Are there any cruise lines that cruise the caribbean and do not port, stop, or start in the US

GICNJC

I have been with CC for a while, however was at a friend's party and a party goer ask me if there are cruise lines that operate in the Caribbean and do not touch US soil.  Her large extended family (roughly 50 individuals from infants to 80+) is researching a family get together.  They are looking for a cruise under 7 days, (preferably under).  I have spend hours on CC to research and having no luck.

Looking to the CC hive for their suggestions or where to look.

you might find  7 days  but not usually  less

Some of the UK   lines sail from Barbados 

P & O  come to mind

Costa /MSC

Use the FIND A CRUISE  link at the top of the page  & pick an Island  then see where they sail

8 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I have been with CC for a while, however was at a friend's party and a party goer ask me if there are cruise lines that operate in the Caribbean and do not touch US soil.  Her large extended family (roughly 50 individuals from infants to 80+) is researching a family get together.  They are looking for a cruise under 7 days, (preferably under).  I have spend hours on CC to research and having no luck.

Looking to the CC hive for their suggestions or where to look.

Yacht charter. Check with a broker like Ed Hamilton & Co. (not as expensive per person as one might think).

Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas is sailing out of Barbados through next April.  7-nighters.

My thought is that to go that far, fewer than 7 nights would hardly be worth the effort and $$.

Does she have a time period in mind?

Crystal Serenity currently cruise the Bahamas but embark in Nassau, Bimini and Miami.  Not sure if MiMi as a port call would qualify.  Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas is sailing from Nassau thru October.  Pending relaxation of COVID restrictions, more European lines may resume sailing from Caribbean islands.  MSc, Costa, Fred Olsen, P&O, etc.  but not likely less than 7 days.  
suggest you go to cruisetimetables.com, choose departure ports, and then such as Guadeloupe, Fort de France, Martinique ( under France)…EM

Edited by Essiesmom

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

A large travel agency, especially one that does group bookings, might be another good source of information, and then assistance with the bookings.

I will add that any TA who sees the opportunity to do a 50+ booking should jump through all sorts of hoops to give the OP exactly what they need and a whole bunch of perks including some free cabins.  The TA will do all the work in managing this large booking.   The OP is wasting their time doing the searching on CC.  Let a pro do it as they have tools to do it better than the OP.

I do think that the idea that someone suggested for a charter is an intriguing one and should be investigated.  Your pro TA can also do that for you.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I will add that any TA who sees the opportunity to do a 50+ booking should jump through all sorts of hoops to give the OP exactly what they need and a whole bunch of perks including some free cabins.  The TA will do all the work in managing this large booking.   The OP is wasting their time doing the searching on CC.  Let a pro do it as they have tools to do it better than the OP.

I do think that the idea that someone suggested for a charter is an intriguing one and should be investigated.  Your pro TA can also do that for you.

DON

I think many misunderstand the concept of something akin to group bookings.  Many cruise/travel agencies are members of "consortiums" which are essentially large group buying organizations that use volume as a clout when dealing with the cruise lines.  These consortiums, such as the Signature Travel Network, are relatively unknown by retail cruise customers.  So, for example, when I book a cruise through one of my favorite cruise agencies they are actually leveraging their membership in a large consortium to get favorable pricing, OBCs, and other amenities.   While traditional group bookings certainly do exist, they pale in comparison to consortium buying organizations.  There are also some decent high volume cruise agencies that generate more volume in a few days then most agencies do in a year.  

As to Charters, we see more and more of these special interest cruises.  However, keep in mind that many of these actually cost more money then a normal booking and target specific customers.  There are gay cruises, lesbian cruises, smooth jazz cruises, Star Trek Cruises  and there have even been nude cruises!   Speaking of the Smooth Jazz Cruise I just noticed that both weeks in 2022 are completely sold out!  

Personally one of my big no-no's is to accidently book myself onto a cruise that is hosting a large special group (a partial charter if you prefer the term).   That is always a risk on shorter cruises (shorter then 2 weeks long) in the Caribbean.  Just imagine being on a 3000 passenger ship where 2000 of the passengers are part of group that is opposed to the use of alcohol!  It has actually happened!

Hank

As well as P&O, Marella and Fred Olsen are planning Caribbean cruises next winter, all being well. Marella seems that they might be using Jamaica for their home port; Fred O looks like Havana.

The UK managed ships don't usually touch any part of the USA, including the islands, because of the visa regulations and immigration checks, for their weekly/fortnightly Caribbean cruises.

2 hours ago, zoncom said:

As I recall, any booking over 8 berths is a group booking,eligible for a nice discount. Most lines have a Group Desk. Do not hesitate to call them. They will be the most informed too.

I believe it is 8 cabins, not berths.  EM