Anyone able to get onto the Virgin Voyages app?

sid_9169

4 hours ago, imahistorygeek said:

Virgin Voyages webinar said the app will "interface" with the ship once it is back in the United States. She said dining reservations and shore things should work once back in the US. 

They told me they were putting finishing touches on it,. Everything from VV support is hogwash.. What were the doing the 17 months they were not sailing, sleeping?

• Like 2

I've been completely unable to get on the app for well over a week now... I've called them three times, trying to get my dining reservations sorted out, but they just keep saying "wait for the app to come back online" or "we'll let you know"... So far, I'm pretty discouraged with the entire Virgin Voyages experience, and I haven't even been within 700 miles of the ship...

12 hours ago, Duke95 said:

At this point, I think its about even odds that the Scarlet Lady doesn't make the voyage across the pond until closer to the new year. I think they might just leave it in the UK for another month or two.

I really hope that doesn't happen. 

13 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've been completely unable to get on the app for well over a week now... I've called them three times, trying to get my dining reservations sorted out, but they just keep saying "wait for the app to come back online" or "we'll let you know"... So far, I'm pretty discouraged with the entire Virgin Voyages experience, and I haven't even been within 700 miles of the ship...

I agree with you.  I have had problems with the app and basically been told the same thing for the cruise that changed port from key west. I can see my other cruise fine but am not in the 45 days of booking yet. 

15 hours ago, Duke95 said:

At this point, I think its about even odds that the Scarlet Lady doesn't make the voyage across the pond until closer to the new year. I think they might just leave it in the UK for another month or two.

They are already selling tickets to the REVVEL weekend event in NYC on the ship in mid September. Still seems like it’s making its  way to the US and eventually Miami. 

6 hours ago, Kdiamond55 said:

Just an FYI for everyone, was on the phone with them this morning. It seems nobody can book restaurants right now, they’re still working on the app. We are 43 days out.

Everyone please give the app one star in the app store--Virgin apparently has not figured out their sailors are not happy with the app performance, even though they have had more than an extra year to get it right..

I’m not sure it’s the app more Virgin’s organisational abilities! For our 23rd August sailing the app didn’t open for Rock Stars until about 40 days out. Although we did get a mail advising us that booking was open, I found out first from these forums and by logging in every day to check.

what we noticed that there were regular additions to the entertainment and regular releases to restaurant availability. What was frustrating is that once you have booked a restaurant, you can’t see any other availability as you are initially limited to one booking per restaurant. The only way to consider changing a booking is to cancel your existing booking, to see what else is available, but at the risk of someone booking your released slot. Also booking for lunch and brunch at the Wake and Razzle Dazzle were not available for pre-booking.

Having said this, once onboard, there was plenty of availability (at least initially), lunch and brunch options were free and many were able to obtain a walk up reservation! It did make for a stressful pre sailing period though.

Hopefully Virgin will in time, work this through!

Don

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

As of a couple of days ago, the app started working again for me. Still can't book any dining yet though...

Screenshot_20210907-104822.png

I deleted and re installed it-and it worked as crappy as ever. And I too cannot book anything-As if we really were going to see any difference. I am surprised it has a 2 star rating in the app store-should be no higher than ZERO...

31 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

42 Days to my voyage in a Rockstar Suite and I STILL can't book restaurants... Typical VV crap.. They sucks at apps, making apps work, and anything to do with apps.

bookings.jpg

Yes, I really think they've dropped the ball big-time with this. Every other cruise line just let's you do all of this online prior to sailing. Customers like me want to know that I have a standing reservation at the places that I want to dine on my long awaited for and expensive vacation. 

Virgin quietly added a "BETA" tag to their app in the latest update. Really? Beta after having been launched early last year? They are using every excuse in the book to justify the piece of garbage their app is.. I would think their sailors deserve better.. I encourage EVERYONE that sails to make it known to them the app is garbage..

IMG_3203.jpg

On 8/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, garymfreedman said:

THEY HAVE HAD AN EXTRA YEAR TO GET THE APP READY.. They are so full of it!!!! Fire the entire app team I say..

One benefit of a travel agent, or First Mate, as VV calls it: My agent is going to handle my restaurant bookings, so I don't have to deal with it at all. I sent her the list, and she will work with VV to get them booked...Hallelujah...

As is usuall with VV, they have no clue what is going on-After telling my TA I could book restaurants starting October 6th, for my 10/24 voyage-I was just able to book my dinner for the first night, 10/24--But the rest of the days the app does not work correctly and keeps it on the first night.. So frustrating they are pre voyage....

I am now able to see all the shipboard activities in the app for my October 24 voyage. I still can't book dinner past the first night--But it does help to see all the activites before booking dinner, so I don't have a conflict..So close.... Been 1,406 days since I paid my deposit........

1 hour ago, garymfreedman said:

I am now able to see all the shipboard activities in the app for my October 24 voyage. I still can't book dinner past the first night--But it does help to see all the activites before booking dinner, so I don't have a conflict..So close.... Been 1,406 days since I paid my deposit........

Give it till later tonight or tomorrow, and you'll probably be able to book the rest of your dining... It did the exact same thing to me on the day that reservations finally became available.

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Give it till later tonight or tomorrow, and you'll probably be able to book the rest of your dining... It did the exact same thing to me on the day that reservations finally became available.

Right so far @sid_9169 Was able to book Monday night, except the restaurant I wanted was still not in the booking list.. But progress.....

• Like 1

I got email today saying I could book restaurants for my 10/24 voyage, since I am a Rockstar.

It is still clunky.. Also, it is time consuming as you have to go between the line up tab, to see what events you want to attend, so you don't create a conflict with your restaurant.. It will tell you if you book a dinner that is conflicting with something else you booked, or vice a veras, but then you have to go back to figure out what you are going to do.. So frustrating pre boarding....

The app keeps popping up this annoying error every few seconds on my pages and I'm not able to do the final step 7 of the pre-boarding process. Is there where I select my boarding time?

Ugh, I see what you all mean about the app--it's terrible! This is really embarrassing for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaleyAtSea said:

The app keeps popping up this annoying error every few seconds on my pages and I'm not able to do the final step 7 of the pre-boarding process. Is there where I select my boarding time?

Ugh, I see what you all mean about the app--it's terrible! This is really embarrassing for them.

Check in time is at the very top above the other check in area. I think that was the very first thing I did prior to any of the other stuff.