What is the best port to visit Granada (Malaga or Motril)?

We will be on Oceania cruise in 2022 and 2023 cruise which visit Spain. Our 2022 cruise stop in Malaga and 2023 cruise stop in Motril.  We want to visit Alhambra Palace in Granada.  Should we go to Granada from Malaga or Motril?  From what's I read it look like more things to see and do in Malaga. So, I think it might be better to spend time in Malaga and go to Granada from Motril.  But I want some suggestion for people who visited these ports.  

Not only does Malaga and its hinterland have more to offer, Motril is less than half the distance & travel time to the Alhambra.

The route to the Alhambra from Motril is very simple and most of it is scenic. And it avoids the sprawl of Granada.

The only other places that I can think of to go from Motril are the troglodyte town of Gaudix (which is about 45 minutes beyond Granada) or Nerja (on the coast road between Malaga and Motril, & only marginally closer to Motril.

If you type "Malaga" into the search box on this page (upper right) & change "everywhere" to "this forum" you will find hundreds of threads about Malaga - if you do that for Motril you'll find little or nothing.

JB 🙂