New Back2Back protocol

HicksRA

I just received the email too.  It's totally insane bravo sierra.  So I'm supposed to lug everything off with me, get the test and then wait for the check-in time I picked for the next cruise?  So since I usually pick a late time for the next cruise to free up earlier times for new guests, I'm supposed to cool my heels in the terminal until 3pm?  Same cabin for all cruises, but we have to pack up and leave for each one. 

• Like 2

Seriously???!!  And then wait in terminal, or in the parking lot...?, for hours before you can reboard at whatever ur check-in time is..??What??!!?  What happened to testing during your first leg of cruise to qualify for the 2nd leg?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I assume so if someone tests positive between sailings they will not be going back onboard while contagious to pacl up their belongings, etc.  I get that it is a PITA, but I also think it makes sense.

It makes no sense. If a regular cruiser tests positive, they go pack their own stuff and leave.

Why should it be different for b2b people?  They're basically telling all B2B that they're assuming they have covid, and should you be so lucky that you don't have covid, you can get back in line with everyone else.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I assume so if someone tests positive between sailings they will not be going back onboard while contagious to pacl up their belongings, etc.  I get that it is a PITA, but I also think it makes sense.

No, you have to understand the steps and processes. It makes no sense whatsoever. The B2B testing on-ship happened on turnover day when I sailed on Adventure and I since have heard they moved the testing to Friday, the day before turnover day. That's when you'd know if you're positive. The Saturday B2B'er actually waited for results; others come in, take the test, and go back out to the ship, and if they test positive, they get sought out after having been mixing with other passengers already.

Nothing in this announcement makes anything better in any respect should someone test positive. And nothing in this announcement does anything else but make the entire experience worse for every single B2B passenger.

• Like 6

I have to agree with @dswallow's post to Mike Bailey.  "What the hell is wrong with your people?"  I suppose it could be the same summer intern who mistakenly put the $18 drink package out 2 years ago.  They just moved him or her to Covid policy making.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

SuperMario may not like this development. 

In the past, if leaving out of PE or Miami, he usually was one of the first off the ship. HE drives home to drop off laundry, get mail, etc. 

Edited by MaritimeR&R

11 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

In the past, if leaving out of PE or Miami, he usually was one of the first off the ship. HE drives home to drop off laundry, get mail, etc. 

Surely he's not packing up his room, taking all his baggage with him and waiting in line on the flip side to re-board though

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

We were on Symphony doing BTB and last week had to leave ship and go thru immigration in port terminal .  Wait in baggage claim area for an hour to get all the same paperwork rechecked from the previous week before finally getting back to the terminal waiting area for another hour wait.  We started off in main dining room at 9:00 am and finally back on board at 1:00 pm.  There were about 50 of us.  We were changing room so had to lug all personal items but bags stayed on board packed.  We had to retest antigen the day prior.  All aboard already knew they were good to go.   This worked reasonably well and why the change beyond that makes little sense.  First week we were 1600 passengers and week two down around 1200.  Crew is 70% filled and all aboard 12 and older are vaccinated.   Those under 12 are still the issue.  
Crew is board stiff and you will get tired of being asked if there is anything I can do.  Main dining room you can hardly eat with so many stoping by to check on you.  Specialty restaurants are nearly empty and same line of questions will nearly ruin your experience.  It’s like going to a party that no one came to.  It’s no party and rather a bore wherever you go.

I agree this sucks! We booked our B2B almost a year ago and booked the same room for both cruises so we didn’t have to pack.  Earlier this week we got an email saying they were changing our cabin due to Covid protocols which didn’t make us happy but knowing our cabin steward would move our luggage we decided to just go with the flow.  Now this!! We have a 3:00pm check in time which we just selected the later time since we knew it wouldn’t make a difference.  Now if we need to pack, carry off our luggage and then sit outside for 6 hours to wait until 3:00 is awful! Seriously considering canceling.

• Like 1

We booked our b2b late. Our second boarding time is 2:00. Assuming we get tested by 10 to 11, we’ll have to wait several hours to reboard. I assume we can’t leave the terminal. We’ll probably cancel our second cruise.

• Like 2

They don't want anyone testing positive while physically aboard the ship is a likely motive.  Now they can simply say "X number of guests boarding Y cruise tested positive at check-in and were denied boarding".  So, no bad press or reports to the CDC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

They don't want anyone testing positive while physically aboard the ship is a likely motive.  Now they can simply say "X number of guests boarding Y cruise tested positive at check-in and were denied boarding".  So, no bad press or reports to the CDC.

They want to piss off their most valuable passengers to avoid bad PR? 

• Like 6