Club Class Dining

dave_k58

Usually it’s a special appetizer like shrimp scampi or a yummy pasta made at table. At breakfast it could be crepes. But more than the menu additions it is the superior service, the space between the tables and the fact that you can be seated at any time the dining room is open with little to no wait .

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Usually it’s a special appetizer like shrimp scampi or a yummy pasta made at table. At breakfast it could be crepes. But more than the menu additions it is the superior service, the space between the tables and the fact that you can be seated at any time the dining room is open with little to no wait .

Thank you

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

PS- does this mean we don't have to make a reservation on the medallion?

Yes. Do not have to make a reservation if you are in Club Class. Just show up. There will be a sign, a hostess (usually) and a red rope near its own entrance. No lines. . I think the hours were 5-9 the last time we went( February 2020). There is one sentence somewhere on the app that says this, but it is not obvious. If you are in a suite on Royal class ships there is a concierge to make any specialty dining for you but other than that, the club class mini gets the same perks in CC dining room ( which is just a nice area of the main dining near windows with upgraded napkins and table cloths). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Yes. Do not have to make a reservation if you are in Club Class. Just show up. There will be a sign, a hostess (usually) and a red rope near its own entrance. No lines. . I think the hours were 5-9 the last time we went( February 2020). There is one sentence somewhere on the app that says this, but it is not obvious. If you are in a suite on Royal class ships there is a concierge to make any specialty dining for you but other than that, the club class mini gets the same perks in CC dining room ( which is just a nice area of the main dining near windows with upgraded napkins and table cloths). 

Thank you

2 hours ago, DiRonT said:

Can someone confirm which dining room is being used for Club Class on the Majestic?  Is it the Concerto Dining Room?

2 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

All I know is that on the Sky it is the Estrella. Sorry

It's the Deck 6 mid-ship on all the larger ships.  For Coral and Island, I am not quite sure, but I think it would be the Deck 5 (only two DR's on those ships).

On the Majestic Club Class dining is in the Concerto Dining Room, deck 6, port side.  On the 8/1 cruise the only extra offerings we were aware of were an additional entrée at dinner.  Hopefully they will bring back the pasta. 

11 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

What are the "extra menu items" on the Mini-Suite Club MDR menu?  We have never sailed Club Class before.  Thanks

As to food, it really isn't anything special. Perhaps a pasta dish or something along that line. We never saw Shrimp Scampi, but that was on the Star in 2020. The main reasons we choose CC are: Priority embarkation & disembarkation/ larger cabin/nicer amenities/ no waiting or little waiting for table in diningroom. Just the overall better attention to detail you get on board & in the dining room.

I looked back at my notes from our one cruise in a suite. Some of the specials offered in Club Class were snails on toast points, peach melba, Caesar salad with shrimp, pasta with a tomato and garlic sauce with shrimp and olives, grilled shrimp, crepes suzette, pasta with shrimp, lobster thermidor, and cherries jubilee. We ate our breakfasts in Sabatini's, so I did not notice what the Club Class ones at breakfast were.

11 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Club class is wonderful. One less thing to stress over. Great to not be worried that you might be late for dinner because you came back from an excursion and want to shower. If you get there at six or six thirty or seven you don’t have to be under pressure.

I’m thinking of doing this for my 60th in 2023.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Where do you see Club Class as an option ? We have two Saved cruises Ruby Oct 31 2021 and Majestic Feb 24 2022. I do test bookings and do not see an option for Club Class.

You have to choose mini suite option first,  then your fare type, then you should see the club class option if you scroll down,  unless sold out.

22 minutes ago, donswife said:

Choose mini suites. Then pick your fare option.  Then regular or club class mini should be available. 

Got it, thanks - shows on second saved cruise, must be sold out on first.so regular Aft Balcony is $2,748 for two an CC Mini Mid Ship would be $3,898 - seems like a lot just to be seated quickly.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Got it, thanks - shows on second saved cruise, must be sold out on first.so regular Aft Balcony is $2,748 for two an CC Mini Mid Ship would be $3,898 - seems like a lot just to be seated quickly.

It's also not a balcony but a mini suite so it's a different category too. The price difference between a mini and club mini would be a fairer way to gauge the price difference. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Mini suites are also larger with a sofa sleeper. Not to be confused with a full suite. Club class dining gives you immediate seating in your own section.  Dedicated wait staff and extra items such as surf and turf, pasta dishes etc. usually 1special each dinner

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's also not a balcony but a mini suite so it's a different category too. The price difference between a mini and club mini would be a fairer way to gauge the price difference. 

True.  We book a mini suite when we take the grandkids, but not the more expensive club class version.  Since the CC dining room is just an exposed corner of the regular dining room, I never saw the advantage of "special dining."  Besides, teenagers (mine anyway) just want to get dinner over with so they can go back up to kids' club.