Driftwood Boat Bar Vs Sunset Grill

FPP777

We are suppose to port in St Martin mid October if all goes well. We are not planning an excursion, but instead plan to hit Front St for some duty free then continue over to the Maho beach area. Trying to decide on where to have lunch and drinks. 

Would appreciate any input.

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 3:09 PM, ULCajunCruiser said:

I'd appreciate this information or opinions too

We ended up going to Driftwood. Less crowded, the food and service were good and the plane watching was fantastic. We would certainly recommend it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FPP777 said:

We ended up going to Driftwood. Less crowded, the food and service were good and the plane watching was fantastic. We would certainly recommend it. 

Good to hear.   Can you share a little of your experience?   How did you get there and back?  Was it crowded??  Did you rent chairs???   

TIA.   Glad you had a good experience!

15 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Good to hear.   Can you share a little of your experience?   How did you get there and back?  Was it crowded??  Did you rent chairs???   

TIA.   Glad you had a good experience!

We first took a cab to the shopping area and made our liquor purchases. There is a taxi stand near the court house and we grabbed one. 10 dollars per person to get to Maho. We sat at a table at Driftwood and didn’t get chairs on the beach. It wasn’t crowded at all the day we were there. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 5:51 PM, FPP777 said:

We first took a cab to the shopping area and made our liquor purchases. There is a taxi stand near the court house and we grabbed one. 10 dollars per person to get to Maho. We sat at a table at Driftwood and didn’t get chairs on the beach. It wasn’t crowded at all the day we were there. 

What about the return trip?  I will be visiting St. Maarten in November, and I plan to visit Maho for some plane spotting.  Is it easy to catch a taxi back to port from Maho and how much per person?

On 11/8/2021 at 8:33 AM, PCHENG said:

What about the return trip?  I will be visiting St. Maarten in November, and I plan to visit Maho for some plane spotting.  Is it easy to catch a taxi back to port from Maho and how much per person?

The cost was 10 per person and there was 4 of us. When the driver dropped us we asked him to return at a specific time and he was more than happy to do that. I really didn’t pay attention to the taxi situation because of that. 

Google SXM Airport Arrivals to see what time the big ones land. Most jets arrive after noon. 

Edited by FPP777