Onboard Quest's first cruise

Huntingdon1701

I have so many questions, I called Azamara themselves but they were a little vague. Is travel insurance compulsory on Azamara? What happens if you test positive on arrival at the port? What happens if you test positive onboard? What day do they test you for flying home, can you arrange the test for the last day? Dress code for evening restaurant- is chinos and shirt about right, or is it more formal?Ladies.. cocktail dress or more casual??Sorry for all the Qs, but only dome Cunard Grills and SIlversea before x

45 minutes ago, QM2 fan said:

I have so many questions, I called Azamara themselves but they were a little vague. Is travel insurance compulsory on Azamara? What happens if you test positive on arrival at the port? What happens if you test positive onboard? What day do they test you for flying home, can you arrange the test for the last day? Dress code for evening restaurant- is chinos and shirt about right, or is it more formal?Ladies.. cocktail dress or more casual??Sorry for all the Qs, but only dome Cunard Grills and SIlversea before x

1.  It is not compulsory to have insurance, they do not ask for details but it would be folly to go on a cruise without one (what if you have to medivac?)

2.  The testing information is all on their website but I have cut and pasted the responses from the FAQs

• If I test positive for SARS-COV-2 right before my cruise, at the terminal, or on the cruise, what is your compensation policy and what associated costs are covered?

Guests sailing on or before October 31st, 2021 have the following reassurance at no extra charge.

• A 100% Future Cruise Credit will be provided for any guest who tests positive within two weeks of their sail date, as well as any members of their immediate traveling party who choose to cancel.
    • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, you will be entitled to either a partial or full FCC or refund for the amount paid, depending on the situation. Azamara will also cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party. Guests must comply with travel requirements, health and safety protocols in order to be eligible for this reassurance.

We encourage guests purchase travel insurance for added peace of mind and reassurance, either through Azamara or other insurance provider of your choice.

3. Debark testing will be conducted on board by our medical staff prior to debarkation, and can be simply scheduled onboard. (my addition, it is free of charge)

4.  Chinos and shirt is fine - think what would you wear going out to a UK restaurant - thats idea, for ladies a pretty top and nice trousers or a dress but you do not need cocktail dresses

All this applies as of today - depends when you are cruising if there is any changes

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, QM2 fan said:

Azamara's terms and conditions state that you must have adequate travel insurance prior to boarding. The details of the insurance is requested during the online check-in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Azamara's terms and conditions state that you must have adequate travel insurance prior to boarding. The details of the insurance is requested during the online check-in.

As far as I recall I have not given these details for several years, I have to give a UK contact but there is no box to put in my insurers details - but I cannot imagine anyone who cruises not having insurance - the questioner has been on other lines I am sure their T and Cs would be the same

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

This was in the 24 pages of booking confirmation we received for a booking we made directly with Azamara 12 days ago:

1.11 Will I need travel insurance?
All guests should ensure that they have appropriate personal travel insurance in place as soon as possible after booking, but certainly before departure. This must include, as a minimum, cover for the cost of cancellation by yourself and the cost of medical treatment and assistance including repatriation in the event of accident or illness. It is your responsibility to make sure that the insurance you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs, and to purchase additional or alternative insurance if required. We would strongly recommend that you contact your Travel Agent or an independent insurance broker for details of suitable policies for your needs.

Really important Information Riocca. Thank you for posting this. 
We never travel without insurance for a number of reasons. And that was before Covid. 
Not sure how it works in the UK, or other countries, but in the States a lot of insurance doesn’t follow us internationally, particularly for seniors. Comprehensive coverage requires booking it within 14-21 days of deposit. Some employee or private insurance will travel, but may not have medical evac and other other important elements. That type of insurance add on can often be done closer to the cruise date. 
I think required travel insurance my  become the norm for the foreseeable future.  
Sure  hoping this first Quest sailing is going smoothly. Looking forward to this and others upcoming stories as the ships start sailing. 

I have my first Azamara cruise booked for 2022. I understand the need for medical and evacuation which we always have, but I don't understand the above statement about cancellation insurance being a must. I have it through my credit card but don't buy a separate policy. Why would they care if I had cancellation insurance?

2 hours ago, JL87 said:

I have my first Azamara cruise booked for 2022. I understand the need for medical and evacuation which we always have, but I don't understand the above statement about cancellation insurance being a must. I have it through my credit card but don't buy a separate policy. Why would they care if I had cancellation insurance?

They want you to buy the  cancellation insurance they sell. 

