Best airport hotel at heathrow

htkodiak

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

When we cruised from Dover, we did ask based on information from these boards if we could be dropped off by the docks. The answer was no. So, sometimes they say yes, and others times you are not so lucky.

I think it all depends of the driver if he is willing to go to the docks and how many cruisers are on the coach.   I had many Disney's cruisers and he said he was finished for the day.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I think it all depends of the driver if he is willing to go to the docks and how many cruisers are on the coach.   I had many Disney's cruisers and he said he was finished for the day.

I am guessing it depends on what bus driver you end up having.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Terminal 2 Heathrow last month before our return flight to the U.S.  The hotel is a four minute walk to Terminal 2 through a covered walkway.  This Hilton Garden Inn is definitely a level above the U.S. standard, with excellent amenities, including a rooftop bar with great views of Heathrow operations and the London skyline.  You can use the airport luggage carts to walk to the hotel, and there are carts downstairs to use for going to the airport.  Food, service and cleanliness/Covid precautions were all outstanding.  We plan to use this hotel in the future for LHR layovers.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 10/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Cortesefam said:

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Terminal 2 Heathrow last month before our return flight to the U.S.  The hotel is a four minute walk to Terminal 2 through a covered walkway.  This Hilton Garden Inn is definitely a level above the U.S. standard, with excellent amenities, including a rooftop bar with great views of Heathrow operations and the London skyline.  You can use the airport luggage carts to walk to the hotel, and there are carts downstairs to use for going to the airport.  Food, service and cleanliness/Covid precautions were all outstanding.  We plan to use this hotel in the future for LHR layovers.

What about a hotel close to terminal 3 for a really close walk?  That is not real expensive?  Any suggestions?

TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

What about a hotel close to terminal 3 for a really close walk?  That is not real expensive?

I hope you can see the tension inherent in your question 😂 I admire the spirit, but of course what you think of as “not real expensive” may not coincide with what hotels can sell on-airport rooms for at Heathrow….

For walking to T3 you have two options - the Hilton Garden Inn at T2 mentioned above (depending if the 10 minute walk from T2 to T3 counts as “really close”) or the Aerotel attached to T3 itself. That’s it, all other Heathrow area hotels will require transportation to T3. 

The Aerotel offers hourly booking, so make sure you enter the correct times when comparing prices. 

London Toolkit do a great job of describing the hotel situation at Heathrow: https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

6 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

I hope you can see the tension inherent in your question 😂 I admire the spirit, but of course what you think of as “not real expensive” may not coincide with what hotels can sell on-airport rooms for at Heathrow….

For walking to T3 you have two options - the Hilton Garden Inn at T2 mentioned above (depending if the 10 minute walk from T2 to T3 counts as “really close”) or the Aerotel attached to T3 itself. That’s it, all other Heathrow area hotels will require transportation to T3. 

The Aerotel offers hourly booking, so make sure you enter the correct times when comparing prices. 

London Toolkit do a great job of describing the hotel situation at Heathrow: https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

Thank you.  You are kind. Cheers