Booking a family trip

vanessa5076

Hi All

We are considering booking a cruise for a family. How would you go about booking the various rooms?  We would like to be reasonably "together" but happy with non-connecting rooms.  There will be a total of 7 over 3 rooms.

Also what ships would you recommend for a party ranging from 12 to 53 (thinking Royal Caribbean atm)   

Thanks for any help! 

Two options - select available staterooms when booking at the web - you should be able  to see and select from all available staterooms for various decks - or cal the UK office.

I have several times found cabins relatively close together at the web - three cabins should not be that difficult.

The price is a bit higher when you select staterooms yourself . Make sure to select the UK specific site with local pricing.

My response is based on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hallasm said:

Two options - select available staterooms when booking at the web - you should be able  to see and select from all available staterooms for various decks - or cal the UK office.

I have several times found cabins relatively close together at the web - three cabins should not be that difficult.

The price is a bit higher when you select staterooms yourself . Make sure to select the UK specific site with local pricing.

My response is based on Royal Caribbean.

X2.  I think Royal Caribbean is also a good choice for your grouping of 12 to 53.  

I'm often part of large family group cruises.  They try to book cabins in proximity to each other and seem to be pretty successful getting cabins in the same general area.  

• Thanks 1

Booking through the cruise line's website may be easy. You could try doing a dummy booking now to check if you can clearly see the available cabins and can ALMOST complete the booking process.

That said, on our various cruises over the years, I think we've always booked over the phone through the line's UK office. This may prove to be the easiest way for you as you speak to a "real person" and can explain your needs.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We have done this with Royal Caribbean a couple of times…grandparents, parents and child. We needed a suite for the family and then three adjacent balcony cabins. We searched for what we needed..and found cabins sandwiched between two passenger decks. Took booking to travel agent…all was well..until….RCCL moved the ship we were due to sail on to another destination.  We were meant to be allocated like for like cabins on new ship. Difficult to get family together as only one suitable week each year.

We are still waiting for the final re allocation of cabins but looks like we may have lost our adjoining cabins..Our agent has been very good..she has tried so hard to get the chosen cabins, but has now been told by RCCL to stop chasing them as they have protocols to follow.  

Haven’t had this type of issue with previous family cruises with RCCL and others…suppose Covid has much to answer for regarding change of ship location !

Good luck with your booking. The earlier you book, the better chance you have of adjoining cabins.

We usually open the deck plans of the ship, and hunt for the position of the sort of cabin we need. When we ring either the TA or ship's office, we keep the deck plans open. If the cabin is booked, we can go back to planning...