Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

@terrydtx

After the terrific live review from the 8/15 Equinox cruise I am spoiled and NEED my daily fix of everything Equinox, lol!!!!!  Anyone doing one on your cruise?  I thought I saw someone post that they were going to do one though not as detailed as Angela's.  Post a link please.

Happy 50th anniversary.  Enjoy your evening in Murano for your very special anniversary. Your menu choices sound yummie.

Have a great cruise.

Mary

• Like 2

I'm hoping that Terry will be posting.   He's been very active on both his Roll Call and on the Live Blog.

I was just logging in this morning to see  if anyone is posting myself.    I have one week to go before I fly to join the 9/05 Equinox.  

I need a daily fix of CC to go with my morning coffee.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

ok, lets use this as the live review. 🙂

day 1: was told 1200 passengers out of 3400 max..

day 2: Bahamas

bahamas govt changed rules a few days ago.

only leave ship with shore excursion. 😞

i and many pax remained on ship.

• Thanks 1

Here I am and I am impressed,  the service and food is fantastic.  We had dinner last night in Luminae and our filet were one of the best I have had in any restaurant and I would put it up against Ruth Chris and Perry's Steak House. Both were tender and full of flavor. One hint we usually order medium rare but we needed to order rare. Lunch was just as good with the delicious lobster roll yesterday. Our Butler Lorenzo is fabulous and very prompt, he brought breakfast hot and on time this morning. 

I will try to post more as we go, we have no shore excursions in Nassau today because you can't get off the ship unless you use a X sponsored one. One complaint on a port day the only Lunch option for Retreat is the Retreat sun deck and it is too hot with no shade for lunch. We are having room service for lunch.

Our suite champagne is a bottle of French private labeled for Celebrity,  we will drink it for sailaway this afternoon. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here are pictures of our Sky Duite 2153 aft facing with huge balcony and full size table and chairs. Lorenzo set the table up for breakfast this morning on the balcony. We will do this every morning now.

20210827_114411.jpg

20210827_114458.jpg

20210827_114503.jpg

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Embarkation was fastest and easiest of any cruise so far. Got to the terminal at 11:20, got right to Suites VIP and we were in our cabin by 11:35 and in Luminae at noon for lunch. Even the non suites line was only 20 or 30 people deep.

Our butler said we are sailing with about 1200 passengers and we had 14 no shows of booked passengers.  I assume the 14 either failed the pre boarding test or couldn't get tested on land. We are 100% vaccinated for all over 12. I have not seen and kids so far, but surprised how many walk around the ship masked even around the pool.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Beba-Beba said:

@terrydtx

After the terrific live review from the 8/15 Equinox cruise I am spoiled and NEED my daily fix of everything Equinox, lol!!!!!  Anyone doing one on your cruise?  I thought I saw someone post that they were going to do one though not as detailed as Angela's.  Post a link please.

Happy 50th anniversary.  Enjoy your evening in Murano for your very special anniversary. Your menu choices sound yummie.

Have a great cruise.

Mary

Could you ask Host Anne to change the name of this thread to Live from August 27 Equinox? This will be our live thread.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thank you so much for the updates!  We will be on the next 9 night cruise on Sept 17 so I'll be interested to hear whether they test onboard before arrival in Bonaire.  I hope all of you have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thank you so much for the updates!  We will be on the next 9 night cruise on Sept 17 so I'll be interested to hear whether they test onboard before arrival in Bonaire.  I hope all of you have a wonderful cruise!

So far for this cruise all ABC island are open to vaccinated passengers with no pre arrival testing, this was the information given out today, but it can change any time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm hoping that Terry will be posting.   He's been very active on both his Roll Call and on the Live Blog.

I was just logging in this morning to see  if anyone is posting myself.    I have one week to go before I fly to join the 9/05 Equinox.  

I need a daily fix of CC to go with my morning coffee.

Would you please fulfill Terry's request to change the thread name to Live from August 27 Equinox.  I do not know how to do that.  thx

Mary

3 minutes ago, Beba-Beba said:

Would you please fulfill Terry's request to change the thread name to Live from August 27 Equinox.  I do not know how to do that.  thx

Mary

@Host Anne could you please change the title of this thread to "Live from August 27th Equinox "

Thanks,

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Here I am and I am impressed,  the service and food is fantastic.  We had dinner last night in Luminae and our filet were one of the best I have had in any restaurant and I would put it up against Ruth Chris and Perry's Steak House. Both were tender and full of flavor. One hint we usually order medium rare but we needed to order rare. Lunch was just as good with the delicious lobster roll yesterday. Our Butler Lorenzo is fabulous and very prompt, he brought breakfast hot and on time this morning. 

I will try to post more as we go, we have no shore excursions in Nassau today because you can't get off the ship unless you use a X sponsored one. One complaint on a port day the only Lunch option for Retreat is the Retreat sun deck and it is too hot with no shade for lunch. We are having room service for lunch.

Our suite champagne is a bottle of French private labeled for Celebrity,  we will drink it for sailaway this afternoon. 

Thanks Terry --- hope you have a wonderful cruise.   Love your insights and information.

I almost missed your sailaway.  I remembered just in time to see the Equinox go past the building where the camera is.  You must have sailed straight up 6pm.  

Have a great cruise.  I will be with you all the way.  These blogs will have to do it for me until it is my turn on January 30th, 2022.  That's a long time!!!!!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beba-Beba said:

Mary

You just click those three dots at the top right corner of one of your posts, select “report” and make your request for the title change there. Since you’re the OP, it’s possible that you may be the only one who can request the change🙂

Lorenzo brought our lunch, crab 🦀 cakes and 🍤 He set up table in our cabin for the lunch and opened the Champagne,  he told us later in the cruise he will bring a better bottle for us, but this one is very good. We are getting spoiled by Celebrity. 

20210828_124938.jpg

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

You just click those three dots at the top right corner of one of your posts, select “report” and make your request for the title change there. Since you’re the OP, it’s possible that you may be the only one who can request the change🙂

OK I did that.  thx

• Like 1

I do not know if it because of the pandemic or just being a suite but the service has been like nothing before. We ordered room service for lunch after it was delivered by our butler they called to make sure everything was good. The consierge called to see if we needed anything from him. I have never had this service before. Our waiter in Luminae last night, Nicolas said he will be our waiter for every meal no matter where we sit, I like that since he knows what we like. We ordered a glass of the Bordeaux wine $15, and the sommelier opened a new bottle and our glass was never empty, no extra charge,  the wine was excellent and we love good wines. There is no reason with Premium drink package to ever order a bottle. I think we ended up drinking the whole bottle BTW.

• Like 7