Passenger Posting from Eurodam

Ottawa traveller

@trident, who is currently on Eurodam, has posted this on our roll call for October:

"We are currently on the Eurodam. Just finished the first 7 days of our two back to back cruises.  Things are going very smoothly so far.  No reports of illness and everyone is pretty compliant about wearing the masks.  We have been tested twice so far, before boarding and before coming back to Athens.  The process is being handled very well and quickly.  Service onboard is excellent and the food is just as good.  There were only 800 passengers last week and the same this week, so service is stellar.

see you all in October."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

@trident, who is currently on Eurodam, has posted this on our roll call for October:

"We are currently on the Eurodam. Just finished the first 7 days of our two back to back cruises.  Things are going very smoothly so far.  No reports of illness and everyone is pretty compliant about wearing the masks.  We have been tested twice so far, before boarding and before coming back to Athens.  The process is being handled very well and quickly.  Service onboard is excellent and the food is just as good.  There were only 800 passengers last week and the same this week, so service is stellar.

see you all in October."

Dear Anne  So glad everything is going well with you.  Could you tell another Canadian how you dealt with the no non-essential travel advisory in Canada? Did this affect anything, like your travel medical insurance, or other travel insurance?  So wanting to cruise but are very interested in how that advisory works.  

10 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Dear Anne  So glad everything is going well with you.  Could you tell another Canadian how you dealt with the no non-essential travel advisory in Canada? Did this affect anything, like your travel medical insurance, or other travel insurance?  So wanting to cruise but are very interested in how that advisory works.  

I’m not Anne, Silver but I can tell you that no credit card insurance (which some of us have) will cover you with the current travel advisory in place (My friend found out the hard way).

Most travel insurance will not either.  The one option available is HAL’s CPP.  

It’s really complicated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Silver, we are not on the ship right now, just looking forward to October.  Trident, who posted that message is from the States.  We are hoping that things start to improve, and the Canadian travel advisory is lifted.   We only took out the HAL insurance, but do have worldwide health coverage.  

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I’m not Anne, Silver but I can tell you that no credit card insurance (which some of us have) will cover you with the current travel advisory in place (My friend found out the hard way).

Most travel insurance will not either.  The one option available is HAL’s CPP.  

It’s really complicated.

Thanks, kazu.  This is what I have heard and now expect it will be this way for quite a while.  Hope all is good with you.  Another TA Collectors would certainly be ideal, don't you think? Hoping for the Advisory to go to 2. Not sure if a 3 would make any difference.

24 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Silver, we are not on the ship right now, just looking forward to October.  Trident, who posted that message is from the States.  We are hoping that things start to improve, and the Canadian travel advisory is lifted.   We only took out the HAL insurance, but do have worldwide health coverage.  

Anne: do you think the HAL insurance is OK for medical?  What does you worldwide health coverage cover?  Really want to do some cruises, but totally ung up on the medical coverage!

23 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Anne: do you think the HAL insurance is OK for medical?  What does you worldwide health coverage cover?  Really want to do some cruises, but totally ung up on the medical coverage!

It’s a minimal health insurance with platinum IMO.  Would not cover much expense.  I have medical insurance so don’t need to worry about HAL’s but it’s coverage is very small IMO.

26 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Thanks, kazu.  This is what I have heard and now expect it will be this way for quite a while.  Hope all is good with you.  Another TA Collectors would certainly be ideal, don't you think? Hoping for the Advisory to go to 2. Not sure if a 3 would make any difference.

All is good here, thanks.  We have a TA booked next year and hopeful by then we can go.  Not a collectors but we will do a land trip to Galicia first and then make our way to Barcelona.

But I do love Collectors 😉 

19 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Silver, our medical coverage is from when Pat worked in the US, I think it covers everything, but we have not yet tested it!  The HAL Platinum plan covers some medical - I think the details are somewhere on the HAL site, we just took the standard policy, which allows us to cancel within a couple of days of the cruise, I think, and get back 80%, It will cover the flights we book through Flight Ease.  I think that's about the best we can risk...  We just hope, if things go haywire, that HAL will cancel and give us the option of FCC or cash, as they did before.   It is all a big worry.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Silver, our medical coverage is from when Pat worked in the US, I think it covers everything, but we have not yet tested it!  The HAL Platinum plan covers some medical - I think the details are somewhere on the HAL site, we just took the standard policy, which allows us to cancel within a couple of days of the cruise, I think, and get back 80%, It will cover the flights we book through Flight Ease.  I think that's about the best we can risk...  We just hope, if things go haywire, that HAL will cancel and give us the option of FCC or cash, as they did before.   It is all a big worry.

Anne: Yes, it is all a big worry and that is what really spoils the fun of booking cruises right now, isn't it? Thanks for your info about insurance. I guess I am going to have to start researching that.  I suppose we could do B-B-B Europe now, at least we can get into Greece and Italy, unlike the US.  Hope you will have a great cruise in October and write about it :)