Best airport hotel at heathrow

htkodiak

2 hours ago, htkodiak said:

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel  for an overnight stay before our cruise.We are not really interested in going into London because of transportation/hotel cost.Thank you for any info

If that is the case, why not go to your port of embarkation and stay there overnight?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

If that is the case, why not go to your port of embarkation and stay there overnight?

Unless they’re arriving in the evening, I’d second that. Also more likely to get int a room on arrival in Southampton, for instance, just allowing for travel time. 

I'd also agree that, if arrival time suits, travelling to the port makes sense. In my experience, most arrivals from America are early morning so, unless you're absolutely wrecked by the lack of sleep, taking some time to get to, say, Southampton, that day makes sense to me.

As for the actual question, I've stayed at the Sofitel at Terminal 5. Very convenient, as it is literally just off the main concourse. It may not tick the box for "reasonably priced" though. My only other experience of sleeping near the airport was one day when I got snowed in. I cannot recall which hotel I stayed in (it was very much Hobson's Choice) but all the usual chains have hotels around the airport and many are served by the airport shuttle bus - https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/by-coach-or-bus/hotel-buses

I see the shuttle bus map lists several Premier Inn hotels. This is our largest national hotel chain and is always my first choice when travelling round the country. Always reasonable quality and pricing and always (?) with on site restaurant for breakfast & dinner. I've stayed in three locations in the last month while I've needed overnighters from home and, as usual, have found them absolutely fine.

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1

I had planned for May 2022 to arrive at 9pm at LHR (terminal 2) and stay at Hilton Garden Inn Terminal 2 & 3. This hotel is attached to the airport.  I booked a Honour Price with breakfast with no payment.

I changed my flight to arrive in the morning at LHR (terminal 5).  I plan on walking to National Express Coach’s stop at terminal 5 and take the Coach to Southampton Coach station.

I have Premier Inn West Quay booked in Southampton, a short taxi ride from National Express Coach station.

I had checked out Sofitel hotel (sign up for discount rate www.all.accor.com) attached to terminal 5, they were more expensive than Hilton Garden terminal 2 & 3.

If you decide to stay near LHR and travel to Southampton on cruise day - check out www.internationalfriends.co.uk.  (cheaper on www.londontoolkit.com).  They only go on embarkment/disembarkment days from/to LHR, LHR hotels and certain London hotels to/from Southampton docks.  On the way to Southampton they stop at Stonehenge and from Southampton stop at Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor or other tours.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

When it is time for booking your flights check out the cruise line’s air prices/flights.  

Princess EzAir has Flexible air flight no payment until final payment, can modify/cancel up to 45 days of cruise or Restricted pay at time of booking, $ penalty to cancel/modify.

• Like 1

Our plan last summer for our cruise out of Southampton was to stay at the Sofitel since it was at the same gate as British Airways which was our flight. We intended to drop off our luggage and then go to London to spend the day. The next day we were going to take a Princess transfer to the ship in Southampton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Our plan last summer for our cruise out of Southampton was to stay at the Sofitel since it was at the same gate as British Airways which was our flight. We intended to drop off our luggage and then go to London to spend the day. The next day we were going to take a Princess transfer to the ship in Southampton.

I do note that the OP specifically said they were not interested in going into London.

3 hours ago, turnip eater said:

Same gate? Do you mean same terminal, 5, as BA? It’s a 5-15 min walk, depending on your speed, to the Sofitel.🤔

Yes, I meant terminal. Thank you.

And a 5-15 minute walk is really no big deal.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

I do note that the OP specifically said they were not interested in going into London.

I realize that. I was just giving another alternative for those flying to Heathrow and cruising from Southampton.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:44 PM, phabric said:

I have Premier Inn West Quay booked in Southampton

Be aware that, nationally, Premier Inn are currently not accepting check-ins until 4pm. I've already had to rearrange my schedule for a forthcoming overnight stay at one, so as to prevent simply having to hang about.

9 hours ago, Harters said:

Be aware that, nationally, Premier Inn are currently not accepting check-ins until 4pm. I've already had to rearrange my schedule for a forthcoming overnight stay at one, so as to prevent simply having to hang about.

My cruise is not until May 2022 hopefully things will have changed by then?  We will leave our luggage and go have something to eat.

On 8/15/2021 at 4:08 AM, phabric said:

We will leave our luggage and go have something to eat.

At the moment you cannot leave your luggage at PI, so you will have to keep it with you. 

Obviously this may have changed by the time you visit.

• 1 month later...

I would also opt for taking the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton and stay there.  We have stayed at Holiday Inn, Premier Inn and Novotel and found them all fine.  We like the proximity of the shopping centre for last minute things and to eat at Wagamama.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I would also opt for taking the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton and stay there.  We have stayed at Holiday Inn, Premier Inn and Novotel and found them all fine.  We like the proximity of the shopping centre for last minute things and to eat at Wagamama.

Do the National Express  buses travel all day from LHR  ?

23 minutes ago, htkodiak said:

Do the National Express  buses travel all day from LHR  ?

Here is the link. https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

There don't seem to be a lot of later trips, but they exist. I don't know what your date is, or what time you will arrive, so I can't give you more than that. (Note that this schedule may be reduced due to Covid.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Here is the link. https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

There don't seem to be a lot of later trips, but they exist. I don't know what your date is, or what time you will arrive, so I can't give you more than that. (Note that this schedule may be reduced due to Covid.)

It's actually a year away , so who knows what will happen.Some of the earlier posts had talked about Southampton but I believe Carnival uses the port in Dover.After looking at the price difference between the Carnival transfer and the National Express I think we will go with the later.

Is it possible that Carnival has cruises from both Southampton and Dover? I know in the past we had a Princess British Isles cruise, and it was out of Dover. In the summer of 2020 we were supposed to do a Princess Norwegian Fjords cruise, and it was out of Southampton.

I have taken National Express 2x from Heathrow to Dover.  You need to transfer coaches at National Express London Victoria Coach Station.  The coach does not go to the dock ,it stops at the Ferry Terminal.

1st time -We were on a Princess cruise. The coach had passengers for another cruise line.  The driver was nice to ask if anyone would be interested in be dropped off at the dock, which they did. John Bull from the Port of Call - Britain,  mentioned to ask if possible if he could drop off at dock, as sometimes they do and to give him $ as it is not their normal stop..  I asked if he could drop off us at our hotel Premier Inn Ferry Terminal.  He said he could drop of us off as close as possible.

2nd time - Took National Express Heathrow - London Victoria - Dover.  We took to Dover Ferry Terminal and took a short taxi ride to our hoterl Premier Inn Ferry Terminal.  The next day, a short taxi to the dock.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, phabric said:

I have taken National Express 2x from Heathrow to Dover.  You need to transfer coaches at National Express London Victoria Coach Station.  The coach does not go to the dock ,it stops at the Ferry Terminal.

1st time -We were on a Princess cruise. The coach had passengers for another cruise line.  The driver was nice to ask if anyone would be interested in be dropped off at the dock, which they did. John Bull from the Port of Call - Britain,  mentioned to ask if possible if he could drop off at dock, as sometimes they do and to give him $ as it is not their normal stop..  I asked if he could drop off us at our hotel Premier Inn Ferry Terminal.  He said he could drop of us off as close as possible.

2nd time - Took National Express Heathrow - London Victoria - Dover.  We took to Dover Ferry Terminal and took a short taxi ride to our hoterl Premier Inn Ferry Terminal.  The next day, a short taxi to the dock.

When we cruised from Dover, we did ask based on information from these boards if we could be dropped off by the docks. The answer was no. So, sometimes they say yes, and others times you are not so lucky.