Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

14 hours ago, mskitty22 said:

Hi.  This will be my second Norwegian Cruise.  Baltic May 2022.  Was not aware of bidding for upgrade til I read this thread.  Apologize for my ignorance. Gather that som folks get offered an opportunity to bid to upgrade their stateroom. When you receive the opportunity does it specify an upgrade to a particular cabin or just to a higher category please.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

Depending on the original cabin booked you are limited in what you can bid on. I was in an inside room so Balconys was as high an ugrade as I could go. If you are offered the chance to bid I think you should be able to offer up to Haven. There is a slider and you move this between a a minimum (varies with class of cabin) and a maximum. Bear in mind this is per person not the total bid so the figure displayed will translate into x2 the amount bid. I booked 3 cruises with NCL in Sept/Oct and got invited to bid on all three cruises. I think that reflects the lower than usual occupancy levels. I did notice on some other cruises in this period on dates Im not sailing, you could book a balcony direct for less than the cost of an inside room + a minimum bid, the later of course not being even guaranteed of success.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the Encore to Alaska on 10/9, booked in an Inside on deck 14.  Minimum bid for a balcony was $100/person.  I bid $125 ($250 total) and my bid was accepted on Friday, 9/24.  Probably could've bid a little lower maybe?  Still happy I got it, but would've been okay with the inside - this is my 3rd Alaska cruise and would've been happy in the Observation Lounge on the Encore.

• Like 5

Bids processed today for the 10/14 Getaway.  Won on a mid-poor bid from OV to balcony.  I'd initially bid higher but re-thought it and figured low would probably work.  So saved money that way, although an outright upgrade would have been cheaper - but couldn't because of the new policy about no upgrades unless promos are the same - and I have airfare (which was a great deal for this cruise).

Edited by julig22
  • Like 3

Got notified today of a successful upgrade bid for the 10/9 Encore. Went from a deck 12 BA balcony to a deck 15 B9 spa balcony on a 'poor' bid ($10pp over the minimum bid).

Just cancelled the thermal spa passes we had originally booked, which were a couple of hundred dollars more than the total charge for the upgrade, so I'm pretty happy with that.

• Like 6

Has anyone had a bid accepted using the it FCC? I saw that’s a new box added since covid. Wondering how is works? We have quite a bit of FCC hanging out currently.

Were on 11/21 encore and bid on spa club through aft penthouse pretty aggressively (we’re in club balcony at the moment).

Sailing Breakaway 10/3 received my upgrade today. Was in balcony, hid on Haven, won the 2 bedroom. Feel guilty as it is just my DH and I but got into the bidding process and bid on everything Haven. Was a fair bid but got accepted. With getting 30% off this booking originally, not a bad deal.  

Edited by worktocruise610
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

Sailing Breakaway 10/3 received my upgrade today. Was in balcony, hid on Haven, won the 2 bedroom. Feel guilty as it is just my DH and I but got into the bidding process and bid on everything Haven. Was a fair bid but got accepted. With getting 30% off this booking originally, not a bad deal.  

I am confused.  Your sailing started yesterday but your bid got accepted today?

1 hour ago, worktocruise610 said:

How much was a fair bid if you don’t mind sharing 

we’re waiting to get our bid offer Email and currently have a club balcony….going to try and bid on a 2 bedroom suite like you got.  Thx 

18 minutes ago, LaCal said:

How much was a fair bid if you don’t mind sharing 

we’re waiting to get our bid offer Email and currently have a club balcony….going to try and bid on a 2 bedroom suite like you got.  Thx 

My bid was $1700pp with what I originally paid, plus the bid, it was about 1/2 what they were going for and as much as I was willing to pay. First time bidding wanted to check it out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

My bid was $1700pp with what I originally paid, plus the bid, it was about 1/2 what they were going for and as much as I was willing to pay. First time bidding wanted to check it out

Thanks ……I was thinking of bidding between $1,500-$1,600PP

Edited by LaCal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

Lol so sorry! Sailing 10/10 I’m so excited I forgot my dates 🤪

Congrats.  DW and I were in the 2 bedroom just the 2 of us on our 15th anniversary.  The extra living room space and 2nd bathroom are great.

Hoping we get good news on our Courtyard or spa penthouse for this Sunday also.  But not feeling lucky since you already got yours.

38 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

Congrats.  DW and I were in the 2 bedroom just the 2 of us on our 15th anniversary.  The extra living room space and 2nd bathroom are great.

Hoping we get good news on our Courtyard or spa penthouse for this Sunday also.  But not feeling lucky since you already got yours.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

On 9/8/2021 at 6:25 AM, AnitaVacation said:

So, a few years ago, PP (pre-pandemic), a friend and I booked studio cabins on the Breakaway.  About 1 or 2 weeks before sailing, they dropped the price of balcony cabins and dropped the 2nd person supplement charge (for single cruisers).  We both called and each of us got our own balcony cabin for like $50 more than we paid for our studio!  It was a guarantee balcony, but I did put in a request for an aft if available...AND I GOT IT!!  It was pretty awesome.

Yesterday, I booked a club balcony mini-suite with extended balcony (those ones on deck 8 ) on the Breakaway...for mid October...I just looked around to see how many suites were still available (too see what our chances of Haven offerings)...seems like alot of the Haven class cabins are sold out, only a few (less then 20) of regular haven cabins, and quite a few (about 15, more) of the 2 bedroom haven suites... If we get an offer, not sure I would bid...I'm really looking forward to the large balcony.(which none of those have)..we've done the big fancy suites before, yes, they're very nice...but in addition to the extra price, you have more people to tip (room steward, butler, concierge) ..so factor that in your cost too.

I'm in this exact same situation right now.  I was booked in a studio on a December sailing and the prices just dropped dramatically on the insides and balconies (but not the studios).  I just rebooked to an inside for a $1700 cost savings.  My plan is to then put in a bid for a balcony when the time comes.  My question for you...... with no single supplement, did they still charge you double for a your successful upgrade?