Coffee Makers in Suites

CanAmBrit

Has Seabourn followed the lead of other cruise lines and placed individual coffee/tea  makers in the suites yet? I appreciate my morning coffee on awakening and do not wish to wait for room service, if I don’t have to.

11 minutes ago, CanAmBrit said:

Thanks for the info. We are on the Ovation Sept. 27 so this is good to know. My first request will be for the  Nespresso machine!

Did you enjoy the cruise?

If you are in a Penthouse Suite and above then you have a coffee machine, but this has always been the case. Verandah and Ocean View Suites do not have a coffee machine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanAmBrit said:

Has Seabourn followed the lead of other cruise lines and placed individual coffee/tea  makers in the suites yet? I appreciate my morning coffee on awakening and do not wish to wait for room service, if I don’t have to.

I know the feeling all too well. Many of us cannot think straight and decline to face the day without our early morning caffeination.  I was delighted that Crystal had an espresso machine in the base veranda suite on the Endeavor around Iceland this month (even though it was of course noisy).

On SB, I used to wake early and trek up to the Observation lounge to get a large cup and then bring it back to the suite (messy hair or no messy hair, it was faster, and better,  than room service, at least as of March 2020 when we were booted off the Encore due to Covid -- and now you can just wear a mask so no one recognizes you :). In the suite is the best.

• Like 2

This is something that has annoyed me for some time. I always ask for a coffee machine and on occasion I have been successful. More often than not they say they do not have one available. I know you can order room service (really can’t wait that long and don’t like someone walking in when I’m not dressed) and I wake before early riser coffee is available (can’t change a habit of a lifetime). Really in this day and age they should be in every suite, not just PH and above.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't begrudge folks in the PH suites for having coffee machines as part of the perk for the larger, more expensive suites.  For me, I am happy in any Veranda suite and happily will walk the apparently long distance to Seabourn Square to get my morning coffee, donut and interact with the wonderful Seabourn staff, ie. Amra and Yuri on the Ovation.  My apologies to others if I may be a little unkempt at this time in the morning.  We have a Nespresso machine at home and I have no interest in having this appliance in my Veranda suite.  Safe travels.

I think it would be fine if those who desire a coffee maker in their Veranda suite could get one. We, however, prefer not having one. There is precious little flat space for us to use without having some of it occupied by a coffee maker. Also, we think it’s a real luxury to wake up to the delivery of a pot of coffee with a pot of hot milk, plus croissants with butter and jam. A great way to start the day!

• Like 2

Yes, we missed not having a coffee maker in our Veranda Suite on the Ovation.  But the good news is that we were upgraded to a V5 Suite that was right down the corridor from Seabourn Square where we could get excellent coffee products.  It was even possible to order in advance (using the SB App) and have it waiting.   Interestingly there were decent expresso makers in all of our Greek hotel rooms.

Hank

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately several luxury cruise lines still don't have a simple espresso machine in the regular cabins. Seabourn,  Silversea, Regent... none of them.

Hapag Lloyd has one in every cabin. Even if it's not too much trouble to get a coffee at a bar I think it's much easier to just quickly brew one in the cabin. Personally I loved the minibar setup on Europa2.

And Seabourn could use the space in the cupboard above the minibar, too.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-05 um 12.48.42.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-05 um 12.49.00.png

M&P, does the Europa base veranda suite now also have coffee in the cabin?  I have not been allowed on board since Covid because I am not German, Austrian, or Swiss, and before that, it did not.  
However, it only took 5-10 minutes for staff to show up with a little pot of excellent strong coffee, and they quickly made themselves scarce so I could drink it alone, unmolested in my morning fog.

Espresso capsule coffee cannot be compared to freshly brewed coffee beans. If room service brings fresh espresso within 5 or 10 minutes, its worth the wait to drink real coffee. I got a super-auto coffee machine home and my friends love it. Previously I used nespresso system.

Edited by mcondition

9 hours ago, mcondition said:

Espresso capsule coffee cannot be compared to freshly brewed coffee beans. If room service brings fresh espresso within 5 or 10 minutes, its worth the wait to drink real coffee. I got a super-auto coffee machine home and my friends love it. Previously I used nespresso system.

Nothing beats a freshly brewed coffee from fresh beans. But until then I'd be quite happy having a machine in my suite rather than having to wait in line at Seabourn Square which can be very busy.

Funny too, that on Seabourn I always wait in line (because the 2 fellas behind the counter are normally busy) whereas in Silversea's Arts Cafe I ordered at the counter and was always told to take a seat as I was going to be served.

On HL Europa 2 no standing at any counter. They'd rather keelhaul a waiter if he'd made you stand and wait.

• Like 1