Need refund processed to book another sailing

avp1234

Hi!  I canceled a cruise on the panorama and was told I would be refunded within 5-10 days. I’ve checked my card and nothing. No cancellation email either. 

We found a different one we’d like to book, but can’t until they process our refund. Can’t reach anyone on the phone. Any suggestions?  The cabin we want is in the Havana cabana area and there are only a couple left. Any help appreciated 

Perhaps 5-10 business days. Some credit cards are slower than others, too.

Maybe put a courtesy hold on the cabin you want online. Carnival will answer the phone if you wait long enough.

• Like 3

Not sure why you need to wait for a refund to book another cruise.

Courtesy hold is a great suggestion and you can just redo the hold when it expires, as long as the room is still available.

Another thing to remember is that what is showing up online is necessarily what is available.

You could also book through a TA and then you might only have to put down a deposit, if it's a money thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, avp1234 said:

Hi!  I canceled a cruise on the panorama and was told I would be refunded within 5-10 days. I’ve checked my card and nothing. No cancellation email either. 

We found a different one we’d like to book, but can’t until they process our refund. Can’t reach anyone on the phone. Any suggestions?  The cabin we want is in the Havana cabana area and there are only a couple left. Any help appreciated 

Just pay the deposit and then when you get the refund pay off the cruise.

• Like 2

Call Carnival or contact a PVP, you can request one online at Carnival website, and ask if your refund has been processed yet.  If not, ask them to transfer the funds to the new booking you want.   I just did this yesterday, as I had been waiting for 60 days for a gift card refund. I simply asked if it had been processed yet and if not, could they move my funds to prepay gratuities instead, which they did.

• Like 2

As has been mentioned,  put the deposit down on the Havana cabin you want and then transfer the funds when you get the refund.   I can tell you from firsthand experience on two 8 day cruises on the Horizon, you will probably spend more time in the Havana area than you will on your lanai.  I would book a HA interior and use the savings towards Cheers or other expenses.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, avp1234 said:

I’ll try to contact a PVP. I’m due a 3500 refund, so I hate to give them anymore of my money to hold. 

I don't blame you! I am waiting for two refunds on two different cancellations, and I won't give them another dime until I get my money back. As soon as I get ALL of it, I am booking a super long 14+ day cruise (not on carnival). I prefer luxury on longer cruises.

• Like 1