Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

20 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Do we know they only use tracelet data or do they consider things like excursions where everyone who may have been on the bus with the positive case is included? 

Depends upon what technology and information (e.g., as you say, shorex) is available, and it's ship by ship.  It's a combination of whatever they have at hand.  Not all ships have tracelets.  Not all ships have extensive video surveillance with facial rec. 

38 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, @goofysmom99, have you ever been able to determine, unofficially or officially, who it was you actually came in contact with for an extended period that caused you to be included in this? For example, do you remember socializing at dinner with your table mates, as you earlier referenced, where someone seemed to have cold-like symptoms?

I have a hunch but it's really only a WAG.  I'm by myself so often read in Cafe al Bacio.  I try not to eavesdrop but I heard someone ask another of a group of four if he was feeling better.  Made me look.  Then I masked up and headed to the elevator.  I'd been there an hour.  Guessing they were there 30-40 minutes.  But it could just have easily been Oceanview.  Only two places I've sat near others.  But who knows?  My tablemates are fine; they email me for updates. Haven't been to a show this cruise either.  And no tours.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, 39august said:

Goofy'smom, would you please see if you can order a drink to be delivered since you have a drink package? Even if you are OK with your carry on wine, most people don't have that to fall back on. I have the premium package and if I get quarentined, I surely would like to be able to take advantage of it while in "jail".  That is a concession they should definitely make to those affected. My fingers are crossed for your good result tonight. 

Who should I call?  Not in a suite so don't have a butler.

Edited by goofysmom99

4 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Who should I call?  Not in a suite so don't have a butler.

I don't think you'll have time to wait for a drink. Any minute now, you're going to get your negative test result.  I see your favorite gelato and a club chair in your immediate future😊

15 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I don't think you'll have time to wait for a drink. Any minute now, you're going to get your negative test result.  I see your favorite gelato and a club chair in your immediate future😊

You're psychic.  It's Gelato time!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2021 at 9:03 PM, ShawninFL said:

This is exactly the thought process my parents are taking.  They have followed all the guidance over the last year.  They limited going out other than when it was necessary and got vaccinated as soon as we could get them scheduled.  They wore/wear their masks when they are not able to be socially distant.  My dad turns 94 this coming Wednesday and his traveling days are obviously closing.  I spoke with my parents this past Friday just to be sure they still wanted to go with the recent CDC guidance against cruising and they're still all in.  Dad said he wanted to do whatever can while he can still do it.  So, the good lord willing, we're just 4 negative Covid tests away from setting sail in a week. And my husband and I are looking forward to it as much as my parents. 

I am in the same situation. Getting older.  I need this cruise , after being cooped up for the last 1.5 year as a single for the first time after 53 years.  Followed all the rules towards this pandemic, masked whenever I left the house. Groceries brought in. As I have now taken the covid booster vaccine,, I feel I am as protected as much as I can be. ,With Celebrity carrying smaller occupancy,, high end protocols,  and  all adults vaccinated   I  actually feel safer going  on a cruise  than going to the mall.   

• Like 2

Ran into another couple just released and got some answers.  You can get wine by the bottle and mini bottles delivered no charge.  Just no open glasses.  They're not allowed to carry those.  Also might be able to order from Sushi on 5.  Not sure about that though.

I have to wear a mask outside my cabin which is no big deal since I'd already started doing that.  The other couple and I chatted for at least 30 minutes....3 meters apart.  We all agreed we are going to protect ourselves.  They got taken aside when they came back from town in Curacao yesterday.  They'd been as socially distant as they could and guessed Blu where I'd guessed Cafe al Bacio.  So as I said, who knows.  We're also going to be tested one more time and they'll call us with the schedule of where and when.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I have to wear a mask outside my cabin which is no big deal since I'd already started doing that.  The other couple and I chatted for at least 30 minutes....3 meters apart.  We all agreed we are going to protect ourselves.  They got taken aside when they came back from town in Curacao yesterday.  They'd been as socially distant as they could and guessed Blu where I'd guessed Cafe al Bacio.  So as I said, who knows.  We're also going to be tested one more time and they'll call us with the schedule of where and when.

I assume you may remove the mask while eating or drinking. Must you follow this protocol for the remainder of the cruise? Did you ever learn how many of you were confined to quarters? It sounds as though you were being so careful. I don’t see what more you could have done. I hope you found your favorite gelato! Fingers crossed that the rest of your holiday is uneventful😊

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Ran into another couple just released and got some answers.  You can get wine by the bottle and mini bottles delivered no charge.  Just no open glasses.  They're not allowed to carry those.  Also might be able to order from Sushi on 5.  Not sure about that though.

Been reading about your ordeal...been there done that with my hubby on the 8/8 Equinox sailing.  First off, very glad to hear you are well.  But, just in case you were planning to sail on the subsequent sailing, i.e., back to back, you can't. They told us on 8/14 at 2:30pm we had to get off since hubby had been a close contact (even though both tests were negative) but called us and awakened us at 11:32pm saying we could stay on BUT called us again awakening us at 6:30am on 8/15 saying 'sorry we made a mistake last night and you do have to disembark today'. Hope your next test is negative also. Take care.   

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Been reading about your ordeal...been there done that with my hubby on the 8/8 Equinox sailing.  First off, very glad to hear you are well.  But, just in case you were planning to sail on the subsequent sailing, i.e., back to back, you can't. They told us on 8/14 at 2:30pm we had to get off since hubby had been a close contact (even though both tests were negative) but called us and awakened us at 11:32pm saying we could stay on BUT called us again awakening us at 6:30am on 8/15 saying 'sorry we made a mistake last night and you do have to disembark today'. Hope your next test is negative also. Take care.   

Thank you for the info.  I'm non B2B this cruise but have one at the end of the month.  I'm going to be doubly cautious.  And bring extra masks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stunned said:

Also, people who are "jailed" -- especially those who have a Premium Beverage Package or more -- should be allowed to order anything whatsoever to be delivered to their staterooms.

That is one of my questions - do they deliver drinks to your quarantined room if they request you to stay in there?

So as I am one of the people who were “jailed” I can tell you we had plenty of bottles of wine and beer delivered to our room during quarantine. Also, we ordered from across all the menus to try and make the best of the situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

It was nice talking to you tonight (socially distanced of course) in Cafe Al Bacio

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Do we know they only use tracelet data or do they consider things like excursions where everyone who may have been on the bus with the positive case is included?   I know this was the case on one of the early Edge cases that they were considered close contact.  Although they were only "jailed" for a few hours while 1 test was done.   Seems the protocols are "evolving".   I've always thought these protocols should be published so we all know what to expect when these things happen.  They can certainly be updated as then evolve like is going on with the frequent updates on testing, etc.....

I asked that exact question, and they told me the tracelet data is what they used to know I was in “close contact”

10 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I assume you may remove the mask while eating or drinking. Must you follow this protocol for the remainder of the cruise? Did you ever learn how many of you were confined to quarters? It sounds as though you were being so careful. I don’t see what more you could have done. I hope you found your favorite gelato! Fingers crossed that the rest of your holiday is uneventful😊

Yes, you can remove it for eating and drinking.  I expect it'll be easy to spot the newly released.  We'll be the ones with our masks hanging off of one ear while we eat or drink! 😁

• Haha 4