Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

17 hours ago, castlebello said:

Just back from the Regal and our first experience of DMW ... we booked all our reservations on the App before we went ... but it became apparent on our first trip to the MDR that that didnt make any difference what so ever - it was the same as all our visits on previous cruises under Any Time dining (or whatever they called it!)  We turned up, they asked up for our cabin number and what size table we wanted, and away we went.  The longest we waited was about 5 mins - booking on the App had no baring what so ever - which was no issue for us, but why bother creating an App!

A couple of times Club class passengers were shown to a table before us in their section - but from what we could see it was just to an empty table, and not a designated one - all they got was priority seating, in the same dining room.

When we have done Club on Cunard we did get our own dining room and it was nice to have the same wait staff ... but we generally find the staff in the MDR on Princess to be friendly and efficient so its not an issue if we have a different team.

Thank you for the update, did you have to wait longer for a table for 2?
Also, how did you find the food, was it hot and tasty, good menu choices? 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, castlebello said:

Just back from the Regal and our first experience of DMW ... we booked all our reservations on the App before we went ... but it became apparent on our first trip to the MDR that that didnt make any difference what so ever - it was the same as all our visits on previous cruises under Any Time dining (or whatever they called it!)  We turned up, they asked up for our cabin number and what size table we wanted, and away we went.  The longest we waited was about 5 mins - booking on the App had no baring what so ever - which was no issue for us, but why bother creating an App!

A couple of times Club class passengers were shown to a table before us in their section - but from what we could see it was just to an empty table, and not a designated one - all they got was priority seating, in the same dining room.

When we have done Club on Cunard we did get our own dining room and it was nice to have the same wait staff ... but we generally find the staff in the MDR on Princess to be friendly and efficient so its not an issue if we have a different team.

Unbelievable, 22 posts and this one is the first that actually addressed the topic. Mahalo for your update, now if everyone else would follow the topic and not dump junk in it.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

We are booked on the Regal T/A on Nov 3 out of Southampton. We have linked 4 booking numbers into our group, and reserved a table for 7 for the same time every night of the cruise. We are now thinking about dropping some of those nights (ie late return from shore excursions) and some of us are planning to do specialty dinning a night or two.

Our question, which I suspect current posters are not yet able to answer:

If I, the original 'booking agent' (for want of a better term) for our group, make a reservation at a specialty restaurant for my spouse and I (which requires that we cancel our original reservation) does it impact (ie delete) the reservation for the rest of our group?

42 minutes ago, CruisinGrandpa said:

We are booked on the Regal T/A on Nov 3 out of Southampton. We have linked 4 booking numbers into our group, and reserved a table for 7 for the same time every night of the cruise. We are now thinking about dropping some of those nights (ie late return from shore excursions) and some of us are planning to do specialty dinning a night or two.

Our question, which I suspect current posters are not yet able to answer:

If I, the original 'booking agent' (for want of a better term) for our group, make a reservation at a specialty restaurant for my spouse and I (which requires that we cancel our original reservation) does it impact (ie delete) the reservation for the rest of our group?

Great question.  I think the best answer is for you to book the Specialty and then contact someone else in your group to go into DMW and see if they still have a res for that evening.  

ETA:  If the others lose their res, then it is a bug and you should report to the OCEAN team.  

BTW, you do not need to "drop" nights you expect to be returning late to the ship.  Simply do a 1-night override and book a different time for those single nights.  It's like switching to Anytime for those exception cases.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Great question.  I think the best answer is for you to book the Specialty and then contact someone else in your group to go into DMW and see if they still have a res for that evening.  

ETA:  If the others lose their res, then it is a bug and you should report to the OCEAN team.  

BTW, you do not need to "drop" nights you expect to be returning late to the ship.  Simply do a 1-night override and book a different time for those single nights.  It's like switching to Anytime for those exception cases.

Thanks for the ideas -  having others in our party check to verify that the reservation does show in their DMW app as it currently stands. Not sure any others have done so at this point. Once we know that is working ok then might just experiment.

On 8/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, Crown Cruiser said:

Well…..my husband and I happen to love Club Class and it’s NOT $500.00 per day it’s about $60-70 per day.  Some people also  think expensive wines should not be on the menu because they don’t drink them.  

Come on people…..stop the complaining and enjoy your time cruising again and allow people to choose what they want and are willing/able to purchase.

We are the same way and always book Club Class….could care less what it costs…. It is what we prefer……

• Like 3

Apparently, there was some misunderstandings around TD on the first Majestic voyages (includes Regal I believe) and this has been clarified with the ships.  So, those who booked same time for full voyage length should be at same table with same waiters going forward.  

