Clothing during embarkation, for dinner

Katheryn B

Yes they are doing dinner on sail day. Not sure why they would omit dinner on any night. I pack an extra set of clothing in my carry on bag for the first evening and in the event of my luggage being late I have fresh clothing for dinner😀 I am on an Alaskan cruise right  now actually😀

• Like 2

We always pack "nicer" clothing and shoes in our carryon, although we never board in shorts or similar.  Typically I board the ship in linen slacks and flat shoes, and pack heels and a dressier top for the evening.  A few toiletries, glasses, any jewelry I want for the cruise, and of course our documents make up the carryon.  We don't do pool deck, so bathing suits are in the bigger luggage.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:45 PM, clo said:

Of course most people did not wear heels at home during lockdowns.

But for those of us who like to dance, heels will never go out of style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We board in what we’ll wear for dinner that evening, nothing fancy, linen slacks & nice top for me & dress shirts & Hawaiian shirt for DH. The dress requirements for first night aren’t as dressy as other nights. Especially with delayed boarding with Covid testing & staggered times. Our boarding time gorgeous October cruise isn’t until 1pm!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

We board in what we’ll wear for dinner that evening, nothing fancy, linen slacks & nice top for me & dress shirts & Hawaiian shirt for DH. The dress requirements for first night aren’t as dressy as other nights. Especially with delayed boarding with Covid testing & staggered times. Our boarding time gorgeous October cruise isn’t until 1pm!

Hi Melody, 😀 nothing fancy, but you know it sounds like a very pretty casual outfit👍....

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, awhfy said:

We always shower and change for dinner..maybe nothing formal but clean clothes at the least. We take these in our carry ons, in case the suitcases don’t arrive in time..they usually do, though .

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends on your journey to the cruise port.

Fly-cruises for example we have often been in the same clothes for over 12hrs by time we get to the ship so we take a change of clothes, underwear and footwear each in our carry on to go to dinner after a quick shower.

if cruising from local port or you overnighted in port prior then you can usually get away with just a quick wash and brush and a change of top again brought in your carry on. 

Most cruise lines are casual first night and whilst shorts are acceptable personally being a lady of a certain age i like to make the effort to change. I wouldn't dream of travelling/boarding in shorts even in hot countries, linen pants all the way!

• Like 2