Mariner 9/13/21 - Chops and Izumi not showing? Do I have to get Unlimited?

Looking online and Chops and Izumi aren't showing as options to book ahead of time. Jamie's Italian does so I know things have been loaded in.

Does this mean they're totally sold out already? Or do I have to get Unlimited to get access to them?

Would unlimited even have access to them if they aren't showing?

I know we're all climbing the walls to get back onboard but it would be really surprising if most specialty dining is 100% booked solid before the cruise.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, InTheWASide said:

Any thoughts?

Not every one is climbing walls to get on a ship and the lack of listing of specialty venues could be caused by a number of things but being sold out is unlikely to be one of them. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not every one is climbing walls to get on a ship and the lack of listing of specialty venues could be caused by a number of things but being sold out is unlikely to be one of them. 

What do you believe the number of things you mentioned could be then?

I too am having the same issue.  My 5 night British Isles in October doesn't have the UDP at all and the only restaurants open are Jamies, Wonderland and Chef's Table.  Chops, Solarium Bistro and Izumi are options you cannot even choose from. 

3 night dining package is no longer available for any of my sailings, Oasis and Mariner. Unlimited is available on Mariner only.

Disappointing because of course today I decided I wanted to switch from UDP to 3 night. Hopefully the option returns.

19 hours ago, InTheWASide said:

Would unlimited even have access to them if they aren't showing?

Nope.  They are both missing from my reservation on Ovation for 9/10 as well and I have the UDP.   If these are not available I will be cancelling it.

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

Having the same issue for both of my cruises in December - the Unlimited was showing yesterday and of course when I go to book today it is gone as well as Chops.  For Independence of the Seas.  Hopefully it is a glitch and will come back.

No way of knowing - it seems odd that they wouldn’t offer pre cruise…but anything is possible I suspect.

Most likely - they have sold a number of UDPs, and knowing reduced capacity - opted not to open to pre cruise bookings. Just going to be open on a very limited basis.

Possible - RCL error, buy out by a large group (seems unlikely any large group sailings right now), or just no plan on opening these venues.

I would be mad if I bought a UDP only to find these venues closed or completely unavailable- but the cruise contract is clear - you get passage and venues are never guaranteed - I’m sure they would refund 100% - but not the point. 

I could see a “wait and see” approach from RCL - after all - how many individual reservations do you think they could sell on a sailing of this size - dozens ? Maybe a hundred…it’s revenue - but not a huge deal and most of those would still book onboard if they had to wait. Few individual tables would say “if I can’t book pre cruise for a single dinner - I’ll skip it and do MDR only”. It kinda pushes you to wait or do the UDP at a higher price point.