All About The Premium Pass (Formerly The Pass Bar Premium Drinks Package)

AussieBoyTX

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting the Bar Menu.   We are considering Ponant and while I don't have any experience with.

I'm don't drink but my husband enjoys Grey Goose and Tonic.    Would that be under the premium which I understand from the fine print would be applied to both of us regardless that I don't drink.  

A quick question.    Are Cappuccino's included under either package?

All of the coffee drinks come from a commercial Nespresso machine and are included in the base price.

Not all that useful for planning, but...  @AussieGirlTX doesn't drink and I occasionally decid to spring for the Premium Pass. A brief chat with the bar manager about our situation has always worked out for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @AussieBoyTX    I'm like @AussieGirlTX and don't drink but am the planner of the bunch. 

I've really been studying Ponant in detail.   Wanted to confirm if drinks in the MiniFride in rooms is included.   From what I've read it appears to be included.  

I was going to contact my Agent this week and have him start working on a booking.   We have pretty much decided to give Ponant a try and then follow it up with a booking on SilverSeas.   I've read some really good posts of yours about both. 

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks @AussieBoyTX    I'm like @AussieGirlTX and don't drink but am the planner of the bunch. 

I've really been studying Ponant in detail.   Wanted to confirm if drinks in the MiniFride in rooms is included.   From what I've read it appears to be included.  

I was going to contact my Agent this week and have him start working on a booking.   We have pretty much decided to give Ponant a try and then follow it up with a booking on SilverSeas.   I've read some really good posts of yours about both. 

Yea, drinks in the minibar are included. If you need the way it’s stocked to be changed, the housekeeper will be happy to take care of that for you (we don’t need regular Coke or Tequila, but always need more Gin and Tonic). 

The SilverSea reviews are probably by @jpalbny  Lately, I’ve only been sailing Ponant and my knowledge of other lines is stale. 

• 8 months later...

On right now, no mention has been made of it.  We are OK with the included offerings but very disappointed given the very expensive price of this cruise that they want to charge for certain brands that are included on other all inclusive lines.  This is not IMO all inclusive.  2 white. 2 red and 1 Rose offerings pretty substandard and only included Tequila is Cuervo.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

This is not IMO all inclusive.

I don't recall Ponant advertising that they are all-inclusive.  Their tag line is "à la carte" approach which means you have to pay for the luxury things that are important to you.  Some people prefer that because it also means you aren't paying for the luxury things that are not important to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All inclusive apparently has a different meaning in the French language.  We encountered lots of upcharges.  And we never were served Heidsiek even at the North Pole celebration. I am working on a forthcoming writeup of the trip, some of which was absolutely amazing and other parts disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

All inclusive apparently has a different meaning in the French language.  We encountered lots of upcharges.  And we never were served Heidsiek even at the North Pole celebration. I am working on a forthcoming writeup of the trip, some of which was absolutely amazing and other parts disappointing.

Look forward to your review.

• 1 month later...

I have to say I really shocked on reading this post and what is / isn't included with Ponant regarding the alcohol options.    We have Silversea, Seabourn and Regent and what Ponant offers for their "complimentary" alcohol is pathetic.   Not one Scotch is available unless you "buy up" ( I even called Ponant).   From what I am seeing, it feels like Ponant is nickel and dime you, yes it's our choice of what we want to drink, but come on, not even one Scotch that is complimentary.   I am already disappointed and I haven't even gotten on the ship. 

• 1 month later...

FWIW, the Premium Pass was barely mentioned on this cruise. Pricing is 25 EUR per person per day as others have stated.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2979297-on-board-le-lapérouse-—-tasmania-circumnavigation-—-december-14-december-23-2023/

Edited by AussieBoyTX

• Host Kat changed the title to All About The Premium Pass (Formerly The Pass Bar Premium Drinks Package)