Question about Colon

flyrobinfly

We'll be sailing (fingers and toes crossed!) on our first Panama Canal cruise in November and was wondering if it's possible to buy postcards and stamps at the cruise terminal in Colon, and have them mail the completed cards. I've read that the area around the building is a bit unsavory and would rather not venture forth if at all possible. Thanks! 😊

Can't answer your question with any certainty about mailing postcards from the cruise terminal, but I am sure you would be able to buy some there.  There were a number on stores selling things you would expect at the port.  And you are correct, the area beyond the cruise terminal is not the greatest and somewhere that you don't want to strike out on your own.  There is nothing inherently unsafe about traveling through Colon as part of a tour or even in a taxi, just not by yourself.

• Thanks 1

Similar to the previous reply, I would expect you can find postcards for sale in the cruise terminal. If you can't find a place to post them ashore, most of the Purser's Desks accept them and hand them over to the ship's agent for posting ashore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1