Jammy Bun

So Saga experts... it struck me that (all being well)  OH and I  will celebrate our Golden Wedding in February 2023.  I hear so much about 'book early' (which I absolutely hate doing btw) so I'm wondering how you get to be early bird bookers - do I have to register my interest somewhere, order a brochure, sign up for email news, etc?   

Look forward to hearing all your hints and tips! 

JB

• Like 1

We have paid £90pp to pre register for 2023 cruises.

Those that have pre registered will receive an email brochure and a phone call  in registration order to book their cruise.

If you can’t find anything you want to do you will be refunded your £90. 

Hopefully Spring 2023 itineraries will be released September/ October time.

26 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

We have paid £90pp to pre register for 2023 cruises.

Those that have pre registered will receive an email brochure and a phone call  in registration order to book their cruise.

If you can’t find anything you want to do you will be refunded your £90. 

Hopefully Spring 2023 itineraries will be released September/ October time.

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to know!  How do you pre register - do I have to ring them?  (I have googled but not found a definitive answer!)

JB

Edited by Jammy Bun

25 minutes ago, Jammy Bun said:

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to know!  How do you pre register - do I have to ring them?  (I have googled but not found a definitive answer!)

JB

Yes ring them. Try ringing their booking line. If, when you come to book, you have a previous Saga cruiser who has recommended you, you both get a further £100 pp off, as do they.

You don't have to be travelling on the same cruise. 🙂

Unfortunately it seems as phone callers are experiencing quite long wait times.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi.  Has anyone heard when 2023 cruises might be available?  Looking to book a cruise to celebrate our silver wedding.   We have preregistered but probably a lot later than many people.  So was wondering if anyone has received a call yet for 2023.

14 hours ago, Medeba said:

Hi.  Has anyone heard when 2023 cruises might be available?  Looking to book a cruise to celebrate our silver wedding.   We have preregistered but probably a lot later than many people.  So was wondering if anyone has received a call yet for 2023.

We pre-registered in March 2020, which seems a long time ago!  We were asked if we were interested in Cruises departing January to March, or April to December 2023.  We opted for the latter.  I contacted Saga a couple of weeks ago and was advised that staff haven’t yet been told when these cruises will be on sale, but likely to be after Christmas.  It seems very late compared to other cruise lines - I hope it’s worth the wait!

1 hour ago, LandC said:

We pre-registered in March 2020, which seems a long time ago!  We were asked if we were interested in Cruises departing January to March, or April to December 2023.  We opted for the latter.  I contacted Saga a couple of weeks ago and was advised that staff haven’t yet been told when these cruises will be on sale, but likely to be after Christmas.  It seems very late compared to other cruise lines - I hope it’s worth the wait!

I'm impressed with when you pre-registered for 2023.  Looks like I'm going to be well down the pecking order for a phone call!  Thanks for the info.  I too hope it's well worth the wait.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

End of December.

Hope it's not end of December-we're on Discovery Christmas cruise until January 2022..Maybe someone on the ship will tell us about 2023 cruises..? 

17 hours ago, bjenk said:

Hope it's not end of December-we're on Discovery Christmas cruise until January 2022..Maybe someone on the ship will tell us about 2023 cruises..? 

Ask the Future cruise sales person when on board. They have a desk in Saga World near the South Cape Bar on Deck 6.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing yet. We’re departing on a Canaries cruise on SofA on 5th January (fingers crossed), so will ask the Future Sales person on board.  We have pre-registered for cruises April to December 2023; I hope we don’t have to wait until April 2022 in order to book!

I’ve just asked the Future Cruise Sales person on board SofA.  2023 itineraries are still being finalised, and she doesn’t know when people who have pre-registered will be contacted.  I got the impression she has been asked this question before!  I wonder if Saga are trying to sell more 2022 itineraries before they advertise 2023?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve got a couple of 2023 itineraries in our sights with other cruise lines, but want to see what Saga has to offer before booking.  Hopefully  we’ll be contacted within the next couple of weeks.  Will post here if we get a call.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ann141 said:

I spoke to someone today at Saga about something else but enquired about the 2023 release date as well.I was told early March as they are still finalising some itineraries

I was told the same.

• Like 1

A post in a Saga social media group reports that the new brochure is now due at the END of March. This is barely a week after I was told the beginning. I wish that they would get a move on. Whilst I am predisposed to book both ocean and river cruises with Saga, I have other irons in the fire and cannot wait forever. Some lines are already taking bookings for 2024!

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Denarius said:

A post in a Saga social media group reports that the new brochure is now due at the END of March. This is barely a week after I was told the beginning. I wish that they would get a move on. Whilst I am predisposed to book both ocean and river cruises with Saga, I have other irons in the fire and cannot wait forever. Some lines are already taking bookings for 2024!

The recent Britannia Club News says of the launch of the 2023 itineraries "this will be by the end of March".

2 hours ago, david05 said:

The recent Britannia Club News says of the launch of the 2023 itineraries "this will be by the end of March".

I hope so. I will be on SoA at the end of March and was hoping to book some cruises for 2023 before I go.

Edited by Denarius