JetBlue economy class and flightease

rbj287

Does anyone know what class of economy that flightease books you on jetblue?  There is blue basic, blue and blue extra. I called a flightease representatives and they had no idea. They forwarded me to Seabourn’s air department which I called on 2 different occasions and hour long holds. They stated that they couldn’t confirm which class but they said no way would we have to pay for a carryon bag or choice of seat (blue basic) but then retracted and said they couldn’t guarantee that. I would like to use flightease bit would like to know the specifics before booking. Does anyone have any experience booking through flightease on jetblue?  Thanks in advance. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the information!  I notice if you book first class for jetblue on flightease it lets you pick a seat but if you book economy it says you can’t pick a seat yet?  It just makes me nervous. 

• Like 1

Going into Barbados they only had economy available, so that’s what we booked.   When the reservation was made, we were able to assign seats through the JetBlue website, no problem (better seats for a fee as well as seats in the back for free were both available).  I don’t think we tried booking seats through FlightEase but directly on JetBlue website was no problem.

Edited by johng75370

• 8 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 7:27 PM, rbj287 said:

Does anyone know what class of economy that flightease books you on jetblue?  There is blue basic, blue and blue extra. I called a flightease representatives and they had no idea. They forwarded me to Seabourn’s air department which I called on 2 different occasions and hour long holds. They stated that they couldn’t confirm which class but they said no way would we have to pay for a carryon bag or choice of seat (blue basic) but then retracted and said they couldn’t guarantee that. I would like to use flightease bit would like to know the specifics before booking. Does anyone have any experience booking through flightease on jetblue?  Thanks in advance. 

This is EXACTLY the question I plan on asking Seabourn reservations tomorrow!!!

Does anyone here have any "newer information" regarding what fare class (Blue Basic, Blue, or Blue Extra) is actually provided on JetBlue when you book using Flight Ease "Economy"?

Edited by adolfo2

We had the same issue for a cruisee on Odyssey in March. The best flights were on JetBlue, and we were going to book through Seabourn. But because we couldn't determine if they would be booking us in Blue or Blue Basic, we ended up booking direct with JetBlue to make sure we weren't in Blue Basic (which doesn't allow a carry-on, even for a fee).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 12:34 AM, cruiseej said:

We had the same issue for a cruisee on Odyssey in March. The best flights were on JetBlue, and we were going to book through Seabourn. But because we couldn't determine if they would be booking us in Blue or Blue Basic, we ended up booking direct with JetBlue to make sure we weren't in Blue Basic (which doesn't allow a carry-on, even for a fee).

Seabourn agent wasn't sure either so she transferred me to their air department (which happens to be Princess). The Princess agent assured me that the lowest class of service offered on JetBlue by Seabourn is "BLUE" which is one step up from the lowly blue-basic. 

I booked via Seabourn and was able to select seats by visiting JetBlue.Com so she must have been right as advance seat selection isn't available on blue-basic.

• Thanks 2