Specialty Dining Packages Price

cruisekitty22

Unless you don't eat much then it is very likely better value to buy the package rather than pay a la carte.

As for whether it is worth paying that amount, that's really up to you. If you like the speciality dining then I'd sat it is likely worth it. I would do so, in fact I would probably buy a package with more meals.

My solution is mathematical:  look at the menus and pick the items you truly want to eat.  If the total price for this a la carte pricing is more than the package price, then yes.

And do it for all the places you want to eat.  It’s possible that you have some meals that could be best purchased a la carte - and use your package meals for more expensive ones.

In several of the restaurants, my choice of entree is $29-35.  Appetizers can be $15.  That, alone, makes up for the package price (if you would be happy paying $47 + tip for a meal.  That’s on the high end for where I normally eat.  Actually, I almost never pay that much for a meal.)

The second question is whether you want to eat two more times in specialty restaurants.  I’m happy just paying the tips on the 2 Free Dining meals.  Those should be well worth the ~$9 in tips.

Hope this helps.  

We received 2 specialty dining credits with our booking. However, when I look at the different in price between the 3 and the 5 night (which we would normally book) packages, the difference isn't that great. Thus the $79 savings is closer to $20 as a result.

As others have said, it really comes down to doing the math, but you really won't see much savings unless you buy multiple nights (there's not much savings with a 2-night package) or you are planning to dine in a la carte restaurants as opposed to flat-fee restaurants.