Refund on Excursions

ScratchTheRat

I moved from the Epic to the Getaway over a month ago and NCL said I'd get a refund for my shore excursions (£400+) and I still haven't received this. I've chased and chased as I need to book excursions for Naples/Livorno to be allowed to leave the ship and I sail in just over 2 weeks.

Anyone else had this issue?

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

did you try calling norwegian for an update on this? it could be a simple problem like your credit card information needs to be updated in thier system for a refund 

Yeah, as I said, I've chased and chased. Called multiple times. They just say "There's delays"

I don't particularly like the fact that NCL canceled the "on your own" tours on the Getaway and they say they will not refund the money for 30 days.  I have to pay for another tour to leave the ship and they want to keep my money from the first tour? I understand the reason for canceling the tours but it shouldn't take 30 days to refund the tours. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JennJ99738 said:

I don't particularly like the fact that NCL canceled the "on your own" tours on the Getaway and they say they will not refund the money for 30 days.  I have to pay for another tour to leave the ship and they want to keep my money from the first tour? I understand the reason for canceling the tours but it shouldn't take 30 days to refund the tours. 

Today they told me "up to 6-7 weeks" 😮

My post cruise excursion was cancelled because of flight conflict, so I added the regular transfer.  Do you think NCL could handle that transaction?  Nope.  Fortunately I realized there was now a balance due (for the transfer), so paid that and magically my flight info got released.  Since I'll be using the same CC for everything, it will all come out in the wash I suppose but really not an efficient way to do business.

12 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Not as of this minute, though things can change at anytime as we have seen this past week.

Not true. Only UK guests boarding in Barcelona are not allowed off the ship in Italy. This is because Italy has a 5 day quarantine in place, so if people are boarding Getaway (from Rome) or Epic in Rome then they will have satisfied this requirement prior to boarding

• Like 2