Updated US travel requirements as of Aug 12

Jeremiah1212

The website has been updated with a few new pieces of info:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Mainly this one concerning the USVI's:

For Sailings from Florida

Guests 12 years and older who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing.

The governments of Antigua, Dominica and the US Virgin Islands, have now advised all passengers ages 12 and older, traveling aboard a cruise ship, must be fully vaccinated in order for the ship to be allowed entry into St. Johns, Roseau, St. Thomas, St. Croix, or St. John. To comply with this requirement, guests ages 12 and older must provide documentation of full vaccination at the terminal as a condition for boarding.

Another step to bypass the FL vaccination issues. If you want the 'most' vaccinated cruise in the short term, I would suggest booking an itinerary with any of these stops. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So it will be interesting to see if everyone 12 and older will be vaccinated on the Edge cruise embarking tomorrow, Aug 14th, as it will be going to St Thomas. Hopefully, Celebrity has told those unvaccinated folks 12+ years and older that they will be rejected at the terminal if they don't have proof of being vaccinated.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The governments of Antigua, Dominica and the US Virgin Islands, have now advised all passengers ages 12 and older, traveling aboard a cruise ship

I believe that many more Caribbean ports will be adopting the same requirements in the next week or so. A friend in Aruba has told me that Aruba may go this same route or at least not let anyone off a cruise ship that is unvaccinated by the end of this month.

Edited by terrydtx

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I believe that many more Caribbean ports will be adopting this same requirements in the next week or so. A friend in Aruba has told me that Aruba may go this same route or at least not let anyone off a cruise ship that is unvaccinated by the end of this month..

I'm just surprised that this hasn't already happened. IMO, proof of vaccination will soon be a requirement for all cruise ports, Caribbean or otherwise.

14 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I believe that many more Caribbean ports will be adopting this same requirements in the next week or so. A friend in Aruba has told me that Aruba may go this same route or at least not let anyone off a cruise ship that is unvaccinated by the end of this month..

Agreed. The governor of the USVI’s pushed hard again FL’s law. It took a while but they finally reached an approach that all parties were content with apparently. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So it will be interesting to see if everyone 12 and older will be vaccinated on the Edge cruise embarking tomorrow, Aug 14th, as it will be going to St Thomas. Hopefully, Celebrity has told those unvaccinated folks 12+ years and older that they will be rejected at the terminal if they don't have proof of being vaccinated.

Apparently there are 5-6 unvaccinated adults on this weeks cruise. Technically “3 cabins” is what I gathered from another TA.  It’s a small enough number they would easily be able to contact them and offer a different itinerary. The news may be disappointing to a few people but they will be offered alternatives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1