Scarlet Lady October 20-24 Fire and Sunset

Hello fellow sailors! Anyone excited yet? Solo traveler here hoping to meet some great people in a couple of months. I’ve taken a dozen cruises before, but always with a group of family or friends. So this will be a solo adventure.  Say “hey!”

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this forum and it looks like we need to get on the ball and start greeting, meeting, and posting.  The wife and I are excited about our first cruise ever!  Finally got the app to start working, but it doesn't look like we can make any restaurant reservations quite yet.  Hoping more info will drop soon.  Only 41 days to go!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, LKSail21 said:

Just found this forum and it looks like we need to get on the ball and start greeting, meeting, and posting.  The wife and I are excited about our first cruise ever!  Finally got the app to start working, but it doesn't look like we can make any restaurant reservations quite yet.  Hoping more info will drop soon.  Only 41 days to go!

What a great choice for your first cruise! Lots to be excited about. Cruise day will be here before we know it. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, LKSail21 said:

I was just looking at the “Eateries” section on the app. “No bookings needed” is the header for what looks like the entire list of eateries. 

1 hour ago, Camden American said:

I was just looking at the “Eateries” section on the app. “No bookings needed” is the header for what looks like the entire list of eateries. 

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I also saw that they specify that you can only eat once at a given restaurant during a cruise, but you can put your name in a queue to try to eat there again based on availability. Additionally, the menus of some places seem more complete than others. I'm hoping those cruising in the 3 weeks leading up to ours will be able to shed some light on all of this.

3 minutes ago, LKSail21 said:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I also saw that they specify that you can only eat once at a given restaurant during a cruise, but you can put your name in a queue to try to eat there again based on availability. Additionally, the menus of some places seem more complete than others. I'm hoping those cruising in the 3 weeks leading up to ours will be able to shed some light on all of this.

Oh, you have just enlightened me. I didn’t realize there is a limit on the number of times you can eat at a given restaurant. I suppose that will work just fine particularly on a 4 day cruise. Plus I imagine that rule doesn’t apply to the food court area. Yes, it will be interesting to see what insights others will share who are cruising earlier. By the way, what part of the world are you two traveling from? I’m coming from the Atlanta area.

Yeah, I doubt the rule applies to the food court (and hopefully not the ice cream shop either!). We are in North Central Florida, so just a short drive for us to Miami. We used to live near Atlanta. I don't miss that traffic.

• Like 1

My wife and I had time off for something we cancelled, and this cruise fit in to our time off, and I've been following the development of VV since it was announced so between all those things, we decided to try it.

We're foodies so the fact that everyone is saying it is a foodie ship is even better!

• Like 1

I'm seeing that the app is supposed to be allowing only the Rock Star suites to reserve restaurants now. We have one and I was able to book a couple of reservations for Wednesday and Thursday. But some of those with regular cabins have been able to do so as well. Anyone else been able to make reservations, whether Rock Star or not?

Just found the site. We haven’t been cruising for some time and I forgot how to use the Forums. We are going on this cruise with our son and daughter-in-law. The ship looks amazing and so unlike any other cruise ship I have ever been on. We are Rockstars while my son & wife have a extra large balcony suite. Can’t wait to see it!

We live in Pompano Beach FL

Nancy & Ken Logue

Brian & Amanda

• Like 1

Looking forward to FINALLY sailing on a Virgin Voyage! We were booked on an April 2020 voyage but obviously that didn't work. Then rebooked 3 times, all of which were cancelled. For this voyage we have a group of 10 (mostly from Orlando area) that are celebrating a friend's birthday. For the two of us, this will be our third cruise since July (Celebrity Millennium in July for Alaska and Disney Fantasy earlier this month.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JoeAndrew said:

Looking forward to FINALLY sailing on a Virgin Voyage! We were booked on an April 2020 voyage but obviously that didn't work. Then rebooked 3 times, all of which were cancelled. For this voyage we have a group of 10 (mostly from Orlando area) that are celebrating a friend's birthday. For the two of us, this will be our third cruise since July (Celebrity Millennium in July for Alaska and Disney Fantasy earlier this month.)

Wow! You guys are serious cruisers! The third cruise since July? Amazing. I also was originally booked on Scarlet Lady last year. Rebooked twice before landing on this one. I think it will be worth the wait. Sounds like you’re traveling with a fun group too. Maybe I’ll meet some of you at some point.

• Like 1

Has anyone booked the “Stargazers” on the net or the “PJ Party Under the Stars” on Wednesday night? Both are the type of things I’ve not seen on any other cruise ship before. Sounds fun! I noticed that booking doesn’t actually guarantee anything since it’s really first come first served. 

Kyle

On 9/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, Camden American said:

Has anyone booked the “Stargazers” on the net or the “PJ Party Under the Stars” on Wednesday night? Both are the type of things I’ve not seen on any other cruise ship before. Sounds fun! I noticed that booking doesn’t actually guarantee anything since it’s really first come first served. 

Kyle

We booked Stargazers.  It sounded interesting.

• Like 1

Talked to Virgin Voyages customer service today.  They said that for non-rockstars, the dining booking opens up 15 days ahead of the cruise.  In case anyone, like me, is anxiously opening up the app multiple times per day to see if its available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LibrarianMonroe said:

Talked to Virgin Voyages customer service today.  They said that for non-rockstars, the dining booking opens up 15 days ahead of the cruise.  In case anyone, like me, is anxiously opening up the app multiple times per day to see if its available.

Thanks for checking on that. Very helpful!

On 9/29/2021 at 7:16 AM, Camden American said:

Wow! You guys are serious cruisers! The third cruise since July? Amazing. I also was originally booked on Scarlet Lady last year. Rebooked twice before landing on this one. I think it will be worth the wait. Sounds like you’re traveling with a fun group too. Maybe I’ll meet some of you at some point.

Hi,

Also single. Live in Fort Lauderdale. Been on 4 cruises since July.This will be a new experience.

• Like 2