Delta Airlines changed my schedule and rebooked me; read below to get the scoop

AF-1

I had a 1:20pm flight out of LGB(Long Beach).  Delta emailed me yesterday and changed my flight to 10:15 out of LGB.  My traveling companions are worried it is too early to make this flight.  I told them LGB is a small airport about 20-25 min from cruise port.  The ship docks at 6am and we can walk off at 7:30; collect our bags, go thru customs and catch a 8am taxi to airport.  We are all TSA Pre;  it should not be an issue;  what you say?  

p.s. the flights out of LGB are limited as everything goes thru SLC (Salt Lake City).  We chose this airport so we could avoid having to deal with LAX.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:59 AM, AF-1 said:

I had a 1:20pm flight out of LGB(Long Beach).  Delta emailed me yesterday and changed my flight to 10:15 out of LGB.  My traveling companions are worried it is too early to make this flight.  I told them LGB is a small airport about 20-25 min from cruise port.  The ship docks at 6am and we can walk off at 7:30; collect our bags, go thru customs and catch a 8am taxi to airport.  We are all TSA Pre;  it should not be an issue;  what you say?  

p.s. the flights out of LGB are limited as everything goes thru SLC (Salt Lake City).  We chose this airport so we could avoid having to deal with LAX.

Hope there's not much traffic.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:01 AM, AF-1 said:

7am on Sat to this airport should be fine

I agree.  I've flown LGB multiple times for cruises.  It also has a better choice of pre-cruise hotels than San Pedro.  

Just sign up for self-debarkation, and have private transportation:  Uber, private limo, taxi, etc.  You don't want to be on a shuttle or bus waiting for other people.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:24 PM, pcur said:

I agree.  I've flown LGB multiple times for cruises.  It also has a better choice of pre-cruise hotels than San Pedro.  

Just sign up for self-debarkation, and have private transportation:  Uber, private limo, taxi, etc.  You don't want to be on a shuttle or bus waiting for other people.

100% agree with everything you said.  Will self debark;  clear customs and head to airport.  Plan on being at airport NLT 0830

Just beware of possible delays getting off the ship. The last cruise I was on there were 2 deaths on the final night and at least 2 arrests when we got to port. The arrests were not related to the deaths, but they caused lengthy delays to disembarkation, more-so when we got to the terminal building rather than actually getting off the ship.