Harmony’s August 25 Snake and Columbia River cruise

jagoffee

I just received an email concerning our August 25 cruise.

To All Guests Embarking American Harmony on August 25th,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard shortly.  In the interest of full transparency, we want to make you aware of a recent development before you board.

During the current cruise, we discovered seven crew members who tested positive for COVID-19 during routine onboard testing.  All of these crew have disembarked the vessel, our COVID-19 response and sanitation protocols were activated immediately and, as a result, all other guests and crew are safe and healthy. 

Your cruise will proceed as planned.  However, embarkation will be delayed for a few hours in order to give ship’s personnel additional time to complete a thorough, deep cleaning and sanitization throughout the ship.  You will remain comfortable in the pre-cruise hotel until embarkation time and specific details will be included in the Welcome Letter that you will receive when you check-in at the Red Lion Hotel on the River Jantzen Beach. 

In the meantime, travel safely.  We look forward to serving you.

Thank you.

Sincerely,”

Obviously they had an issue on the current cruise.  I will keep you posted as things  proceed.

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I certainly hope that they do.

Crew were not required to be vaccinated per a couple of online stories. "While most of the ship's crew members are vaccinated, those who are not are set to remain on board in Juneau until they are cleared by health authorities." 

July 10 USA Today article

American Cruise Lines Vaccine required? No

Note: American Cruise Lines does not have an across-the-board vaccine requirement for passengers, but passengers on some itineraries in specific regions or over specific time periods may face COVID-19 testing or vaccination requirements. The line says it will communicate directly with passengers about them.

Cruise Lines Covid Vaccine Policy

I know crew and passengers were NOT required to be vaccinated on our July 25 American Jazz cruise. 

I can only speak with certainty about the August 25 Harmony cruise.  All passengers are required to be vaccinated and to provide evidence of a negative Molecular style Covid test taken in the last 72 hours.  Additionally all passengers will be administered a rapid test before boarding.  This was communicated to us some time ago.  
I am going to ask tomorrow if the seven crew members were previously vaccinated and the approximate number of total crew.  
The Harmony has arrived in Portland.  The current passengers will disembark tomorrow.  We will embark a few hours late to allow time for a deeper clean.  Lunch and some meetings will be held at the Red Lion.

Edited by jagoffee

21 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I can only speak with certainty about the August 25 Harmony cruise.  All passengers are required to be vaccinated and to provide evidence of a negative Molecular style Covid test taken in the last 72 hours.  Additionally all passengers will be administered a rapid test before boarding.  This was communicated to us some time ago.  
I am going to ask tomorrow if the seven crew members were previously vaccinated and the approximate number of total crew.  
The Harmony has arrived in Portland.  The current passengers will disembark tomorrow.  We will embark a few hours late to allow time for a deeper clean.  Lunch and some meetings will be held at the Red Lion.

IMG_0264.MOV

As mentioned in my post above it appears that passengers needing to be vaccinated and provide a negative Molecular type Covid test is for certain itineraries and regions. I'm curious to hear what ACL says about crew being vaccinated and if the same guidelines apply to them. As I posted earlier that was not the case on our July 25 American Jazz cruise from Nashville to Memphis. 

I hope you have a great cruise and experience no Covid related problems. Please post again and let us know how it goes. 

• Thanks 1