Barcelona andante hotel

mina

We have a reservation here for one night prior to our April 22 cruise.  Has anyone stayed there?  It is supposed to be only a 15 min walk to the cruise terminal.  It looks nice, but I have also read some reviews that the area may not be good after dark.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, mina said:

We have a reservation here for one night prior to our April 22 cruise.  Has anyone stayed there?  It is supposed to be only a 15 min walk to the cruise terminal.  It looks nice, but I have also read some reviews that the area may not be good after dark.  Thank you.

Which cruise terminal have you been told you are using? If you are at Terminals A,B, C, D as shown on this website, I would suggest you don’t walk.  It’s doable, and people do it.  But I don’t consider it a good start to a cruise.  Too far and up and over a lengthy bridge. 

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

Edited by MeHeartCruising

10 hours ago, mina said:

Thank you we probably will not walk.  How,is,the general location of this hotel, is it a safe place to stay?  It is in the Plaça Catalunya near the entrance to La Ramba.

We have stayed on Places Catalunya, in an H10 hotel in a room on a high floor which overlooked the Placa.  Great place to stay as it is central and the Aerobus, (from the airport) terminates there as well, so very handy as it is a good, direct form of transport..  Also an underground train station nearby.  I would certainly not consider it an easy walk to where any cruise ships leave, but not an expensive taxi ride either.  The hotel is also near the old town.

Watch for pick pockets in Barcelona generally, a lot of tourists head for Las Ramblas, so it is well visited with pick pockets.  We headed in other directions to find restaurants etc. And found those areas more authentically Spanish.  It is a great, city to just roam round, but just don't take valuables out with you and don't wear expensive jewellery.  The Aerobus is as safe as as travelling anywhere since it can only be used to/from the airport, so no locals able to just hop on it.  Watch when going into or out of any hotel with luggage though - keep valuables and passports well tucked away as that is when it is easy to loose concentration.  Using a taxi just the same.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2021 at 12:19 AM, mina said:

Thank you we probably will not walk.  How,is,the general location of this hotel, is it a safe place to stay?  It is in the Plaça Catalunya near the entrance to La Ramba.

I think you will find that Andante Hotel is not" IN Plaça de Catalunya", but on Avinguda de les Drassanes. We have a reservation here prior to our Infinity cruise in Apr next year. I have not stayed here before but have not heard bad reports. We purposely booked away from Las Ramblas and do not intend on going there due to the tourist traps around that area. I would however recommend a walk through the Gothic Quarter (Bario Gothic), which has some fantastic architecture.

image.png.b22b607aff0e682a3191ac83238570d1.png

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:44 PM, mina said:

Hi Mina

Which cruise are you on in Apr 22? We are on Celebrity Infinity 24Apr2022, staying 1 night prior.

@Tipsy252  Hi there - unfortunately, we were on the Regal Princess and it was cancelled due to dry dock.  So we switched to Celebrity Infinity in September going to Croatia.  It will be our first time on Celebrity and we are quite excited.  We will stick close to home in April and hope everything will be sorted out with COVID by the time we cross the pond in September.  Enjoy your cruise!