Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

As Princess has started cruising again, here is the perfect opportunity to discuss all the changes and the new enhancements to the Medallion program.  It's especially great since those who have used it can give us all invaluable information on how it worked for them 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

those who have used it can give us all invaluable information on how it worked for them 

totally agree - actual experiences

let the "old thread" be the place for the 'i believe' and used too's

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

totally agree - actual experiences

let the "old thread" be the place for the 'I believe' and used to's

The other thread may as well be locked.  DMW going forward is going to be both on-board experiences and issues with MC App.  That other thread had plenty of real-world experiences in booking dining pre-cruise.

Glad to see that a updated “live”thread was started on the new DMW. 

it will be interesting to see if Princess responds to the feedback they are getting.  Having a great, stress free dining experience is very important to most people.  As it stands now, it appears that Club Class is the way to go if you want to have the same waitstaff and not worry about booking your dinners in advance. Thanks in advance to all who post. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As Princess has started cruising again, here is the perfect opportunity to discuss all the changes and the new enchantments to the Medallion program.  It's especially great since those who have used it can give us all invaluable information on how it worked for them 

💖 Medallion "enchantments".

Much better than Medallion enhancements, since the enhance part doesn't seem to be working very well...yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, phonejock said:

it will be interesting to see if Princess responds to the feedback they are getting.  Having a great, stress free dining experience is very important to most people.  As it stands now, it appears that Club Class is the way to go if you want to have the same waitstaff and not worry about booking your dinners in advance. Thanks in advance to all who post. 

Only full suites and club class can use Club Class dining - so extremely limited

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Much better than Medallion enhancements, since the enhance part doesn't seem to be working very well...yet.

Love it! LOL   Guess my iphone decided to switch up a word on me. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, phonejock said:

Club Class is an expensive route available to approximately 2.3% of the passengers that are willing to pay for these cabins. Excellent convenient hassel free seating and service should be available to all who board regardless of their cabin selection and proficiency with technology. That is a top priority for a hospitality business. What is most talked about and mentioned on these boards? It's dining and the food. Fail in any part of this area and your business has failed.  Princess seems to have forgotten this basic concept. Wonder if they will be able to hold onto their staff as they have done in the past.   

Edited by skynight
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Club Class is an expensive route available to approximately 2.3% of the passengers that are willing to pay for these cabins. Excellent convenient hassel free seating and service should be available to all who board regardless of their cabin selection and proficiency with technology. 

Hear!  Hear!  Where is that wonderful Jan Swartz now?  Fixing things?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Club Class is an expensive route available to approximately 2.3% of the passengers that are willing to pay for these cabins. Excellent convenient hassel free seating and service should be available to all who board regardless of their cabin selection and proficiency with technology. That is a top priority for a hospitality business. What is most talked about and mentioned on these boards? It's dining and the food. Fail in any part of this area and your business has failed.  Princess seems to have forgotten this basic concept. Wonder if they will be able to hold onto their staff as they have done in the past.   

Very good point and well said.  I can't believe people would pay $500 approximately a day for Club Class.  We had it with a suite included.  It is not worth that.  You could go to the specialty restaurant for dinner every night and get an ultimate atmosphere and meal for $60 a day.  I know they have breakfast and lunch, but still.  I wonder if people realize how much more it is or if they have done the math.  However, that said, Princess is getting it so why not.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HleeCruiser said:

I want to make a reservation and pay for it for a specialty restaurant for a friend.  I used to be able to do this at princess.com in the personalizer but that option is no longer available.  Does anyone know how this can be done so I can use my cc to pay for the dinner?  Thanks

I believe you go into the area which  you can give a gift, it is where all the wine, etc. is. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, phonejock said:

But you don't get the same waiter.  If they aren't busy you can request, but if their tables are taken you have to have a different waiter.  

• Like 1

Well…..my husband and I happen to love Club Class and it’s NOT $500.00 per day it’s about $60-70 per day.  Some people also  think expensive wines should not be on the menu because they don’t drink them.  

