Norwegian Sailings out of Rome (Civitavecchia)

ScratchTheRat

With these sailings coming up very soon, it'll be interesting to follow the stories of those sailing.

I'm due to sail on the 13th from Rome on Getaway but this may depend on Italy lifting their quarantine restriction for those travelling from/through the UK.

Anyone heard anything concrete about this? I know some are under the impression the rule about transitting within 36 hours may apply and others have heard it does not. 

Will be good to hear stories!

Definitely following this because I'm booked for October 17 out of Barcelona to Rome with final payment due the 18th.  I'm getting nervous as beginning today they will require a Green Pass to access some sites.  There's no point in us going if we can't tour Rome.  

Here's the link 

https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

1 minute ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Definitely following this because I'm booked for October 17 out of Barcelona to Rome with final payment due the 18th.  I'm getting nervous as beginning today they will require a Green Pass to access some sites.  There's no point in us going if we can't tour Rome.  

Here's the link 

https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Just be aware that any cruise can cancel any port at any time, even on the day (this happened to me!) - so if you're only cruising for Rome, I suggest going there on a land trip or embarking there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Just be aware that any cruise can cancel any port at any time, even on the day (this happened to me!) - so if you're only cruising for Rome, I suggest going there on a land trip or embarking there.

We were actually booked for a 4 day cruise out of Rome but changed to a 7 day out of Spain because of a price drop it was cheaper considering the cost of a hotel room for two days in Rome.  

7 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

We were actually booked for a 4 day cruise out of Rome but changed to a 7 day out of Spain because of a price drop it was cheaper considering the cost of a hotel room for two days in Rome.  

Fingers crossed it all goes well for you 🙂

• Like 1

We’re supposed to be sailing on the Norwegian Epic out of Rome on 8 September. The ports are in Italy and Spain. I haven’t had any information yet as to whether it will go ahead for us.

I have emailed my travel agent to see if she can find out NCLs current thoughts, but she hasn’t got back to me yet.

If I hear anything I will post here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Notts1964 said:

We’re supposed to be sailing on the Norwegian Epic out of Rome on 8 September. The ports are in Italy and Spain. I haven’t had any information yet as to whether it will go ahead for us.

I have emailed my travel agent to see if she can find out NCLs current thoughts, but she hasn’t got back to me yet.

If I hear anything I will post here.

NCL say they send out all the travel stuff 30 days before sailing so you have 3 more days to go! Please let me know what happens 🙂

I'm feeling confident but anxious. Just gotta hope the UK's cases go down further before 30th August. There MAY be a chance we can be exempt from the quarantine if we travel from airport straight to the cruise terminal.

47 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

From what I've read the CDC card is currently accepted as the equivalent to a Green Pass so your access in Rome wouldn't be restricted.

The Ministry of Health, Italy updated its web site on July 29 but unfortunately the new ordinance is a PDF in Italian.  Covid-19, travellers (salute.gov.it)

That's definitely good to know

• Like 1

I decided to cancel just prior to final payment.  If things change and we can visit without restrictions then we will rebook but will wait much closer to the day of sailing to avoid cancelling and having to wait for refund. On the downside my preferred cabin probably won't be available but at least it gives me the freedom to change and book something else as my money won't be tied up awaiting a refund.

The Italian Ministry of Health issued an ordinance on July 29, 2021 stating that an Anti-COVID-19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA) recognized vaccine from competent U.S. health authorities (CDC “white cards”) will be considered the equivalent of the Italian Green Pass where this requirement exists

Took the above info from link mentioned above. Am I wrong or are our CDC vaccine cards acceptable?

4 hours ago, realtorgranny said:

The Italian Ministry of Health issued an ordinance on July 29, 2021 stating that an Anti-COVID-19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA) recognized vaccine from competent U.S. health authorities (CDC “white cards”) will be considered the equivalent of the Italian Green Pass where this requirement exists

Took the above info from link mentioned above. Am I wrong or are our CDC vaccine cards acceptable?

The CDC cards are accepted.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/italy-with-a-covid-vaccine/