Have you been on a cruise on your birthday?

rkacruiser

On 9/1/2021 at 8:08 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thank you.  Today, my 78th has been a very good one.  Even enjoyed a very long and clear to hear phone call with my Niece-in-Law--which is a rarity because of phone issues on her end of the the line in the past.  

I am working to get to my 80th.  God willing.  

RK, You are one day older than me!  No wonder we have so much in common!

• Haha 1

DH and I are both among the "odd ones" who do not celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other dates, and don't want to do so on cruises.  (Sorry, RK, I'm not trying to throw cold water on your very nice subject!)

We also put cake at the bottom of any list of desirable desserts!

We've been known to make a quick exit from the dining room if we see a cake and a big group of (singing) waiters coming our way.  One time, we returned to our cabin quite late, and opened the door to find a big tray with cake, plates, and cutlery waiting for us.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

One time, we returned to our cabin quite late, and opened the door to find a big tray with cake, plates, and cutlery waiting for us.  

However, I am sure that you appreciated that the ships' crew remembered your birthday.  

I'll never again cruise specifically to celebrate a special birthday.  I have done so twice.  Both cruises were enjoyable,  But, the "celebration" on both proved to be not what I had wished.  Nor have been the years that followed in some aspects.  

• 4 weeks later...

A birthday is a celebration  your life. It is am Important milestones  whenever I’ve been on a cruise I have celebrated my anniversary your birthday it’s nice to be acknowledged. She reaches out and some people don’t care about your birthday and you don’t want to knowledge it that’s fine too whatever makes you happy

• 5 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, MBP&O2/O said:

Perhaps I am the odd one out? I have spent so many birthdays / Christmas’s / anniversaries etc working and away from home that i usually don’t even bother ‘celebrating’, and the last people I would tell would be the staff on a cruise ship 🤣

To me, a birthday is just another day …. 

Pretty much, I've cruised near my birthday and never did anything special. Just MDR, here.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, lenquixote66 said:

when the wait staff sang happy birthday they sang it to my SIL’s name in error.

Someone didn't get the correct memo!  Doesn't this fit into the category of "It's the thought that counts"?