Come on people…..stop the complaining and enjoy your time cruising again and allow people to choose what they want and are willing/able to purchase.

• Like 36

40 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Come on people…..stop the complaining and enjoy your time cruising again and allow people to choose what they want and are willing/able to purchase.

I don't think anyone begrudges you your club class dining, but the complaints here seem to be that traditional dining is dead for the rest of us.  I don't know why Princess retained all the benefits for club class while doing away with fixed dining/same staff for everyone else.  Just more missteps in this rocky restart.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

I don't think anyone begrudges you your club class dining, but the complaints here seem to be that traditional dining is dead for the rest of us.  I don't know why Princess retained all the benefits for club class while doing away with fixed dining/same staff for everyone else.  Just more missteps in this rocky restart.

Club class was never traditional dining. It is anytime dining with a immediate seating.  I have seen them push out the area to accommodate diners. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Well…..my husband and I happen to love Club Class and it’s NOT $500.00 per day it’s about $60-70 per day.  Some people also  think expensive wines should not be on the menu because they don’t drink them.  

If you enjoy club class mini suites or full suites you should book them. That wasn't the point. The point is that all guests should receive excellent hassle free dining service regardless of their cabin category or ability to use technology. Dining & food is one of the top items discussed on these boards. Look at how many posts contain photos of food. Fail in any part of this area, food, service, frustration and timing to select your dining option(s), your business receives low marks and potential customers will look elsewhere.  Princess is in the hospitality business. A large and probably the most important part of this business is dining and food. Princess seems to have forgotten this important point when trying to automate dining. People are frustrated in these early cruises, but remain patient. If they don't get it together their customers will lose there patience, look elsewhere and Princess' business will suffer.   

• Like 8

Just back from the Regal and our first experience of DMW ... we booked all our reservations on the App before we went ... but it became apparent on our first trip to the MDR that that didnt make any difference what so ever - it was the same as all our visits on previous cruises under Any Time dining (or whatever they called it!)  We turned up, they asked up for our cabin number and what size table we wanted, and away we went.  The longest we waited was about 5 mins - booking on the App had no baring what so ever - which was no issue for us, but why bother creating an App!

A couple of times Club class passengers were shown to a table before us in their section - but from what we could see it was just to an empty table, and not a designated one - all they got was priority seating, in the same dining room.

When we have done Club on Cunard we did get our own dining room and it was nice to have the same wait staff ... but we generally find the staff in the MDR on Princess to be friendly and efficient so its not an issue if we have a different team.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, castlebello said:

Just back from the Regal and our first experience of DMW ... we booked all our reservations on the App before we went ... but it became apparent on our first trip to the MDR that that didnt make any difference what so ever - it was the same as all our visits on previous cruises under Any Time dining (or whatever they called it!)  We turned up, they asked up for our cabin number and what size table we wanted, and away we went.  The longest we waited was about 5 mins - booking on the App had no baring what so ever - which was no issue for us, but why bother creating an App!

A couple of times Club class passengers were shown to a table before us in their section - but from what we could see it was just to an empty table, and not a designated one - all they got was priority seating, in the same dining room.

When we have done Club on Cunard we did get our own dining room and it was nice to have the same wait staff ... but we generally find the staff in the MDR on Princess to be friendly and efficient so its not an issue if we have a different team.

Did you eat at the same time every night and if so when?

On 8/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Awwww.  I thought that your original post was spot on; as those of us who know you know how enchanting of a host you are.  🧡  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, castlebello said:

Of course on Cunard, it's all traditional dining and all tables are assigned with the same wait staff in all categories, including the standard Britannia MDR. (The difference being assigned times and seatings in Britannia class vs open, anytime seating at your table for Club and Grills.)

We will be on our first Club Class cruise on the Grand in October and I had hoped that it had been like on Cunard, that our table and staff were waiting for us whenever we cared to dine. Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll have a wonderful experience.

• Like 1