Bermuda Cruise Requirements

Coco0917

13 minutes ago, jstrutton said:

Agreed, but when you go the Bermuda website you get the below which indicates to come back later. So not sure what the crystal ships are doing about this.  Can’t get the TA for cruise even if I wanted to

just odd and confusing.  We’ve cruises a lot but I can’t imagine any new cruise having to deal with this

jay

C570ECB8-2ACC-4795-933C-0DA6AC0AA5E3.png

Very simply, Bermuda at present is not opening the Travel Authorization application process until 5 days before any cruise's departure.

52 minutes ago, jstrutton said:

One problem is that to get the travel authorization requires another $75.  Don’t care about that but hopefully the cruise line specifically carnival will forward what we need to do.  Otherwise there will be a lot of people on board without TA and not very happy.  

When I read about the crystal cruise it was taking care of the COVID test before they arrive but there was no mention of the TA that seems be required. Also the Bermuda website when you try to do the TA asks for sail date but it is grayed out and says come back later

pretty confusing. We are also on the 14 November cruise from Baltimore. We will getting our COVID test on Friday before driving up or use the emed kits

jay

I believe the emed test is an antigen test, in which case it does not at present satisfy Bermuda's testing requirements, which call for a PCR test within 96 hours of your cruise departure date.

3 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Very simply, Bermuda at present is not opening the Travel Authorization application process until 5 days before any cruise's departure.

Thanks. Does anyone knows whether it is $75 per person or for each passenger?

I am cruising on this same itinerary.  I can't understand why NCL has not cancelled the trip.  It was announced today that 10,000 residents (1/6 of the population) is quarantined.  70 to 100 bus routes were cancelled today.  The NY Times rated Bermuda as the top spreader of Covid.  And they want us to go there and do what?  Does anyone know how to protest to NCL about this?

Just now, racequilt said:

I am cruising on this same itinerary.  I can't understand why NCL has not cancelled the trip.  It was announced today that 10,000 residents (1/6 of the population) is quarantined.  70 to 100 bus routes were cancelled today.  The NY Times rated Bermuda as the top spreader of Covid.  And they want us to go there and do what?  Does anyone know how to protest to NCL about this?

Bermuda has 67% of their population fully vaccinated and a case positivity rate of 5.1%. The reason their quarantine numbers are so high is that they are still taking contact tracing incredibly seriously.

I think that cruise passengers' chance of infection is lower in Bermuda than in many places in the US. However, I could completely understand that Bermuda might not want to introduce a few thousand more people into the mix every week and that they may want to focus their time and energy on keeping their own situation under control, rather than worry about the logistics of accommodating thousands of cruise passengers. If their government staff is being severely limited by the need for quarantines, then I can see how getting enough people to process a few thousand Travel Authorizations each week maybe wouldn't be a priority.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racequilt said:

Bus service is totally cancelled for now. I would guess there is an unofficial driver labor slowdown. Probably will be settled in a few days. As for protesting to NCL I believe they would cancel the cruise if there was nothing to do or it was unsafe. 

Honestly if I were booking a cruise this year I would understand that the Covid situation is constantly changing. As much as I would love to cruise to Bermuda this year I have not booked keeping that in mind. That is because I don't like the uncertainty. 

I’m going to make a very blunt statement in regards to those who want to protest or want to cancel. I’m sorry if this offends anyone.

I’m on the Breakaway 10/24-10/31. I am SO thrilled NCL has not canceled the itinerary. For those that are scared to go, I don’t understand why you would book a cruise during a pandemic. Everyone will be fully vaccinated onboard and I love that Bermuda is making the arrival process a little strict with testing. People need to live their lives and not worry about COVID. If you currently feel that way, you shouldn’t be cruising or traveling right now.

Edited by PittsburghNative
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

I'm arriving in Bermuda on a transatlantic from Rome in December. I don't want to disembark. If I remain on the ship do i need to pay Bermuda $75 ?

Yes. As of right now, everyone on a ship entering Bermuda waters has to pay the $75 and complete the Bermuda Travel Authorization.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes. As of right now, everyone on a ship entering Bermuda waters has to pay the $75 and complete the Bermuda Travel Authorization.

Since the form can not be filed until 4 days before entering Bermuda i assume all of us will be filling in the forms during those last at sea days. I hope NCL provides the internet connection to complete it.

