Is there a discount for booking B2B cruises?

Ken the cruiser

Being new to SB, and knowing that pricing strategies can vary greatly between cruise lines, I thought I'd ask this question just to make sure we're not missing any discounts when booking a B2B. 

We are booking a 20 day family cruise on the Sojourn in July 2023 where (1) our cabin will have 2 people, but (2) our son's cabin will have 3 people, to include their daughter. The 20 day cruise is also being sold as two 10 day cruises. Fascinating thing is there are "no" 3 person cabins available on the 20 day cruise, but there are plenty of 3 person cabins on the two separate 10 day cruise that make up the 20 day cruise with an additional cost of course.

To make this comparison apples to apples so to speak, if we were to book a double occupancy V4 cabin on each of the 10 day legs, the cost would be $7,154 pp for the first leg and $7,079 pp for the second leg for a combined total of $14,233 (plus taxes and fees). If we were to book the same V4 cabin on the 20 day cruise, that includes both 10 day legs, the price would be $12,474 (plus taxes and fees) with the difference being $1,759 pp.

Since all of the "3 person" veranda V1-4 cabins were "magically" flagged as being sold out on the 20 day cruise, but were very much available on the two 10 day cruises if you wanted to pay $1,759 pp more (plus the additional 50% for the 3rd person which is as expected) seems to us to be a little bit over the top. I know when we used to sail with Oceania or Crystal if we booked a B2B, they would give us a 5% discount to offset the difference. Does Seabourn offer a similar B2B discount that the agent just neglected to mention, or is this just the way things are done when booking a B2B on Seabourn?

It's not a big issue. We just didn't want to unnecessarily leave any money on the table. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Just thought I'd pass along a follow-up to my above post. Mysteriously, last night some V1 3-person cabins became available when I took a chance and did a fake booking again on the 20 day cruise. Then, this morning a bunch of V2 3-person cabins were now bookable as well, which weren't available last night.

We immediately contacted our TA this morning and we now have our son's family in a V2 3-person cabin on the 20 day leg saving us a ton of money. What triggered the change of the 3-person cabins to become available on this cruise, we'll probably never know. But we're just happy they finally opened some up for booking. 😁