Wedding hair done on Princess?

dotty123

Has anyone had their wedding hair done on Princess? I am getting married on Regal Princess in October and I have practiced a few hairstyles with family but not overly happy with it! I am considering getting my hair done at the spa but I am worried that they won't be able to bring my vision to life as I want quite modern hair. Has anyone else had a princess wedding who would be happy to share photos of their hair or reassure me that it is possible? (also I have hair extensions - anyone had any experience with this onboard either)

image.png.51f60ea67b6a8c781c64a5a2e2ccfd6d.png

Thanks!

6 hours ago, dotty123 said:

Has anyone had their wedding hair done on Princess? I am getting married on Regal Princess in October and I have practiced a few hairstyles with family but not overly happy with it! I am considering getting my hair done at the spa but I am worried that they won't be able to bring my vision to life as I want quite modern hair. Has anyone else had a princess wedding who would be happy to share photos of their hair or reassure me that it is possible? (also I have hair extensions - anyone had any experience with this onboard either)

image.png.51f60ea67b6a8c781c64a5a2e2ccfd6d.png

Thanks!

You have little control over who will staff your ship so either family is going to get great at hair or you are. In my case, my hair no makeup team were me, myself, and I. Just choose something that can handle humidity and breezes—you are at sea, often all and will take outdoor pics—and pack awesome hairspray.

Dotty123, 

I'm assuming you are using the Princess Dream Wedding Planner. (I'm getting married May of 22 on Caribbean Princess and was told every couple has to use them.) When you're on the main page of the planner you'll see a whole bunch of blue tabs with drop down menus. Click on the one that says Additional Requests, and the first thing you'll see is Salon Services.  Put in your request for a day and time in the box provided. Don't know if they guarantee you'll get it, but it can't hurt to have the request in. (I put a request for the day before as a trial run and one for the day of.) 

I'm also going to message the Princess wedding coordinator to make her aware, and when I get on board the first thing i'll do is go directly to the salon and confirm I do have an appointment, or if not, to set something up. Our wedding is the first 'at sea' day and i'm guessing a lot of ladies want their hair done for the formal night pics. 

I'll ask about the make up too, but I'm planning on being able to do that myself if absolutely necessary. i'm concerned with the Covid situation they may not want to touch any one else's makeup products. 

Anyway, good luck with everything, and feel free to share your experience when you get back.

Patty

Hi both,

as you point out it is different staff on each ship so I suppose it is a bit of a gamble as some people may have different experiences!

And yes, I know how to book the salon services, I have been speaking with my wedding planner about it, I just wondered what kind of wedding styles people had been able to achieve on board 🙂 my wedding is in 8 weeks so I will let you know how it goes after if you have any qus!

1 hour ago, dotty123 said:

Hi both,

as you point out it is different staff on each ship so I suppose it is a bit of a gamble as some people may have different experiences!

And yes, I know how to book the salon services, I have been speaking with my wedding planner about it, I just wondered what kind of wedding styles people had been able to achieve on board 🙂 my wedding is in 8 weeks so I will let you know how it goes after if you have any qus!

Awesome... I wonder if we have the same person from Princess. Her name is Melanie. So far she has been great to work with. 

P.