travel professionals that may have been invited. @traveltalkweekly and @disneytraveldad. 

Thank you for that info!  I am not on instagram much but I decided to look and I went ahead and followed #atlasoceanvoyages and #worldnavigator so I can see all photos with these hashtags.  I'm so excited for any pictures and live updates.  

• Like 1

I found a promising blogger that is documenting his experience onboard the World Navigator. Not sure I am allowed to post the link but website is named porthole. You should be able to get there based on the name.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi.  Has anyone rec'd any updated info from the 1st cruise either from the passengers

or from the AOV guy on board?  I was very upset to hear that "all inclusive" to AOV meant

2 hours of included WiFi.  Outrageous.  Even more upset to learn no self laundry on board.

Have heard compliments on the food & service but ANY updates on any of these topics 

will be much appreciated.

Steve (winosteve)

Winosteve, I sat in on an AOV informational webinar yesterday.

The next ship, the World Traveler, which is currently under construction will have a self service laundry.

Laundry, but not dry cleaning, can be done for a fee on the World Navigator.  

There was an initial wiring problem for the WiFi with the World Navigator which needs correction.  On the initial voyage WiFi needed to be rationed.  There will be free basic WiFi which covers emailing and texts.  Streaming will be an extra charge.

AOV seems to be very aware of these start up problems and the webinar host grilled the AOV representative well on them.  It's a very difficult time to be starting a new line.

3 hours ago, saddledowndani said:

Here are the wifi packages available on ship. 

E6E01B22-E0A0-4604-848C-24AD2E1049DF.jpeg

Thank you for posting this. I assume that the "complimentary connection" is per passenger or is it per stateroom??? What does the complimentary connection allow (email, texts, WiFi calling) ??? Thank you! Have a wonderful cruise.

18 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

Thank you for posting this. I assume that the "complimentary connection" is per passenger or is it per stateroom??? What does the complimentary connection allow (email, texts, WiFi calling) ??? Thank you! Have a wonderful cruise.

Yes it is per person. I should have added side two (see below).  I’ve been connecting in low data mode so I don’t use too much and have been using the phone in port. We are midship and have very minimal coverage (only the lowest ring) in our room. But after 2 days I haven’t used my free amount up yet. Interesting trip. Will post my review at the end. We are cruising with about 60 passengers and a small film crew who I assume are gathering promotional content while we are off ship. 2 ports in one day tomorrow. 

• Like 2