COVID tests at Athens airport - locations

marazul

We are sitting at ATH right now waiting for our flight to the islands.  We looked for the COVID test sites.

Rapid tests are given on the Arrivals level (ground floor). Turn right when you exit customs and it is a few steps down the concourse. 

PCR tests are given on the Departures level (first floor) at the far end of the terminal in front of the Aegean Air check-in desks.  If you are facing the street, turn right and walk all the way to the end of the concourse.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any info about other places that one can get a PCR test in Athens?  My mother arrives on Wednesday and departs on the Ovation on Saturday.  They are planning to get tested at the airport upon arrival but we are thinking they should get an additional test or two in case the airport one doesn't come back in time to board the ship on Saturday.

Would appreciate any guidance.  

2 hours ago, marazul said:

My understanding is that it is the same one or two  labs that do the tests whether at the airport or elsewhere. They guarantee you will get an email with the results the next day.  So, 🤞

That's good to hear.  I was going to ask if the tests at the airport were PCR tests, but I see in your initial post that they are.  Thanks very much for the info!  

Edited by lesliek