Edited by jelayne

On 8/29/2021 at 12:51 AM, read2learn said:

What category of cabin is that? I have a Club Vereanda Plus for April.  Thank you for this wownderful post!  🛳️

It's Club Veranda, so the same type you'll have, but without the OBC etc. 

It's not a big room but very comfortably furnished. I'm enjoying having a proper table on the balcony for breakfast. ( They're currently just dropping food off at the door rather than coming into the cabin). 

IMG_20210830_080626.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, QM2 fan said:

They test you again at port if you're positive to be sure. You then get FCC. I can't remember if Azamara are providing hotels too - but in any case the Greek Govt is providing free quarantine accommodation. 

Insurance is not compulsory on Azamara and they haven't checked if I have it (I do). 

Not sure yet on the testing but believe it is the day before arriving back in Athens. Will post and confirm when I know. 

Dress code in restaurant is relaxed - no shorts or anything ripped. Some people dress up a bit. I've worn a casual shirt and chinos and no-one's looked at me oddly. Not while I can see, anyway... 

The restaurant has been very empty, as we're not a full cruise. Everyone has had a window table. 

• Like 5

Hello everyone From Limassol, Cyprus. 

Yesterday was a sea day, which I spent mostly sleeping on loungers on the promenade deck. They're out if the sun, no-one else was around, and Mosaic Cafe is just the other side of the door. I'm already addicted to Mosaic - great coffee and finger food. 

There were also two hour long pot lectures by Marty Novaky which were excellent. They recorded them and are available on the interactive TV. 

Finding that about 90% of the time I'm not wearing a mask, because not required when eating, drinking, sunbathing or sleeping, or in cabin. So effectively only in Cabaret Lounge or walking to the restaurant/cabin. Everyone else is being good too. Think we need to wear them on excursions and will report back after first one today. 

Various forms and daily planners, including the waiver for Cyprus, which is instead of their passenger locator form - so don't worry about different entry rules for Cyprus. 

IMG_20210828_202236.jpg

IMG_20210828_202244.jpg

IMG_20210828_202249.jpg

IMG_20210828_202257.jpg

IMG_20210829_081223.jpg

IMG_20210829_081234.jpg

IMG_20210829_081704.jpg

IMG_20210829_081709.jpg

IMG_20210829_100854.jpg

IMG_20210829_100858.jpg

IMG_20210829_105404.jpg

IMG_20210829_105419.jpg

IMG_20210829_200038.jpg

IMG_20210829_200047.jpg

IMG_20210829_200100.jpg

IMG_20210829_200113.jpg

• Like 4

Forgot to mention, they're currently using regular paper menus in the dining room but gave us a card with a QR code and a short questionnaire on whether we'd use it. They've adapted their onboard internet so you can just connect for QR codes. 

It worked fine, and they were the only option in my Greek hotel, but the Azamara one loaded very slowly. So it may or may not make an appearance in future cruises. 

• Like 2

This is such a great insight, thanks!

Lovely to see how normal onboard life seems from what is shown in The Insider, albeit with a few numbers limitations.

Ah you’ve discovered the secret of the regulars the Deck 5 loungers ….shhhh 😀

Have a great day in Cyprus

By the way it’s Captain Johannes birthday today, the cake chef (she is a lovely lady) will have been busy this week! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Reading the dining options it would seem that the only speciality open is Prime C with no mention of Aqualina

Yes, I have been able to find nothing on Aqualina. Its mentioned in a few legacy documents but doesn't appear to be open. 

4 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Yes, I have been able to find nothing on Aqualina. Its mentioned in a few legacy documents but doesn't appear to be open. 

Probably down to staffing problems and reduced passenger levels, have you tried Prime C?, Aqualina is next door on the opposite side of the ship.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Probably down to staffing problems and reduced passenger levels, have you tried Prime C?, Aqualina is next door on the opposite side of the ship.

I'm guessing that with reduced passenger numbers, whilst the doors to Aqualina are closed you can still get their menu items in Prime C. Huntingdon posted this earlier. They've combined the menu items. 

Phil 

E757B7BD-78EF-4178-9BDC-4B3C43C8366E.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

That would make sense. The other side is Windows Cafe, so I'm wondering if Aqualina has been converted for extra space. 

Aqualina was on the other side to Prime C on Deck 10, Windows cafe on Deck 9, two sides with the pool grill outside Windows. Have they rejigged this for the welcome back test cruises?

Edited by uktog

Just now, uktog said:

Aqualina was on the other side to Prime C on Deck 10, Windows cafe on Deck 9, two sides with the pool grill outside Windows. Have they rejigged this for the welcome back test cruises?

I confused decks. I'll pop back up and check when I'm back. 

• Like 1