Sydney- Where does Princess dock?

nini

Fingers crossed: We plan to fly into Sydney in late March of 2023 for a Trans Pacific. We would like to book a hotel fairly close to the port of the vicinity and use as a home base from which to do sightseeing. Thanks!

3 hours ago, nini said:

Fingers crossed: We plan to fly into Sydney in late March of 2023 for a Trans Pacific. We would like to book a hotel fairly close to the port of the vicinity and use as a home base from which to do sightseeing. Thanks!

Princess ships usually dock  at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at Circular Quay.. 

Edited by possum52

6 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

If you tell us which ship and date we may be able to check, though I’m not sure if any of their remaining ships will fit under the bridge so Circular Quay seems most likely

The ships regularly operating out of Sydney definitely can't fit under the bridge. I think even Coral is too big and that's probably the smallest in the fleet now.

The Circular Quay / Rocks area is certainly a great place to base yourself for a stay in Sydney but it can be very expensive there.  The other end of the city, the Haymarket / Chinatown /Central Station area can be a bit cheaper and is still convenient due to train and light rail routes.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, GUT2407 said:

If you tell us which ship and date we may be able to check, though I’m not sure if any of their remaining ships will fit under the bridge so Circular Quay seems most likely

The Grand Princess departs Sydney OPT (Circular Quay) for San Francisco via NZ/Tahiti/Hawaii on 31st March 2023.

The best way to see Sydney is from the harbour, the best way to see the harbour is by ferry from Circular Quay. So I would suggest that if at all possible get a hotel in walking distance of Circular Quay.

As well, Circular Quay has train, bus and tram connections.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

• 2 weeks later...