6 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

Since the form can not be filed until 4 days before entering Bermuda i assume all of us will be filling in the forms during those last at sea days. I hope NCL provides the internet connection to complete it.

I did a B2B 9/26 and 10/3 and they provided help and internet access for completing the Travel Authorization for the second leg while I was onboard the first leg. They also did the required PCR testing.

5 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

Looks like its a moot point anyway - received notice today that they cancelled Bermuda for this sailing.

That will probably make things significantly easier for them. Doing onboard PCR tests for the ~50 people on my B2B was probably a lot easier than having to do it for every single passenger.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, herbanrenewal said:

Here is the link to the form needed to enter Bermuda by cruise ship.  For us on Crystal Symphony we have to have approval before we board the ship.  Bermuda says to test 4 days before boarding ship and then submit the form 3 days before boarding. https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

4 hours ago, comcox said:

Here is the link to the form needed to enter Bermuda by cruise ship.  For us on Crystal Symphony we have to have approval before we board the ship.  Bermuda says to test 4 days before boarding ship and then submit the form 3 days before boarding. https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

The poster's cruise is nothing like your Bermuda cruise, which departed the US two days before its scheduled arrival in Bermuda. This cruise is a transatlantic that would spend too many days at sea before arriving in Bermuda for anyone to be tested before departure and have their travel authorization filed and approved. Everyone would have to be tested on board while the ship was crossing the Atlantic and submit their travel authorization application while on board.

However all of that is now moot because as the poster later stated the Bermuda port call was cancelled . It would have been impossible for the ship to process the required PCR tests for everyone on board .

If your cruise leaves on a Friday for Bermuda, arriving on a Sunday, what day do you test to satisfy Bermuda and NCL? 96 hours or 72hours? Then  as I understand it, you are tested again at the pier by NCL and again upon arrival in Bermuda? Does this cut into your time in Bermuda on that first day?   

I really am hoping some of this goes away by April 2022 but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Tristianna said:

If your cruise leaves on a Friday for Bermuda, arriving on a Sunday, what day do you test to satisfy Bermuda and NCL? 96 hours or 72hours? Then  as I understand it, you are tested again at the pier by NCL and again upon arrival in Bermuda? Does this cut into your time in Bermuda on that first day?   

I really am hoping some of this goes away by April 2022 but I doubt it.

If you are sailing with NCL, you will NOT be testing upon arrival in Bermuda. The PCR testing at the pier on embarkation day fulfills that requirement for NCL passengers. As for 96 hours, it's actually four days. You are supposed to be PCR tested the morning of the fourth day out, so if you are sailing Friday, that would be Monday. The Bermuda site recommends being tested "first thing" that morning in order to get your results as early as possible. If you do the Monday test and then test at the pier on Friday before embarking, then you are all set. No additional testing is required.

7 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I am planning on returning to cruising on a March NY sailing that stops in Bermuda on the 5th day for just 6 hours. I am wondering if they would even keep that port for just the day if there are still so many requirements.

What is the rest of the itinerary and on which cruise line? 

10 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I am planning on returning to cruising on a March NY sailing that stops in Bermuda on the 5th day for just 6 hours. I am wondering if they would even keep that port for just the day if there are still so many requirements.

They probably will cancel the port call if the same or similar requirements are in place . I know NCL just cancelled a Bermuda call on an upcoming transatlantic cruise.

3 hours ago, HowardK said:

Hard to say what the requirements will be in March, but I suspect the shot stop would just be canceled if the same requirements are still in place. PCR testing everyone on the ship seems beyond most onboard medical center's capabilities.

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

What is the rest of the itinerary and on which cruise line? 

its a NCL Getaway- 8 nights . It does Norfolk, POrt Canveral, GSC and the Bermuda- for me it would be just about getting back on a boat and going on a 8 nighter. 

We are supposed to cruise May 2022 to Bermuda on Carnival Legend but am contemplating changing it to an Alaska cruise with everything going on. From my research I see they only had one ship scheduled in about a month to go there and I believe that has already been changed to Bermuda. I'm assuming due to the rules of 100% on ship having to be vaccinated and Carnival allowing 5% not. 

I'm just wondering how long they will take to decide to change itenary for when they start again in May. I just don't want to be flying out to Baltimore when I can cruise local for much cheaper to those locations! Also don't want to wait too long to make a decision then rooms being booked full or being much more expensive.

What's y'alls opinions?