No updates on selection of table size.  Still an outstanding issue.  It's a minor update, but some new info I received from Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Apparently, there was some misunderstandings around TD on the first Majestic voyages (includes Regal I believe) and this has been clarified with the ships.  So, those who booked same time for full voyage length should be at same table with same waiters going forward.  

Thanks for that.  I want my TD with my same servers because I can walk in and be seated right away.  They pay special attention to detail.  And of course, they treat me like royalty!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, debsjc said:

Is it possible to book Alfredo's on the app? I can't find it at all - thanks

It was always just first come first serve in the old days.  No reservations.  I don't know if that has changed now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Is it possible to book Alfredo's on the app? I can't find it at all - thanks

22 minutes ago, Kay S said:

It was always just first come first serve in the old days.  No reservations.  I don't know if that has changed now.

No res for Alfredo's.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dtb55 said:

I haven’t been able to use Dine My Way for my upcoming cruise.  I keep getting an error message.  I’ve been contacting Princess for a month to no avail.  It’s really frustrating.

We had some issues a while back and decided to just delete the app, then reload it.

That fixed the connection and selection issues, and we did NOT lose any of the info that we had previously loaded.

• Like 1

Our cruise isn't until Sept. 2022, but I still want to be able to get the Traditional dining time we requested when we booked the cruise (pre-Dine My Way). I can't get the Medallion app to work so have no idea whether or not we will ever be able to get back the time we had booked before Princess screwed everything up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtb55 said:

I haven’t been able to use Dine My Way for my upcoming cruise.  I keep getting an error message.  I’ve been contacting Princess for a month to no avail.  It’s really frustrating.

Contacting Princess won't help you with your problem. Try contacting the dev team directly. Be detailed but nice. They fixed a bunch of issues for me.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 9:56 PM, MarkBearSF said:

We will be on our first Club Class cruise on the Grand in October and I had hoped that it had been like on Cunard, that our table and staff were waiting for us whenever we cared to dine. Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll have a wonderful experience.

I'm sure you will!  On other Princess ships we have seen their own Club class area which looked more dedicated ... maybe it was just the current situation which made Club on the Regal seem less 'special' ... but no doubt they still had a good time ..

On 8/13/2021 at 9:32 AM, debsjc said:

Thank you for the update, did you have to wait longer for a table for 2?
Also, how did you find the food, was it hot and tasty, good menu choices? 

We never waited long - we were only on for 4 nights but as I recall 2 of them we were sat almost straight away, one was a couple of mins longer wait and one about 5 mins ...

We always find the food good on Princess ... there was a good choice ... I dont think it was much reduced and we always found something ...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Contacting Princess won't help you with your problem. Try contacting the dev team directly. Be detailed but nice. They fixed a bunch of issues for me.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Thanks.  I’ll try that.

15 hours ago, CruisinGrandpa said:

We had some issues a while back and decided to just delete the app, then reload it.

That fixed the connection and selection issues, and we did NOT lose any of the info that we had previously loaded.

Thanks.  Unfortunately I’ve done that many times and it still hasn’t worked.

Can anyone tell me the current prices of dining in the specialty restaurants?  We plan to book a TA on Sky next fall.  Would like to know prices for Chef's Table, Bistro Sur La Mer, Sabatini's, Crown Grill and Wine Cellar.  Have eaten at Crown Grill and Sabatini's on previous cruises but haven't tried the others.  Would appreciate feedback on them if anyone has tried them

On 8/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, Steelers36 said:

No updates on selection of table size.  Still an outstanding issue.  It's a minor update, but some new info I received from Princess.

Sadly not on the current voyage for the of us. I have to have staff look up the others at the door to see where they are

I have never met a bad server. I have met a server stressed with new protocols, one who's overtaxed with the workload, but never a bad one. I don't have anywhere that I absolutely have to be in the next 10 minutes

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:44 PM, 2 cruises a year said:

And Expensive!!

The Class Structure coming back.

Help me understand where paying more doesn't get the person more. Hotels have upgraded rooms, sporting events box seats, musical events balconies, clubs bottle service, airplanes business & 1st class. 

Cruising is still a less expensive way to travel IMHO (I'd pay the same on a hotel room. Then add in food, entertainment,  ... )

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, bardstowntraveller said:

Can anyone tell me the current prices of dining in the specialty restaurants?  We plan to book a TA on Sky next fall.  Would like to know prices for Chef's Table, Bistro Sur La Mer, Sabatini's, Crown Grill and Wine Cellar.  Have eaten at Crown Grill and Sabatini's on previous cruises but haven't tried the others.  Would appreciate feedback on them if anyone has tried them

This pdf will provide you with  prices. We enjoyed Sabatini's Trattoria and the Crown Grill. Have not tried the others you mention.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1