switched from brilliance

tommy

RCCL switched us from brilliance to serenade without letting us know,and charged us additional 450 dollars for the same cat.We were paid in full on the brilliance.We get a e-mail telling us we have a 450 dollar balance that needs to be paid today.We get a guy on the phone that was clueless kept putting us on hold so he could consult with supervisor.Then tells us there will be a cancellation fee if we cancel.I asked to speak with someone else.He put me on hold came back and said our cruise is cancelled with no fee. I asked him to e-mail us a reference #.He said he will we still have not received it.Iam going to try calling corp.office to confirm.

TOM

11 minutes ago, tommy said:

Iam going to try calling corp.office to confirm.

It may take a few days for this to settle to the correct answer - you shouldn't have to pay anything to be moved but an FCC or refund are options.

6 minutes ago, kelbell said:

I was on phone with them (twice) yesterday. I was told the original cruise

is price protected, you will not have to pay extra. Our cruise was Rhapsody

to Sereande.

what is your cruise date you had originally and date they switched you to on Serenade? Did you request this switch or did it just happen by itself?

The Brilliance to Serenade switch is price protected. At least it said as much in the email I received for our switch.

• Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

My cruise was 12/14/21 Rhapsody out of Tampa, too Serenade. They would

only guarantee same category not location. We had and Aft on Rhapsody deck

7 in between pax decks, Serenade deck 7 above night club. My DH is visuially

impaired and sound sensitive. That cabin on Senerande would never work for

us, and they didn't seem to want to work with us (loyalty...joke) We opted for the

refund, I never got and email for the options ect.. but was told it is time  sensitive

to make a decision, we had till 8/24. I took full refund.

We too were moved from our Nov 13 sail date to the Serenade. First call to RCCL was the cruse was totally cancelled, even though I keep telling the gal I could see us moved to new ship with different with out grand cayman stop .    We lost our original room 8088 with long balcony ugg and they said we had a balance due?  

Rccl would only say call our travel agent.  Today I got my agent to change our room and make RCCL hold the price that was a paid In full already . Still nothing is open to re book pre cruise options for dinner, drinks tours to spa yet. This is wrapping up to be a headache b day trip!