Covid testing in Galveston

margeecruiser

11 hours ago, ray98 said:

CVS has appointments next week.

Which CVS?

The only ones that I can find that have available appointments are back up 45 toward Houston. I’m trying to locate one in Galveston proper.

Hey all 

we sail next month , and we are flying in to Houston 3 days before our cruise to spend some time in Galveston, we (all six of us ) are getting tested the Monday before we fly .

We need to get another test once we land on Thursday evening, or Friday morning either close to Houston airport, or in Galveston 

Need to know where would be the best place preferably in Galveston,  the cvs is a drive thru service and we don’t have a rental car  

need help ASAP , wife freaking out a bit 

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are no HEB's in Galveston (wish there were) There is a Walgreens and CVS,  West Isle Urgent Care and Affinity Urgent care all on 61st Street.. i believe that they all offer the tests, but not sure which one

On 8/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, aacruise said:

Unfortunately there are no HEB's in Galveston (wish there were) There is a Walgreens and CVS,  West Isle Urgent Care and Affinity Urgent care all on 61st Street.. i believe that they all offer the tests, but not sure which one

If you are driving to Galveston there are HEB stores in League City, Texas City and Santa Fe, all along I-45 South.

• 3 weeks later...

Back from our cruise , 3 tests in total , all negative, was simply process on the ship for our pcr test , and results were quick , paid 50 for a antigen test at clinic in Galveston 

really all not as scary as it seems , truly enjoyed the cruise limited capacity, but still tons of fun 

I would order two 6 packs from eMed.com and self administer my test once I arrive in Galveston. You order one pack and have your spouse order one. That way if somebody messes up you will have extra. Pack them in your carry on and test whenever you need to test.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, cynt said:

I would order two 6 packs from eMed.com

This is also what i would do - Unfortunately - right now eMed is out of stock. But you can still get 2 & 3 pack sets from Optum.

From the eMed site:

"While we replenish our inventory, eMed verified tests are available in packs of two or three from our partner, The Optum Store"

For 6 people I would order 3 sets of three - best to have spares. Set up a NAVICA account for each person and start just running them through, each test takes about 20 minutes (Most of it waiting the 15 minutes).

Even buying 3 sets of three would still be cheaper that just 1 paid-for test. And Faster

AND: DW was not feeling well one day on our cruise, Pulled out a eMed test and did a proctored test (We had purchased premium WiFi) just to be sure it was Not the Creepy Crawly COVID Crud (It Wasn't).

Edited by RGEDad
Added last sentence

On 9/28/2021 at 8:52 AM, Funbobby68 said:

Back from our cruise , 3 tests in total , all negative, was simply process on the ship for our pcr test , and results were quick , paid 50 for a antigen test at clinic in Galveston 

really all not as scary as it seems , truly enjoyed the cruise limited capacity, but still tons of fun 

What clinic was it for 50 in Galveston ? Thanks .